- 88 Posts. Joined 3/2005
- Location: Austin, Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 178post #2656 of 28526/14/13 at 5:56pmI've just taken an inventory of my PFE filters and have 7 black (2 may be damaged) and 9 gray. I think I have enough filters on hand to last many years. Perhaps, picking up the 122 series was the best move for me? I can buy a generic earphone hard case on ebay for $2 which will likely offer more protection than the soft pouch Audeo case. I was wondering, is the remote included with the 122s permanently attached to the cable? I keep my Cowon J3 in my shirt pocket, so I don't really need a remote or pause button for my PFEs. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2657 of 28526/14/13 at 6:00pmpost #2658 of 28526/14/13 at 6:24pmpost #2659 of 28526/14/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
That's why I bought a pfe112 and then a pfe012 as a backup. Identical earphone, but the 012 comes with black filters and no ear guides. I just use my grey filters in it and it looks cooler because it's all black. hapost #2660 of 28526/14/13 at 6:58pm
I bought 2 sets of 122s and like many others did not realize they extra lacked filters, but you can always buy a set of your preferred filters from the Audeo store for the $20 you saved over the 132. That way, you get an extra 3 or 4 sets of your preferred filters for future use.post #2661 of 28526/14/13 at 7:04pmQuote:post #2662 of 28526/14/13 at 7:09pmpost #2663 of 28526/14/13 at 7:15pmpost #2664 of 28526/14/13 at 7:20pmIf anyone is interested in the 132's send me a pm, I Just received them this week but since I will be upgrading my 4s to a s4 or note in October I really don't need the mic and apple controls.post #2665 of 28526/14/13 at 7:32pm
If anyone in the Austin, TX area is looking for a pair of PFE 122s, I'll sell you the pair I should receive tomorrow for $79.
Buyer must pick up. Please send me a PM.
Thank You!post #2666 of 28526/14/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
westone 4?post #2667 of 28526/14/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
Should be samsung galaxy s4, that's why he does not need 132's apple controls.
I got 132 during recent sale and got impressed with SQ...it motivated me to get 232 also. Now I have both..they sound great but I need suggestion on tips that isolote better than stock tips.post #2668 of 28526/14/13 at 9:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by musicinmymind
Should be samsung galaxy s4, that's why he does not need 132's apple controls.
I got 132 during recent sale and got impressed with SQ...it motivated me to get 232 also. Now I have both..they sound great but I need suggestion on tips that isolote better than stock tips.
oh, i see. i was going to say, I find the pfe 1xx series an 'upgrade' from the westone 4r. lol much more neutral and clear. 232 is excellent if you want more bass, but the highs are a little more boosted than I prefer, but great to have both to get the best of both worlds...post #2669 of 28526/15/13 at 3:31amSorry for the misunderstanding, yes the Galaxy S4 or Note 2..maybe 3 if it is out by then.
For 65 dollars these would make some awesomely cheap ciems through Fisher Audio. I think they charge under 100 don't they? Plus the cable would be upgraded as well. Do these things ever straighten out?
Edited by Poimandres - 6/15/13 at 3:51ampost #2670 of 28526/15/13 at 3:35amQuote:Any of the PFE series should be then as they are all the same but with different filters. I'm going to email Fisher and see if they they would be able to put the pfe in a ciem and build it so that the filters would be interchangeable with the original phonak tool.Originally Posted by luisdent
oh, i see. i was going to say, I find the pfe 1xx series an 'upgrade' from the westone 4r. lol much more neutral and clear. 232 is excellent if you want more bass, but the highs are a little more boosted than I prefer, but great to have both to get the best of both worlds...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 second ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 11 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › HD600 and Toxic cables 1 minute ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 2 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Searching for a new over ear headset under 180€ 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob