- 565 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 188
Gear mentioned in this thread:
should be able to get them directly from comply. $20 for 5 pairs last I checked (couple of days ago). Purchased a 5 pack last fall, no complaints about the service. Of course this is assuming you want foamies, silicone maybe audeo world (or whatever they call it).
They ARE the tips of the pfe112. Some people will say they aren't, because they are different colors or whatnot, but I have both and they are identical. Audeo even verified this before I bought some.
I've also been tweaking an eq setting for the pfe112. I have them extremely flat. I can never go back to not using eq now with these. They sound sooooo good. This will work in any equalizer with only 3 bands and q values or bandwidth! Fyi, this is for use with comply foam tips. It still improves the silicon tips, but the foam lowers some treble peaks a bit and i designed it around them. The improvement will just be a little less with the silicon.
Luisdent's PFE112 3-band EQ! (bandwidth values)
dB Hz bandwidth
8 30 2.2
4 3200 1.38
-2 8400 .71
Luisdent's PFE112 3-band EQ! (q-values)
dB Hz q-value
8 30 .6
4 3200 1
-2 8400 2
Edited by luisdent - 2/3/14 at 10:07pm
Does anybody have a set of medium sized ones they can spare, that's living in the states? Anybody willing to let go of them for a few dollars or better yet as good will? I don't want to spend $20 for some silicons for $100 headphones. Doesn't seem worth it.
Edited by SilverEars - 2/3/14 at 9:12pm
That's a very nice cable!
What is the improvement compared to the stock one?
I'm interested in recabling my Phonak Audeo PFE 232 but I was told that their connectors/sockets are reversed compared to 'regular' recables and actually haven't seen them here on HF before. Which (EU) companies offer these custom cables and how to get additional connectors for them?
They still make them.
All righty then. I've been wondering how good I can get my pfe112 eq. Using available graphs and studio monitors and just listening, I've come up with an even flatter eq than my 3 band. This is the best I've ever heard the pfe112. I think if someone measured my eq with the pfe112 it would graph very very flat. I had to add two more bands to achieve the accuracy I wanted, but oh well.
Here it is for anyone who wants to try it. Just use the appropriate bandwidth or Q setting, depending on which eq app you use. I've included them both together in the EQ listing...
PFE112 (Medium Silicon Tips, comply are good too, but a bit warmer sounding)
LDURF (LuisDent Uber Reference Flatness) EQ Settings ;-) hehe
Edited by Francisk - 2/27/14 at 6:40pm
Yeah, luisdent's version of PFERM...the PFE version of Ultimate Ears UERM I've got the same black PFE like yours...all black...love it. Btw audiofreakie, where did you have your PFE recabled and how much. It's good to know that recalling is possible in case we damage the cable one day. My PFE is a keeper
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr - $499/£399 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › any meets or places to demo headphones in Omaha, NE???? 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 8 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2