I think it shouldn't be too much problem as long as we get the + and - correct...and of course the left and the right as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 189
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Bought from them before and they are fine.
There is no difference unless the cable you use is unbelievably long or made of a material that changes the resistance noticeably. Otherwise, zero change. And it takes at least 30ohms or so to start hearing an almost noticeable change with the pfe...
Got the PFE012 for my sister from the Earphonesolution during last year's black friday sale for $80 + the green filter container. Sadly, she hated the sound so I traded hers with my Klipsch s4, which I left in the dust and gladly she love it. First impression is that it sounded disappointing; needed truckload of volume and worse, the stock tips aren't isolating.
Then, until I put the shure olives (small) on and kapow, I love how these sing. Combination of "fun" and "non-fatiguing" sound signature is on my top list. I prefer the PFE to the klipsch x10 because PFE isolation decimates x10. Plus the high on PFE does not distort like the X10. The bass quantity is better on PFE because of the isolation that the shure olives give. Weirdly, Shure olives altered the klipsch x10 as the bass is reduced and increase distortion in highs.
Anyhow, I got extra green filters so if one wanna trade for grey/black, I'd be happily too.
Edited by Gandasaputra - 3/15/14 at 8:21pm
Gandasaputra, do yourself a favor and try the grey filters. Transform your PFE012 to the more expensive PFE112 by just changing to the grey filters. You will find that the sound just opens up with the grey filters. Mids and Highs come alive and everything sounds much clearer and more detailed though the bass is not affected. Hope this helps
Edited by Francisk - 3/15/14 at 10:51pm
The black filters have a dip around the mid frequency region therefore it has a V shaped sound signature. I find the grey filters have the most neutral sound signature. I think you should test them all to find your own preference.
If you prefer reference sound I wouldn't bother with any filters other than the greys. However, I realize different people have different tastes. The other filters simply take the frequency response further from neutral.
Gandasaputra, try contacting Phonak (http://www.audeoworld.com/) and see if they're still selling those filters.
had contacted the person and sadly the representative replied:
Sorry if you are unable to find them on:
then we are out of them indefinitely.
Apparently since the phonaks are discontinued, so are the filters. Oh well, I'll stick with the green ones but it'd be great if I could trade some of my greens with the grey ones.
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 35 seconds ago
- › Preparing for the inevitable: DAP recommendation 41 seconds ago
- › Soundmagic ES18 or throw in extra for E10? Or maybe neither?... 3 minutes ago
- › TOTALDAC D1 dual 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2