Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 173

post #2581 of 2901

Interesting.  Audeoworld.com is a connecthearing site.  Connecthearing is a Sonovo company, which also owns Phonak.  Maybe they've just moved Audeo to the US in a basic webstore rather than pay high Swiss wages for marketing and distribution staff while still keeping the factory in Vietnam.  Time will tell.
 

post #2582 of 2901
Probably only stocks left are in US as well. But man there are no sites which sell the pfe232 cable. I want to possibly modify a remote cable to work properly with android.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
post #2583 of 2901

Guys i really need your help. I am between buying the phonak 112 or TDK BA 200 for the same price, used for the former and new for the latter.

 

 

Could somebody tell me what's going on about the distortion measured by rin?

 

 

It is the only thing that drives me towards the BA 200 according to others who have head them both

 

 

Quote:

There is a lot of harmonic distortion, especially the third harmonics, in the mid-range, at which the human hearing becomes the most sensitive. This is definitely audible

 

http://rinchoi.blogspot.gr/2012/07/phonak-audeo-pfe-022.html

 

 

 

Thanks

post #2584 of 2901
Pfe112 are newer rev of 022 so I would say you're looking at the wrong review smily_headphones1.gif

I have the 122 (which I always thought was 112) and no distortion that I can hear of after over a year of constant use.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
post #2585 of 2901
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshiro View Post

Pfe112 are newer rev of 022 so I would say you're looking at the wrong review smily_headphones1.gif
 

 


yes i know but the drivers are the same thats my understanding. Thank btw for your input

post #2586 of 2901

They're the same, but different filters (green vs. grey) would presumably yield different measurements.

post #2587 of 2901

Hi

 

If I'm curious to try a phonak iem out before they vanish which one would be best for rock and metal?  Whilst I'm tempted to jump in at the deep end and try the 232's not entirely sure that's wise under the circumstances. 

 

Cheers

post #2588 of 2901
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarCry View Post

 


yes i know but the drivers are the same thats my understanding. Thank btw for your input

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

They're the same, but different filters (green vs. grey) would presumably yield different measurements.

 

Ah right. I have also read that grey filters are more neutral and are more expensive than the greens. Mine came with grey and blacks so i'm not able to tell u. But yeah no distortion with the grey filters :).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Hi

 

If I'm curious to try a phonak iem out before they vanish which one would be best for rock and metal?  Whilst I'm tempted to jump in at the deep end and try the 232's not entirely sure that's wise under the circumstances. 

 

Cheers

 

I dont think phonak iems would suit your taste as they're rather neutral overall imo. The 232 is an amazing IEM nonetheless, I prefer it over W4 and Earsonic SM3v2. I havent used my IE8 in a while too due to the 232 but IE8 will always have a place in me lol

post #2589 of 2901

Kind of screwed here. Owning 012, I've lost all of PFE tips except the Ls, which just don't fit me, andone of my green filters is sounding much lower than the other. Was going to buy a green filter kit, a grey filter kit too (I already have the blacks but don't like them much), and medium sized tips, but the new audeoworld.com doesn't ship to portugal unfortunately, nor does earphonesolutions, any alternative?

post #2590 of 2901
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgil96 View Post

Kind of screwed here. Owning 012, I've lost all of PFE tips except the Ls, which just don't fit me, andone of my green filters is sounding much lower than the other. Was going to buy a green filter kit, a grey filter kit too (I already have the blacks but don't like them much), and medium sized tips, but the new audeoworld.com doesn't ship to portugal unfortunately, nor does earphonesolutions, any alternative?

 

Shure tips should work fine on the 012. As for filters... i think earphonesolutions ship internationally no?
post #2591 of 2901
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshiro View Post

Shure tips should work fine on the 012. As for filters... i think earphonesolutions ship internationally no?

Shure tips change the sound for the worse imo. Makes it more congested and darker, at least that's the impression I get on my 112.

post #2592 of 2901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Shure tips change the sound for the worse imo. Makes it more congested and darker, at least that's the impression I get on my 112.


+1

 

But I like my IEMs dark. etysmile.gif

 

Westone Star silicone tips are a pretty good choice though. I can't hear many differences between those and the stock tips.

post #2593 of 2901
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgil96 View Post

Kind of screwed here. Owning 012, I've lost all of PFE tips except the Ls, which just don't fit me, andone of my green filters is sounding much lower than the other. Was going to buy a green filter kit, a grey filter kit too (I already have the blacks but don't like them much), and medium sized tips, but the new audeoworld.com doesn't ship to portugal unfortunately, nor does earphonesolutions, any alternative?

Hifiheadphones in the UK does have audeo spares but unfortunately are way overpriced, especially the green filters. http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/phonak-audeo-accessories-ct-59_89.html

post #2594 of 2901

Holy cow that's pricey... no one knows any other store? I believe tips won't really be a problem since I can still buy complys from their site, but I really don't wanna pay 30£ for a set of filters... And earphonesolutions ships internationally but not to Portugal, even checked with audeo support

post #2595 of 2901
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgil96 View Post

Holy cow that's pricey... no one knows any other store? I believe tips won't really be a problem since I can still buy complys from their site, but I really don't wanna pay 30£ for a set of filters... And earphonesolutions ships internationally but not to Portugal, even checked with audeo support

Could you use a forwarding service?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread