Well if you have the cash I'll go for the MDs because they do a lot things well and the build is much better than the SBs.
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productShure E500 PTHtagged by System, 10/19/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Atrios for classical?? Last post on 3/22/11 at 12:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Atrio M5 MG7 vs. TFTA Last post on 2/25/12 at 11:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tried my Westone 4s today for the first time Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Warm, smooth, lush IEM's? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd also recommend the SE530 and the IE8. If it wasn't for the IE8's overly bassy presentation, I'd put it ahead of the SE530 as my personal preference. The SE530 has a more balanced presentation in my opinion, but I find the IE8 more engaging.
Edited by MrSpenkelink - 10/17/10 at 12:34am
i hope i can get my hands with them...sooner than expected.
i am still waiting for bro joker's review...i wonder if it would take another day/s.
asked him personally to post his views on them.
maybe i just cant decide for myself.
bro inks...would it be wise to buy a brand new pair for $320 at jr with the new boxed control talk version without the cds and booklet.
or should i opt for your sold item to mr. CORY GILLMORE for $270?
the one he owns is the one that came from you...with the MD cds and booklet.
MILES MILES...when will i have you in my ears?
haay...life is too short to listen to bad earphones.
bro inks, does MDs need an amp to drive them fully of their potential???
i never own an amp before...
and i think it will add more costs to me.
i use my ipod as source.
ipod classic 120g.
headphone out or the universal dock out.
sounds like the silver bullet is quite the performer at $70 bucks or so.
I really enjoyed the MD's during my couple weeks of using them. They probably are my favorite of the top 3 Monster earphones although the MD's are pretty ridiculously overpriced at their MSRP even more so than the Golds or Coppers. However warm mids is what defines the MD's and they are quite good.
MDs (and monsters in general) definitely need a good source or an amp. Otherwise in the case for the MDs, they'll be too warm imo, look into the T3D/T3 which paired pretty well with it in my experience.
I'll take the ones that came from me because (and it may or may not make a difference) I did careful burn in at low volumes using piano tracks with lots of range and frequency sweeps and gradually went up. I remember the previous pair I had being slightly less controlled than this one, which may be from burn-in but I don't guarantee anything in regards to this. If you're really interested you can see this thread for more info.
Rawster I definitely agree that they're way overpriced (even at low 200s), but that's how flagships tend to be unfortunately. And the SBs sure are a performer, another funny thing about them is that they don't seem to have a particular sound sig, the only iem I've tried that had this feature was the RE252.
Edited by Inks - 10/17/10 at 9:32am
+1! I had 5 pairs of the Vibe Duos (each replaced for free when the pair before it failed). Great warm sound, and very comfortable. After the 4th exchange though I just couldn't take the build problems any more and moved on to a search for the perfect solution. While they still work though - wow, great sound and comfort for the price.
Despite quality concerns, V-Moda Vibe. Warm, smooth, and lush are its trademarks. It also has good authority in note, and isn't too muddy and maintains a decent level of detail and separation. They do get ripped on some for quality control past the Ver. 1 though, but they do actually perform well and is genuinely enjoyable to listen to.
so what do you think mr. rawster, is the mds worth buying?
i am looking for the best mids out there with a really likeable warm signature.
my friend owns a hje900, do you think MDs can compete very well with them?
or is the hje900 that great that it can outrank the MDs?
This nearly year old thread stopped back on post #22 I'm not sure why you bumped it pinoyman.
Anywho, new adds:
-Fischer Audio Eterna (most fitting)
-Audio Technica CK90Pro
- Warm, smooth, lush IEM's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Gun-Fi 5 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Shanling M2 Review & Impressions Tour 1 minute ago
- › Best amp for Sennheiser HD 600 or 650 for under 300$? 2 minutes ago
- › The t096z REVIEW - Torque's Flagship IEM 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2