- 21,337 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productJVC HA-DX1000tagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sidegrade/upgrade - need closed cans Last post on 4/4/12 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Complement to the HD800 and LCD-2? Last post on 2/10/12 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review - Page 10post #136 of 1419/7/11 at 8:38amI believe they do, but only in Japan. They were never marketed officially in the US. They were for a while in Europe (with a slightly different part number). You can buy them today still in Japan, and can get them from import sites like Audiocubes. They have gotten expensive as the dollar has depreciated versus the Yen. When I bought mine in Tokyo about 5 years ago, they were $750 USD with the then-current exchange rate.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 1419/7/11 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Skylab
I believe they do, but only in Japan. They were never marketed officially in the US. They were for a while in Europe (with a slightly different part number). You can buy them today still in Japan, and can get them from import sites like Audiocubes. They have gotten expensive as the dollar has depreciated versus the Yen. When I bought mine in Tokyo about 5 years ago, they were $750 USD with the then-current exchange rate.
Thanx, I was just curious, there is no way I would pay $1149 for those.post #138 of 1419/7/11 at 10:13ampost #139 of 1419/8/11 at 5:37amThread StarterQuote:
Strangely enough, I would pay that outrageous price for the DX1000, if I didn't have them already (and knew how unique, and uniquely seductive, these phones are). And yes, I'll admit that I've been fighting the urge to buy a second pair, for safekeeping, for a long time. So far, however, I'm happy to report that sanity has prevailed -- but barely, I kid you not, barely!
Edited by Soundinista - 9/8/11 at 5:55ampost #140 of 1414/4/12 at 3:30ampost #141 of 14111/16/12 at 7:45pmQuote:
OMG SERIOUSLY, I loved the look of the D7k... but my GAWD the JVC Dx1000 is one SEXY BEAST!
Still though the reviews thread puts this one as a "preferance can" so weather this or the D7000 is better seems to be up to your own ears... still :D I love big WOOD CANS and man these are insance. And of ppl complain about them having distant treble... and to that I say LOOK HOW FAR AWAY FROM YOUR HEAD IT IS xD lol I OWN Xb700s... and them pads are BIG and the sound stage is nice and ofc the Treble is well distant... ;3 which isn't a big deal when your rocking some Dub Step
Still though... they looks so nice :D
So I read some reviews and wow'z :D I've always wondered what a ENd Game Bass HEAD can would be and well I think this would be it :D... and I hear that it's easily powered by a COWON J3... WHAT... which totally means... well ;3
Non the less I am a big fan of these :D an maybe some day I'll own em. Although I do have to say... 1000's are so great! Take the Sony MDR Xb 1000... that thing is HUGE and "discountiued" man I'd love to own both 1000 monsters lol and what do you know both are Japanese imports xD
Edited by Mshenay - 11/16/12 at 7:57pm
- JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Does Dolby Headphone virtualize 7.1 or 5.1 ? 39 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Review, Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-400 3 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones with angled drivers 5 minutes ago
- › New guy, looking for suggestions sub $250 (Not your standard request) 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by hans030390
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)