- 443 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 188
Gear mentioned in this thread:
should be able to get them directly from comply. $20 for 5 pairs last I checked (couple of days ago). Purchased a 5 pack last fall, no complaints about the service. Of course this is assuming you want foamies, silicone maybe audeo world (or whatever they call it).
They ARE the tips of the pfe112. Some people will say they aren't, because they are different colors or whatnot, but I have both and they are identical. Audeo even verified this before I bought some.
I've also been tweaking an eq setting for the pfe112. I have them extremely flat. I can never go back to not using eq now with these. They sound sooooo good. This will work in any equalizer with only 3 bands and q values or bandwidth! Fyi, this is for use with comply foam tips. It still improves the silicon tips, but the foam lowers some treble peaks a bit and i designed it around them. The improvement will just be a little less with the silicon.
Luisdent's PFE112 3-band EQ! (bandwidth values)
dB Hz bandwidth
8 30 2.2
4 3200 1.38
-2 8400 .71
Luisdent's PFE112 3-band EQ! (q-values)
dB Hz q-value
8 30 .6
4 3200 1
-2 8400 2
Edited by luisdent - 2/3/14 at 10:07pm
Does anybody have a set of medium sized ones they can spare, that's living in the states? Anybody willing to let go of them for a few dollars or better yet as good will? I don't want to spend $20 for some silicons for $100 headphones. Doesn't seem worth it.
Edited by SilverEars - 2/3/14 at 9:12pm
That's a very nice cable!
What is the improvement compared to the stock one?
I'm interested in recabling my Phonak Audeo PFE 232 but I was told that their connectors/sockets are reversed compared to 'regular' recables and actually haven't seen them here on HF before. Which (EU) companies offer these custom cables and how to get additional connectors for them?
They still make them.
All righty then. I've been wondering how good I can get my pfe112 eq. Using available graphs and studio monitors and just listening, I've come up with an even flatter eq than my 3 band. This is the best I've ever heard the pfe112. I think if someone measured my eq with the pfe112 it would graph very very flat. I had to add two more bands to achieve the accuracy I wanted, but oh well.
Here it is for anyone who wants to try it. Just use the appropriate bandwidth or Q setting, depending on which eq app you use. I've included them both together in the EQ listing...
PFE112 (Medium Silicon Tips, comply are good too, but a bit warmer sounding)
LDURF (LuisDent Uber Reference Flatness) EQ Settings ;-) hehe
Edited by Francisk - 2/27/14 at 6:40pm
Yeah, luisdent's version of PFERM...the PFE version of Ultimate Ears UERM I've got the same black PFE like yours...all black...love it. Btw audiofreakie, where did you have your PFE recabled and how much. It's good to know that recalling is possible in case we damage the cable one day. My PFE is a keeper
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 15 seconds ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)