- 6,265 Posts. Joined 10/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productJVC HA-DX1000tagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sidegrade/upgrade - need closed cans Last post on 4/4/12 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Complement to the HD800 and LCD-2? Last post on 2/10/12 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review - Page 9post #121 of 1412/9/10 at 1:43pmYou must accept wood colouration though
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1412/9/10 at 2:31pmpost #123 of 1412/9/10 at 2:43pmThanks Sky....
Oqvist, I would assume wood colouration would be good but it would probably be a personal preference thing like saxophone players choosing different material mouthpieces for their unique sounds.post #124 of 1412/9/10 at 3:14pm
Hopefully get my DX 1000 again tomorrow. I am all set on the transparent side of things so more after headphones that can give that little extra. Take you to another world then keep you grounded in the real onepost #125 of 1412/10/10 at 1:37pmQuote:What would you say are both cans strengths and weaknesses? I am trying to find out what makes the DX1000 edge out the D7000 with many around here. Is it just that "je ne sais quoi" that has to be heard rather than explained in words?
Just got my DX 1000 today and opening up with the Gladiator 2 soundtrack my stomach hurts, I find it hard to breath get all dizzy because the climaxes is just out of the world with this one.post #126 of 1412/10/10 at 2:00pmpost #127 of 1412/11/10 at 4:09pmpost #128 of 1412/11/10 at 4:45pmI was very happy with the first pair in the beginning as well so can´t promise anything.
First impressions are what they are and this really know how to make a first impression like no other headphone I have auditionedpost #129 of 1412/11/10 at 4:50pmpost #130 of 1412/11/10 at 6:46pmGreat thread, read all the posts. I am in a bit of dilemma, on one hand I am very sure that D7000 will fit me perfectly, since I love D5000 but on the other hand DX1000 has two times more isolation and that it very crucial for me, because only place I actually use headphones are in the office and not distracting colleges is crucial, but I still find buying DX1000 blindly bit risky, first concern is amplification. my D10 is perfect for D5000 so I imagine they will fit D7000 as well, second is the colorization and slightly less natural sound of DX1000.....post #131 of 1419/6/11 at 10:57ampost #132 of 1419/7/11 at 7:05amThread Starter
Telstar, fwiw, my love for the DX1000 is as strong as ever after all these years. I do notice how it's prettifying the material. But the sugarcoating is so judiciously restrained, so freaking brilliant...
post #133 of 1419/7/11 at 7:21ampost #134 of 1419/7/11 at 7:32am
- JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2190 Active Users (482 Members and 1708 Guests)
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 58 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Which amp for Beyerdynamic T90? 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for bookshelf Speaker and Amp combo under $1000 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 4 minutes ago
- › Is clicking/popping on dac normal? 4 minutes ago
- › Help me get amazing DAC with those properties please 5 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 8 minutes ago
- › PM-1 vs HE-6 ..... 8 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)