Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review - Page 9

post #121 of 141
You must accept wood colouration though
post #122 of 141
better than metal coloration
post #123 of 141
Thanks Sky....

Oqvist, I would assume wood colouration would be good but it would probably be a personal preference thing like saxophone players choosing different material mouthpieces for their unique sounds.
post #124 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdr529 View Post
better than metal coloration
Personal taste but any kind of colouration is bad if you want to forget you are wearing headphones. Should mention wood resonances since it was as much that. Got echoes from both the markl D5000 and DX 1000. DX 1000 had sounds bounching all over which was really cool at first.

Hopefully get my DX 1000 again tomorrow. I am all set on the transparent side of things so more after headphones that can give that little extra. Take you to another world then keep you grounded in the real one
post #125 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.khali View Post
What would you say are both cans strengths and weaknesses? I am trying to find out what makes the DX1000 edge out the D7000 with many around here. Is it just that "je ne sais quoi" that has to be heard rather than explained in words?
My guess is power!

Just got my DX 1000 today and opening up with the Gladiator 2 soundtrack my stomach hurts, I find it hard to breath get all dizzy because the climaxes is just out of the world with this one.
post #126 of 141
Sounds great! Man I wish I could listen to these before considering a purchase...
post #127 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
My guess is power!

Just got my DX 1000 today and opening up with the Gladiator 2 soundtrack my stomach hurts, I find it hard to breath get all dizzy because the climaxes is just out of the world with this one.
So I am assuming you are happy with them this time?
post #128 of 141
I was very happy with the first pair in the beginning as well so can´t promise anything.
First impressions are what they are and this really know how to make a first impression like no other headphone I have auditioned
post #129 of 141
Do try it with AV film/ concert - it works really well on that.
post #130 of 141
Great thread, read all the posts. I am in a bit of dilemma, on one hand I am very sure that D7000 will fit me perfectly, since I love D5000 but on the other hand DX1000 has two times more isolation and that it very crucial for me, because only place I actually use headphones are in the office and not distracting colleges is crucial, but I still find buying DX1000 blindly bit risky, first concern is amplification. my D10 is perfect for D5000 so I imagine they will fit D7000 as well, second is the colorization and slightly less natural sound of DX1000.....
post #131 of 141

resurrection ^^

post #132 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post

resurrection ^^


Telstar, fwiw, my love for the DX1000 is as strong as ever after all these years. wink.gif I do notice how it's prettifying the material. But the sugarcoating is so judiciously restrained, so freaking brilliant...

 

beerchug.gif
 

 

post #133 of 141
I still love them too. The D7000 are great cans, but I sold mine...I will never sell the DX1000 biggrin.gif
post #134 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

I still love them too. The D7000 are great cans, but I sold mine...I will never sell the DX1000 biggrin.gif



I will never sell my DX 1000 for a second time :D

 

post #135 of 141
Does JVC still market these?
Edited by Croozer - 9/7/11 at 8:21am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review