So I've got a pair of the 022 that I use the gray filters with and love them... but I've been reading that they're discontinued. With the caveat that I haven't read this entire 186 page thread, is it worth stocking up on filters right now? Or maybe even buying a backup pair at $60?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 187
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2792 of 284412/30/13 at 1:38am
I think 2 pairs would work long enough, they can only get dirty and it's possible to clean them, as far as I read about it.
As for tips, maybe the best would be to ask comply to hear from them if they planing to discontinue production anytime soon.post #2793 of 28441/7/14 at 7:06pmpost #2794 of 28441/11/14 at 3:08amQuote:
Have you tried the JDS Labs C421 or its successor? Perfect match with the PFE-232 so my guess is it should be very fine with the PFE 122 too. I might sell the C421 as I am planning on buying the X5 in March/April. My C421 has the OPA2227 chip + gain switch + bass boost switch + USB, imported to EU in June 2012, first owner.post #2795 of 28441/11/14 at 7:03pm
Haven't tried anything but an old fiio e5 but I was looking at the smaller amp like: GoVibe Mini Box http://www.soundandvision.com/content/mini-amp-review-fiio-e6-fireye-mini-govibe-mini-box-page-4
but the C421 looks pretty sweet. Have to do some more research! Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.post #2796 of 28441/12/14 at 8:16ampost #2797 of 28441/13/14 at 6:03pmpost #2798 of 28441/23/14 at 9:43am
Hey all. I have a pair of PFE111s and have been very happy with them. Just one question though....is anybody having problems with the filters falling out? Looked at mine yesterday, and one of the filters was half out, and a month or so ago both of them completely fell out - surprisingly didn't lose them. A month or so was with a pair of blacks, so I switched to the greys. I've tried looking to see if the housing was cracked, and didn't see anything. Could this be because I switched the filters a few times and now they're looser? Or possibly because I use the comply tips and rolling em round to get them squished is somehow pushing the filters out?
Any thoughts? I'll be getting a fresh new pack of filters today (Canada Post willing) so hopefully they might fit a little better.
Cheerspost #2799 of 28441/23/14 at 10:36amQuote:
What source are you using? My pfe s sound quite good straight from the cowon S9post #2800 of 28441/23/14 at 2:51pmpost #2801 of 28441/23/14 at 6:54pmQuote:
Sounds pretty good from my iPhone 5 but I want to get a little improvement.post #2802 of 28441/24/14 at 8:09ampost #2803 of 28441/25/14 at 12:54ampost #2804 of 28441/28/14 at 4:29am
Here is my impression with my portable devices and PFE-232. I do realize that the latter needs an amp to shine, so maybe comparison with PFE-1xx should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Nokia Lumia 820 (EQ off):
'thin' sounding with narrow soundstage. FiiO E5 (bass off) makes vocals come out more and soundstage wider and is a step up. JDS Labs C421 (bass off, high gain) is definately more powerfull, rich and warm sounding, intimate and makes you feel like you're in it
Cowon S9 (EQ/BBE off):
Just the player by itself is already much better SQ wise than Nokia Lumia 820 + Fiio E5. Adding E5 to the S9 is even better than Nokia Lumia 820 + C421. When paired with the C421 the S9 sounds really great: full, smooth and detailed with lots of power and clarity in vocals, soundstage much wider than all of the above.
If you are stuck with a smartphone, a relatively cheap and little device like a FiiO E5 is a step up. A good portable - but more bulky - amp like the JDS Labsdefinately can give you much more detail and warmth to music coming from a (smart)phone. A digital audio player obviously takes the sound to a higher level and makes the Phonak Audeo a real pleasure to listen to. Moreover if you prefer EQ/BBE/Bass boost then a DAP is worth looking into.
Hope this helps, just my 2 centsReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? 3 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 4 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 6 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 10 minutes ago
- › M-Audio HDH 50 / AKAI AP-HPH-002 10 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 11 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 12 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob