- 21,615 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productJVC HA-DX1000tagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sidegrade/upgrade - need closed cans Last post on 4/4/12 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Complement to the HD800 and LCD-2? Last post on 2/10/12 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review - Page 10post #136 of 1419/7/11 at 8:38amI believe they do, but only in Japan. They were never marketed officially in the US. They were for a while in Europe (with a slightly different part number). You can buy them today still in Japan, and can get them from import sites like Audiocubes. They have gotten expensive as the dollar has depreciated versus the Yen. When I bought mine in Tokyo about 5 years ago, they were $750 USD with the then-current exchange rate.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 1419/7/11 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Skylab
I believe they do, but only in Japan. They were never marketed officially in the US. They were for a while in Europe (with a slightly different part number). You can buy them today still in Japan, and can get them from import sites like Audiocubes. They have gotten expensive as the dollar has depreciated versus the Yen. When I bought mine in Tokyo about 5 years ago, they were $750 USD with the then-current exchange rate.
Thanx, I was just curious, there is no way I would pay $1149 for those.post #138 of 1419/7/11 at 10:13ampost #139 of 1419/8/11 at 5:37amThread StarterQuote:
Strangely enough, I would pay that outrageous price for the DX1000, if I didn't have them already (and knew how unique, and uniquely seductive, these phones are). And yes, I'll admit that I've been fighting the urge to buy a second pair, for safekeeping, for a long time. So far, however, I'm happy to report that sanity has prevailed -- but barely, I kid you not, barely!
Edited by Soundinista - 9/8/11 at 5:55ampost #140 of 1414/4/12 at 3:30ampost #141 of 14111/16/12 at 7:45pmQuote:
OMG SERIOUSLY, I loved the look of the D7k... but my GAWD the JVC Dx1000 is one SEXY BEAST!
Still though the reviews thread puts this one as a "preferance can" so weather this or the D7000 is better seems to be up to your own ears... still :D I love big WOOD CANS and man these are insance. And of ppl complain about them having distant treble... and to that I say LOOK HOW FAR AWAY FROM YOUR HEAD IT IS xD lol I OWN Xb700s... and them pads are BIG and the sound stage is nice and ofc the Treble is well distant... ;3 which isn't a big deal when your rocking some Dub Step
Still though... they looks so nice :D
So I read some reviews and wow'z :D I've always wondered what a ENd Game Bass HEAD can would be and well I think this would be it :D... and I hear that it's easily powered by a COWON J3... WHAT... which totally means... well ;3
Non the less I am a big fan of these :D an maybe some day I'll own em. Although I do have to say... 1000's are so great! Take the Sony MDR Xb 1000... that thing is HUGE and "discountiued" man I'd love to own both 1000 monsters lol and what do you know both are Japanese imports xD
Edited by Mshenay - 11/16/12 at 7:57pm
- JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 46 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 48 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM tips? 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 7 minutes ago
- › The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion... 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › Need help to choose an IE 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3