Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 164

post #2446 of 2879

Where are owners of PFE buying their extra filters?  I can only find them in Europe.  Do any US retailers sell them?

post #2447 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by davoe View Post

Where are owners of PFE buying their extra filters?  I can only find them in Europe.  Do any US retailers sell them?


The official site, http://www.audeoworld.com

 

post #2448 of 2879

Loved the PFE 112's, but just not to my taste - excellent mids and highs, but lacks any bass (to my taste)

I have a comparison/review of them here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/590714/3x-100-earphones-detailed-comparison-between-tfta-1xb-vs-phonak-aud-o-pfe-112-vs-monster-turbine

post #2449 of 2879
tldr, so which comply foamies (model no) are suitable for pfe-112 rev 2?
post #2450 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post

tldr, so which comply foamies (model no) are suitable for pfe-112 rev 2?


http://www.complyfoam.com/products/T-130/

 

Its those ones, that are included in the package

 

rev2?

What u mean, by rev2 lol?

 

 

post #2451 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post


http://www.complyfoam.com/products/T-130/

Its those ones, that are included in the package

rev2?
What u mean, by rev2 lol?


apparently there's a rev2 http://www.soundearphones.com/products/audeo-pfe-112-black . Thanks. man comply must be rich (or its shareholders are).

It looks like it's a bit of a pain to get a the 112 + 3 sets of foamies - med, plus spare grey and black filters (seems with different shipping it's all about $250).
I'm also struggling to find a place that accepts paypal (e.g. hifihp.com.uk does not).

ps T100 interchangeable w 130?
Edited by svyr - 1/24/12 at 7:50am
post #2452 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post


apparently there's a rev2 http://www.soundearphones.com/products/audeo-pfe-112-black . Thanks. man comply must be rich (or its shareholders are).
It looks like it's a bit of a pain to get a the 112 + 3 sets of foamies - med, plus spare grey and black filters (seems with different shipping it's all about $250).
I'm also struggling to find a place that accepts paypal (e.g. hifihp.com.uk does not).

i don't think there is a rev2 bro - i think what they are saying there is (i could be wrong however):


BLACK, WHITE is posibly rev 1 and 2

 

PS.

I don't want to make this a push or a sale...but i do have the PFE 112's up for sale atm...(see unboxing video, it comes with grey, black filters x2 + med comply's)
 

 

 

post #2453 of 2879

Revision 1 was with the older, less sturdy cable and strain relieves. It's long gone from the market. Revision 2 is what most everybody has nowadays.

post #2454 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Revision 1 was with the older, less sturdy cable and strain relieves. It's long gone from the market. Revision 2 is what most everybody has nowadays.


i stand corrected it seems :)

Rev1 is very old, i remember reading things about that - as in the wire issue etc

 

 

post #2455 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Revision 1 was with the older, less sturdy cable and strain relieves. It's long gone from the market. Revision 2 is what most everybody has nowadays.

any idea if earphone solutions sell those?

>Rev1 is very old, i remember reading things about that - as in the wire issue etc

so your pair is rev2 as well?

>ps T100 interchangeable w 130?

any ideas?
post #2456 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post


any idea if earphone solutions sell those?
>Rev1 is very old, i remember reading things about that - as in the wire issue etc
so your pair is rev2 as well?
>ps T100 interchangeable w 130?
any ideas?


there are no more rev1's out there, even phonak said they could replace them for previous customers (from what i remember)

 

they are all rev2, and yes mine is rev2 as u can imagine

 

post #2457 of 2879

PFE 132 are really nice, it could be compared to IEM's in the $300-$400 range to some extent. I wouldn't really compare it to my IE8's because of the sonic differences but it is a definite win in my books, I could justify paying $300 for them.

post #2458 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Revision 1 was with the older, less sturdy cable and strain relieves. It's long gone from the market. Revision 2 is what most everybody has nowadays.




I think the newer PFE's might have the same problem. The left channel on my 232 cable started cutting out...

post #2459 of 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5370H55V View Post

I think the newer PFE's might have the same problem. The left channel on my 232 cable started cutting out...


That's the driver, probably not the cable :/

I had that problem with my Westone 2's - sometimes things like this happen.

 

 

post #2460 of 2879

I'm sure its the cable thats causing the problem. It only cuts out when I move the area around the plug and the problem goes away when I use the other provided cable. I would just switch to the second cable if it wasn't for the apple remote, plus the fact that a $600 pair of headphones died within 2 months...mad.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread