- 7,251 Posts. Joined 10/2004
- Location: Sweden
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productJVC HA-DX1000tagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sidegrade/upgrade - need closed cans Last post on 4/4/12 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Complement to the HD800 and LCD-2? Last post on 2/10/12 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review - Page 9post #121 of 1412/9/10 at 1:43pmYou must accept wood colouration though
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1412/9/10 at 2:31pmpost #123 of 1412/9/10 at 2:43pmThanks Sky....
Oqvist, I would assume wood colouration would be good but it would probably be a personal preference thing like saxophone players choosing different material mouthpieces for their unique sounds.post #124 of 1412/9/10 at 3:14pm
Hopefully get my DX 1000 again tomorrow. I am all set on the transparent side of things so more after headphones that can give that little extra. Take you to another world then keep you grounded in the real onepost #125 of 1412/10/10 at 1:37pmQuote:What would you say are both cans strengths and weaknesses? I am trying to find out what makes the DX1000 edge out the D7000 with many around here. Is it just that "je ne sais quoi" that has to be heard rather than explained in words?
Just got my DX 1000 today and opening up with the Gladiator 2 soundtrack my stomach hurts, I find it hard to breath get all dizzy because the climaxes is just out of the world with this one.post #126 of 1412/10/10 at 2:00pmpost #127 of 1412/11/10 at 4:09pmpost #128 of 1412/11/10 at 4:45pmI was very happy with the first pair in the beginning as well so can´t promise anything.
First impressions are what they are and this really know how to make a first impression like no other headphone I have auditionedpost #129 of 1412/11/10 at 4:50pmpost #130 of 1412/11/10 at 6:46pmGreat thread, read all the posts. I am in a bit of dilemma, on one hand I am very sure that D7000 will fit me perfectly, since I love D5000 but on the other hand DX1000 has two times more isolation and that it very crucial for me, because only place I actually use headphones are in the office and not distracting colleges is crucial, but I still find buying DX1000 blindly bit risky, first concern is amplification. my D10 is perfect for D5000 so I imagine they will fit D7000 as well, second is the colorization and slightly less natural sound of DX1000.....post #131 of 1419/6/11 at 10:57ampost #132 of 1419/7/11 at 7:05amThread Starter
Telstar, fwiw, my love for the DX1000 is as strong as ever after all these years. I do notice how it's prettifying the material. But the sugarcoating is so judiciously restrained, so freaking brilliant...
post #133 of 1419/7/11 at 7:21ampost #134 of 1419/7/11 at 7:32am
- JVC DX1000 vs. Denon D7000: a mini-review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Currently, there are 2685 Active Users (478 Members and 2207 Guests)
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Show 2 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Toslink crackling, USB vs toslink, & motherboard interference? 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 11 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 13 minutes ago
- › PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread 13 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 13 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 13 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...