Well if you have the cash I'll go for the MDs because they do a lot things well and the build is much better than the SBs.
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
- productShure E500 PTHtagged by System, 10/19/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Atrios for classical?? Last post on 3/22/11 at 12:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Atrio M5 MG7 vs. TFTA Last post on 2/25/12 at 11:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tried my Westone 4s today for the first time Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Warm, smooth, lush IEM's? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd also recommend the SE530 and the IE8. If it wasn't for the IE8's overly bassy presentation, I'd put it ahead of the SE530 as my personal preference. The SE530 has a more balanced presentation in my opinion, but I find the IE8 more engaging.
Edited by MrSpenkelink - 10/17/10 at 12:34am
i hope i can get my hands with them...sooner than expected.
i am still waiting for bro joker's review...i wonder if it would take another day/s.
asked him personally to post his views on them.
maybe i just cant decide for myself.
bro inks...would it be wise to buy a brand new pair for $320 at jr with the new boxed control talk version without the cds and booklet.
or should i opt for your sold item to mr. CORY GILLMORE for $270?
the one he owns is the one that came from you...with the MD cds and booklet.
MILES MILES...when will i have you in my ears?
haay...life is too short to listen to bad earphones.
bro inks, does MDs need an amp to drive them fully of their potential???
i never own an amp before...
and i think it will add more costs to me.
i use my ipod as source.
ipod classic 120g.
headphone out or the universal dock out.
sounds like the silver bullet is quite the performer at $70 bucks or so.
I really enjoyed the MD's during my couple weeks of using them. They probably are my favorite of the top 3 Monster earphones although the MD's are pretty ridiculously overpriced at their MSRP even more so than the Golds or Coppers. However warm mids is what defines the MD's and they are quite good.
MDs (and monsters in general) definitely need a good source or an amp. Otherwise in the case for the MDs, they'll be too warm imo, look into the T3D/T3 which paired pretty well with it in my experience.
I'll take the ones that came from me because (and it may or may not make a difference) I did careful burn in at low volumes using piano tracks with lots of range and frequency sweeps and gradually went up. I remember the previous pair I had being slightly less controlled than this one, which may be from burn-in but I don't guarantee anything in regards to this. If you're really interested you can see this thread for more info.
Rawster I definitely agree that they're way overpriced (even at low 200s), but that's how flagships tend to be unfortunately. And the SBs sure are a performer, another funny thing about them is that they don't seem to have a particular sound sig, the only iem I've tried that had this feature was the RE252.
Edited by Inks - 10/17/10 at 9:32am
+1! I had 5 pairs of the Vibe Duos (each replaced for free when the pair before it failed). Great warm sound, and very comfortable. After the 4th exchange though I just couldn't take the build problems any more and moved on to a search for the perfect solution. While they still work though - wow, great sound and comfort for the price.
Despite quality concerns, V-Moda Vibe. Warm, smooth, and lush are its trademarks. It also has good authority in note, and isn't too muddy and maintains a decent level of detail and separation. They do get ripped on some for quality control past the Ver. 1 though, but they do actually perform well and is genuinely enjoyable to listen to.
so what do you think mr. rawster, is the mds worth buying?
i am looking for the best mids out there with a really likeable warm signature.
my friend owns a hje900, do you think MDs can compete very well with them?
or is the hje900 that great that it can outrank the MDs?
This nearly year old thread stopped back on post #22 I'm not sure why you bumped it pinoyman.
Anywho, new adds:
-Fischer Audio Eterna (most fitting)
-Audio Technica CK90Pro
- Warm, smooth, lush IEM's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 4 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 5 minutes ago
- › HM-901 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN: HM650 9 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)