- 6,570 Posts. Joined 10/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productJVC HA-DX1000tagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sidegrade/upgrade - need closed cans Last post on 4/4/12 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Complement to the HD800 and LCD-2? Last post on 2/10/12 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review - Page 9post #121 of 1412/9/10 at 1:43pmYou must accept wood colouration though
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1412/9/10 at 2:31pmpost #123 of 1412/9/10 at 2:43pmThanks Sky....
Oqvist, I would assume wood colouration would be good but it would probably be a personal preference thing like saxophone players choosing different material mouthpieces for their unique sounds.post #124 of 1412/9/10 at 3:14pm
Hopefully get my DX 1000 again tomorrow. I am all set on the transparent side of things so more after headphones that can give that little extra. Take you to another world then keep you grounded in the real onepost #125 of 1412/10/10 at 1:37pmQuote:What would you say are both cans strengths and weaknesses? I am trying to find out what makes the DX1000 edge out the D7000 with many around here. Is it just that "je ne sais quoi" that has to be heard rather than explained in words?
Just got my DX 1000 today and opening up with the Gladiator 2 soundtrack my stomach hurts, I find it hard to breath get all dizzy because the climaxes is just out of the world with this one.post #126 of 1412/10/10 at 2:00pmpost #127 of 1412/11/10 at 4:09pmpost #128 of 1412/11/10 at 4:45pmI was very happy with the first pair in the beginning as well so can´t promise anything.
First impressions are what they are and this really know how to make a first impression like no other headphone I have auditionedpost #129 of 1412/11/10 at 4:50pmpost #130 of 1412/11/10 at 6:46pmGreat thread, read all the posts. I am in a bit of dilemma, on one hand I am very sure that D7000 will fit me perfectly, since I love D5000 but on the other hand DX1000 has two times more isolation and that it very crucial for me, because only place I actually use headphones are in the office and not distracting colleges is crucial, but I still find buying DX1000 blindly bit risky, first concern is amplification. my D10 is perfect for D5000 so I imagine they will fit D7000 as well, second is the colorization and slightly less natural sound of DX1000.....post #131 of 1419/6/11 at 10:57ampost #132 of 1419/7/11 at 7:05amThread Starter
Telstar, fwiw, my love for the DX1000 is as strong as ever after all these years. I do notice how it's prettifying the material. But the sugarcoating is so judiciously restrained, so freaking brilliant...
post #133 of 1419/7/11 at 7:21ampost #134 of 1419/7/11 at 7:32am
- JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Currently, there are 3581 Active Users (666 Members and 2915 Guests)
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 20 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 36 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › DEALING IN DOCUMENTARIES 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2