Yeah good idea haha :P
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
UIEM version of westone 4's would be HIFI-man HE500.
The region between 600 Hz and 8 kHz is noticeably attenuated with the black filters. I suspect your ears are more sensitive to frequencies within that range
Yeah that's probably the case. But after a lot of switching and listening to the different filters, the grey ones do sound the best.
I'm hearing no bass, do these need some burning in before the bass gets more "meatier" or is this just the sound signature?
Edited by luisdent - 9/19/13 at 8:52pm
Ah pink floyd...yes :)
I think cranking the bass up all the way up while driving my car everyday contributes to me craving for some more bass. But you know, IEMS...and SUBWOOFERS. Big difference!
Edited by leadbythemelody - 9/19/13 at 9:00pm
Never mind, either I got a better seal or they "broke-in" but I hear the bass now...and it's REALLY Deep especially with bass boost :)
Edited by leadbythemelody - 9/20/13 at 3:38pm
I recently acquired a Govibe Martini + amplifier here on head-fi and I paired it with the PFE 232's. Instruments sounded extremely fuller along with vocals. The PFE 232's sounded like different headphones. They were actually more mid-centric with stronger bass and more tamed highs. I really recommend you try listening to the Govibe Martini + with the PFE 232's, it's really intriguing how much amplifiers alter the sound of headphones...
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 11 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 34 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Vertere Pulse DF-i USB cable 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › SMSL M2 Dac Usb problem 3 minutes ago
- › Any old fart head-fi'ers still around? 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)