- 6,331 Posts. Joined 10/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productJVC HA-DX1000tagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sidegrade/upgrade - need closed cans Last post on 4/4/12 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Complement to the HD800 and LCD-2? Last post on 2/10/12 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review - Page 9post #121 of 1412/9/10 at 1:43pmYou must accept wood colouration though
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1412/9/10 at 2:31pmpost #123 of 1412/9/10 at 2:43pmThanks Sky....
Oqvist, I would assume wood colouration would be good but it would probably be a personal preference thing like saxophone players choosing different material mouthpieces for their unique sounds.post #124 of 1412/9/10 at 3:14pm
Hopefully get my DX 1000 again tomorrow. I am all set on the transparent side of things so more after headphones that can give that little extra. Take you to another world then keep you grounded in the real onepost #125 of 1412/10/10 at 1:37pmQuote:What would you say are both cans strengths and weaknesses? I am trying to find out what makes the DX1000 edge out the D7000 with many around here. Is it just that "je ne sais quoi" that has to be heard rather than explained in words?
Just got my DX 1000 today and opening up with the Gladiator 2 soundtrack my stomach hurts, I find it hard to breath get all dizzy because the climaxes is just out of the world with this one.post #126 of 1412/10/10 at 2:00pmpost #127 of 1412/11/10 at 4:09pmpost #128 of 1412/11/10 at 4:45pmI was very happy with the first pair in the beginning as well so can´t promise anything.
First impressions are what they are and this really know how to make a first impression like no other headphone I have auditionedpost #129 of 1412/11/10 at 4:50pmpost #130 of 1412/11/10 at 6:46pmGreat thread, read all the posts. I am in a bit of dilemma, on one hand I am very sure that D7000 will fit me perfectly, since I love D5000 but on the other hand DX1000 has two times more isolation and that it very crucial for me, because only place I actually use headphones are in the office and not distracting colleges is crucial, but I still find buying DX1000 blindly bit risky, first concern is amplification. my D10 is perfect for D5000 so I imagine they will fit D7000 as well, second is the colorization and slightly less natural sound of DX1000.....post #131 of 1419/6/11 at 10:57ampost #132 of 1419/7/11 at 7:05amThread Starter
Telstar, fwiw, my love for the DX1000 is as strong as ever after all these years. I do notice how it's prettifying the material. But the sugarcoating is so judiciously restrained, so freaking brilliant...
post #133 of 1419/7/11 at 7:21ampost #134 of 1419/7/11 at 7:32am
- JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Currently, there are 3045 Active Users (422 Members and 2623 Guests)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 (+a short RCA cable) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 6 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 6 minutes ago
- › Found my Westones 4 in the washer last night. Recommendations on an... 6 minutes ago
- › Possible alternative choice to Audeze LCD 2 8 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)