- 307 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 188
Gear mentioned in this thread:
should be able to get them directly from comply. $20 for 5 pairs last I checked (couple of days ago). Purchased a 5 pack last fall, no complaints about the service. Of course this is assuming you want foamies, silicone maybe audeo world (or whatever they call it).
They ARE the tips of the pfe112. Some people will say they aren't, because they are different colors or whatnot, but I have both and they are identical. Audeo even verified this before I bought some.
I've also been tweaking an eq setting for the pfe112. I have them extremely flat. I can never go back to not using eq now with these. They sound sooooo good. This will work in any equalizer with only 3 bands and q values or bandwidth! Fyi, this is for use with comply foam tips. It still improves the silicon tips, but the foam lowers some treble peaks a bit and i designed it around them. The improvement will just be a little less with the silicon.
Luisdent's PFE112 3-band EQ! (bandwidth values)
dB Hz bandwidth
8 30 2.2
4 3200 1.38
-2 8400 .71
Luisdent's PFE112 3-band EQ! (q-values)
dB Hz q-value
8 30 .6
4 3200 1
-2 8400 2
Edited by luisdent - 2/3/14 at 10:07pm
Does anybody have a set of medium sized ones they can spare, that's living in the states? Anybody willing to let go of them for a few dollars or better yet as good will? I don't want to spend $20 for some silicons for $100 headphones. Doesn't seem worth it.
Edited by SilverEars - 2/3/14 at 9:12pm
That's a very nice cable!
What is the improvement compared to the stock one?
I'm interested in recabling my Phonak Audeo PFE 232 but I was told that their connectors/sockets are reversed compared to 'regular' recables and actually haven't seen them here on HF before. Which (EU) companies offer these custom cables and how to get additional connectors for them?
They still make them.
All righty then. I've been wondering how good I can get my pfe112 eq. Using available graphs and studio monitors and just listening, I've come up with an even flatter eq than my 3 band. This is the best I've ever heard the pfe112. I think if someone measured my eq with the pfe112 it would graph very very flat. I had to add two more bands to achieve the accuracy I wanted, but oh well.
Here it is for anyone who wants to try it. Just use the appropriate bandwidth or Q setting, depending on which eq app you use. I've included them both together in the EQ listing...
PFE112 (Medium Silicon Tips, comply are good too, but a bit warmer sounding)
LDURF (LuisDent Uber Reference Flatness) EQ Settings ;-) hehe
Edited by Francisk - 2/27/14 at 6:40pm
Yeah, luisdent's version of PFERM...the PFE version of Ultimate Ears UERM I've got the same black PFE like yours...all black...love it. Btw audiofreakie, where did you have your PFE recabled and how much. It's good to know that recalling is possible in case we damage the cable one day. My PFE is a keeper
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Yulong A28 1 minute ago
- › 2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction /... 2 minutes ago
- › Bring Back Your Boy Friend Kala Jadu Specialist +91-9950620150 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 4 minutes ago
- › The FELA Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Love Vashikaran Specialist call to +91-9950620150 6 minutes ago
- › ATH-A500X Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)