I would like to buy PFE112 for iPhone5. Can it drive 112 well?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 174
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2597 of 27895/12/13 at 6:34ampost #2598 of 27895/12/13 at 12:24pmpost #2599 of 27895/12/13 at 12:31pm
For use with low-end sources like that, I recommend Etymotic HF series over the PFE - the former are much easier to power properly and sound clearer out of weak sources. PFE lacks attack when not amped well, sounding too soft and smoothed over.post #2600 of 27895/13/13 at 8:55pm
I had read of someone washing filters. Maybe it was hydrogen peroxide? Worked.
Also, Complyfoam.com sells the correct size for PFEs. The foam definitely sounds the best - short, moving the driver closer to the ear, and seems to dampen reflections that make them bright and splashy.post #2601 of 27895/14/13 at 5:58pmpost #2602 of 27895/16/13 at 3:11pmpost #2603 of 27895/16/13 at 3:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Stoney
I had read of someone washing filters. Maybe it was hydrogen peroxide? Worked.
Also, Complyfoam.com sells the correct size for PFEs. The foam definitely sounds the best - short, moving the driver closer to the ear, and seems to dampen reflections that make them bright and splashy.
I remember people using hydrogen peroxide to clean filters and the Comply foam tips. Provided you dry the filters and tips after soaking, they should be as good as new. I should probably go clean my filters and tips...
They were Comply T-130, right? The Comply tips do reduce the high end a bit and improves the bass quantity and isolation. I would say they're probably the best tips for the grey filters. I've tried the Shure tips and they just do not work well for me.post #2604 of 27895/17/13 at 1:20ampost #2605 of 27895/22/13 at 2:34pmpost #2606 of 27895/26/13 at 9:36pmI just purchased some Perfect Bass 022's after reading the recommendations on this forum. I listened to them for a week on my Galaxy S3 and was very happy with them, great value for money. I've owned some etymotics HF2s and a couple of cheaper sennheiser pairs and I liked the Phonak's more.
Then, after reading how an amp improves the sound of these I tried them with my laptop and was blown away!! This is some of the best music I've heard! The laptop amp stepped the quality up just enough to get over that line where it fools you into thinking you are hearing the music live. I think an even better amp could get still a little more out of these. The amp in my laptop (Dell M1530) seems to suit these with the green filter very well and reduce the prominence of the bass compared to my phone, to a level I like. I've just ordered some grey filters to see how they go.
In summary, don't just use these with your phone alone, you're missing out on an exceptional sonic experience. I think the galaxy S3 is a bit low on power compared to other phones so isn't a great source to power these.
Edited by loud n clear - 5/26/13 at 9:37pmpost #2607 of 27895/27/13 at 12:37ampost #2608 of 27895/27/13 at 1:53amQuote:
Indeed. I wouldn't use anything but grey filters. They may not sound as bassy at first, but they are much flattef overall and youll hear more smoothness and details...post #2609 of 27895/27/13 at 3:07ampost #2610 of 27895/27/13 at 3:54pmI am also a fan of the grey filters. They provide better detail and bass quality in exchange for bass quantity. Swap to T-130 Comply tips for more bass quantity and tame the highs without using an equalizer (if preferred). Otherwise, a simple equalizer change to the low frequencies with the grey filters should be plenty.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony MDR-7520 5 seconds ago
- › ELE DAC vs MacBook Pro internal DAC - virtually the same SQ? 6 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 LA/SoCal Regional Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014,... 17 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Graham Slee Solo Headphone Amp - Mint + Beautiful Sounding - Europe... 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › Bit Perfect Audio from Linux 3 minutes ago
- › LOU REED'S PARROT ZIK Headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe