- 21,214 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productJVC HA-DX1000tagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sidegrade/upgrade - need closed cans Last post on 4/4/12 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Complement to the HD800 and LCD-2? Last post on 2/10/12 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review - Page 10post #136 of 1419/7/11 at 8:38amI believe they do, but only in Japan. They were never marketed officially in the US. They were for a while in Europe (with a slightly different part number). You can buy them today still in Japan, and can get them from import sites like Audiocubes. They have gotten expensive as the dollar has depreciated versus the Yen. When I bought mine in Tokyo about 5 years ago, they were $750 USD with the then-current exchange rate.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 1419/7/11 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Skylab
I believe they do, but only in Japan. They were never marketed officially in the US. They were for a while in Europe (with a slightly different part number). You can buy them today still in Japan, and can get them from import sites like Audiocubes. They have gotten expensive as the dollar has depreciated versus the Yen. When I bought mine in Tokyo about 5 years ago, they were $750 USD with the then-current exchange rate.
Thanx, I was just curious, there is no way I would pay $1149 for those.post #138 of 1419/7/11 at 10:13ampost #139 of 1419/8/11 at 5:37amThread StarterQuote:
Strangely enough, I would pay that outrageous price for the DX1000, if I didn't have them already (and knew how unique, and uniquely seductive, these phones are). And yes, I'll admit that I've been fighting the urge to buy a second pair, for safekeeping, for a long time. So far, however, I'm happy to report that sanity has prevailed -- but barely, I kid you not, barely!
Edited by Soundinista - 9/8/11 at 5:55ampost #140 of 1414/4/12 at 3:30ampost #141 of 14111/16/12 at 7:45pmQuote:
OMG SERIOUSLY, I loved the look of the D7k... but my GAWD the JVC Dx1000 is one SEXY BEAST!
Still though the reviews thread puts this one as a "preferance can" so weather this or the D7000 is better seems to be up to your own ears... still :D I love big WOOD CANS and man these are insance. And of ppl complain about them having distant treble... and to that I say LOOK HOW FAR AWAY FROM YOUR HEAD IT IS xD lol I OWN Xb700s... and them pads are BIG and the sound stage is nice and ofc the Treble is well distant... ;3 which isn't a big deal when your rocking some Dub Step
Still though... they looks so nice :D
So I read some reviews and wow'z :D I've always wondered what a ENd Game Bass HEAD can would be and well I think this would be it :D... and I hear that it's easily powered by a COWON J3... WHAT... which totally means... well ;3
Non the less I am a big fan of these :D an maybe some day I'll own em. Although I do have to say... 1000's are so great! Take the Sony MDR Xb 1000... that thing is HUGE and "discountiued" man I'd love to own both 1000 monsters lol and what do you know both are Japanese imports xD
Edited by Mshenay - 11/16/12 at 7:57pm
- JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 1 minute ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DT 990 Pro vs DT 880 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 7 minutes ago
- › Matrix Quattro amp: unboxing and initial impressions 10 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 13 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob