Yeah good idea haha :P
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
UIEM version of westone 4's would be HIFI-man HE500.
The region between 600 Hz and 8 kHz is noticeably attenuated with the black filters. I suspect your ears are more sensitive to frequencies within that range
Yeah that's probably the case. But after a lot of switching and listening to the different filters, the grey ones do sound the best.
I'm hearing no bass, do these need some burning in before the bass gets more "meatier" or is this just the sound signature?
Edited by luisdent - 9/19/13 at 8:52pm
Ah pink floyd...yes :)
I think cranking the bass up all the way up while driving my car everyday contributes to me craving for some more bass. But you know, IEMS...and SUBWOOFERS. Big difference!
Edited by leadbythemelody - 9/19/13 at 9:00pm
Never mind, either I got a better seal or they "broke-in" but I hear the bass now...and it's REALLY Deep especially with bass boost :)
Edited by leadbythemelody - 9/20/13 at 3:38pm
I recently acquired a Govibe Martini + amplifier here on head-fi and I paired it with the PFE 232's. Instruments sounded extremely fuller along with vocals. The PFE 232's sounded like different headphones. They were actually more mid-centric with stronger bass and more tamed highs. I really recommend you try listening to the Govibe Martini + with the PFE 232's, it's really intriguing how much amplifiers alter the sound of headphones...
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo just now
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 25 seconds ago
- › Hey HF, this has been asked, but wanting some opinions of owners. 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Speakers acting up, HELP PLEASE!! 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)