- 485 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I begin, I want to thank @H20Fidelity for providing me this review sample. Also want to thank Fidue for creating such a great product. I did not purchase the Fidue A71 but I will not let...
These have been part of my set-up for about 2 months. The set-up has consisted mainly of: Phonitor 2 fed by a Mdac or Dacmagic (Main Rig) Portable use saw it used with a NuForce Udac Gaming...
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 188
Gear mentioned in this thread:
should be able to get them directly from comply. $20 for 5 pairs last I checked (couple of days ago). Purchased a 5 pack last fall, no complaints about the service. Of course this is assuming you want foamies, silicone maybe audeo world (or whatever they call it).
They ARE the tips of the pfe112. Some people will say they aren't, because they are different colors or whatnot, but I have both and they are identical. Audeo even verified this before I bought some.
I've also been tweaking an eq setting for the pfe112. I have them extremely flat. I can never go back to not using eq now with these. They sound sooooo good. This will work in any equalizer with only 3 bands and q values or bandwidth! Fyi, this is for use with comply foam tips. It still improves the silicon tips, but the foam lowers some treble peaks a bit and i designed it around them. The improvement will just be a little less with the silicon.
Luisdent's PFE112 3-band EQ! (bandwidth values)
dB Hz bandwidth
8 30 2.2
4 3200 1.38
-2 8400 .71
Luisdent's PFE112 3-band EQ! (q-values)
dB Hz q-value
8 30 .6
4 3200 1
-2 8400 2
Edited by luisdent - 2/3/14 at 10:07pm
Does anybody have a set of medium sized ones they can spare, that's living in the states? Anybody willing to let go of them for a few dollars or better yet as good will? I don't want to spend $20 for some silicons for $100 headphones. Doesn't seem worth it.
Edited by SilverEars - 2/3/14 at 9:12pm
That's a very nice cable!
What is the improvement compared to the stock one?
I'm interested in recabling my Phonak Audeo PFE 232 but I was told that their connectors/sockets are reversed compared to 'regular' recables and actually haven't seen them here on HF before. Which (EU) companies offer these custom cables and how to get additional connectors for them?
They still make them.
All righty then. I've been wondering how good I can get my pfe112 eq. Using available graphs and studio monitors and just listening, I've come up with an even flatter eq than my 3 band. This is the best I've ever heard the pfe112. I think if someone measured my eq with the pfe112 it would graph very very flat. I had to add two more bands to achieve the accuracy I wanted, but oh well.
Here it is for anyone who wants to try it. Just use the appropriate bandwidth or Q setting, depending on which eq app you use. I've included them both together in the EQ listing...
PFE112 (Medium Silicon Tips, comply are good too, but a bit warmer sounding)
LDURF (LuisDent Uber Reference Flatness) EQ Settings ;-) hehe
Edited by Francisk - 2/27/14 at 6:40pm
Yeah, luisdent's version of PFERM...the PFE version of Ultimate Ears UERM I've got the same black PFE like yours...all black...love it. Btw audiofreakie, where did you have your PFE recabled and how much. It's good to know that recalling is possible in case we damage the cable one day. My PFE is a keeper
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 35 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Closed-back equivalents of DT990? 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The death of headphone retail? 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-300a and RE-300h Review by mark2410 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 5 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3