- 21,328 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productJVC HA-DX1000tagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sidegrade/upgrade - need closed cans Last post on 4/4/12 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Complement to the HD800 and LCD-2? Last post on 2/10/12 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review - Page 10post #136 of 1419/7/11 at 8:38amI believe they do, but only in Japan. They were never marketed officially in the US. They were for a while in Europe (with a slightly different part number). You can buy them today still in Japan, and can get them from import sites like Audiocubes. They have gotten expensive as the dollar has depreciated versus the Yen. When I bought mine in Tokyo about 5 years ago, they were $750 USD with the then-current exchange rate.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 1419/7/11 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Skylab
I believe they do, but only in Japan. They were never marketed officially in the US. They were for a while in Europe (with a slightly different part number). You can buy them today still in Japan, and can get them from import sites like Audiocubes. They have gotten expensive as the dollar has depreciated versus the Yen. When I bought mine in Tokyo about 5 years ago, they were $750 USD with the then-current exchange rate.
Thanx, I was just curious, there is no way I would pay $1149 for those.post #138 of 1419/7/11 at 10:13ampost #139 of 1419/8/11 at 5:37amThread StarterQuote:
Strangely enough, I would pay that outrageous price for the DX1000, if I didn't have them already (and knew how unique, and uniquely seductive, these phones are). And yes, I'll admit that I've been fighting the urge to buy a second pair, for safekeeping, for a long time. So far, however, I'm happy to report that sanity has prevailed -- but barely, I kid you not, barely!
Edited by Soundinista - 9/8/11 at 5:55ampost #140 of 1414/4/12 at 3:30ampost #141 of 14111/16/12 at 7:45pmQuote:
OMG SERIOUSLY, I loved the look of the D7k... but my GAWD the JVC Dx1000 is one SEXY BEAST!
Still though the reviews thread puts this one as a "preferance can" so weather this or the D7000 is better seems to be up to your own ears... still :D I love big WOOD CANS and man these are insance. And of ppl complain about them having distant treble... and to that I say LOOK HOW FAR AWAY FROM YOUR HEAD IT IS xD lol I OWN Xb700s... and them pads are BIG and the sound stage is nice and ofc the Treble is well distant... ;3 which isn't a big deal when your rocking some Dub Step
Still though... they looks so nice :D
So I read some reviews and wow'z :D I've always wondered what a ENd Game Bass HEAD can would be and well I think this would be it :D... and I hear that it's easily powered by a COWON J3... WHAT... which totally means... well ;3
Non the less I am a big fan of these :D an maybe some day I'll own em. Although I do have to say... 1000's are so great! Take the Sony MDR Xb 1000... that thing is HUGE and "discountiued" man I'd love to own both 1000 monsters lol and what do you know both are Japanese imports xD
Edited by Mshenay - 11/16/12 at 7:57pm
- JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › I have to be the biggest idiot. 2 minutes ago
- › First post and looking for advice 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)