New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Really, Apple? (iTunes) - Page 3

post #31 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
I love iTunes because of its interface w/ iPods and iPhones. Plus it is very intuitive and thus easy to use.

As far as music I prefer to purchase the CD and rip it into iTunes using Apple Lossless.

I agree. I'm to the point where complicated things don't seem worth it if there is a simple alternative. iTunes/Mac/iPod work so well together there is no reason for me to choose something that would be more difficult. Apple lossless sounds great and it's easy to also have 256 AAC files on the computer for lower capacity iPods. The line out docks for iPods produce quite good sound with an amp when portability is more important than the best sound. The Touch is fascinating, fun, and it has even more potential than we've seen so far. What other media player can you say that about?

Cheers,

Mooch
post #32 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fi'er View Post
Mark2410, you must be easily manipulated. These people's point is that if there is no customer feed back then no one will improve or do anything about it. People need to voice themselves to not let companies that are in the "business" to give YOU the "business", meaning you get the short end of the stick. That is why there are updates and new models for many products out there. If you are foolish enough to buy something and don't ever expect the company to update or make revisions you are the one who is really losing out. Apple makes enough money to provide better quality and host higher bitrates, they just don't want to cause of the storage space. If enough people make a point of this it may change, if you keep quiet, they will do what they think is according to the public feed back.

Think about it.
well if i want a product that does x y z then i buy one that has those features, i dont buy one that doesnt then complain that it doesnt. once the company has your money they dont really care what you think. i dont get how you think that my buying products that do what i want mean i am being manipulated.

i rather think its those that are duped into buying things that dont do what they want that are being manipulated, "oooh its shiny and people on tv told me to buy it"
post #33 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbaker View Post
I think most people don't buy albums because most people are only into 'hit' songs. They buy the popular songs and don't bother with the unpopular songs. Also I don't think that people really care about lossless as long as it's above 200kbps. Everybody I know complains about 128 but then seems to think that above 200 it's the same as lossless. haha.

Anyway Apple is removing DRM and upping quality to 256 so that should make you happier.
I don't know, when i talk about bit rate to anybody that i know their eyes get all glossed over, then they write off my opinion as something weird audiophile, picky, maybe OCD. If anything they might say "well other people really don't care about that as long as they can hear the music."
post #34 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
well if i want a product that does x y z then i buy one that has those features, i dont buy one that doesnt then complain that it doesnt. once the company has your money they dont really care what you think. i dont get how you think that my buying products that do what i want mean i am being manipulated.

i rather think its those that are duped into buying things that dont do what they want that are being manipulated, "oooh its shiny and people on tv told me to buy it"
If a company made a new product, which they have, and the company gets feed back, which they have, you think they are not responsible to do anything? You think their reply is "we don't care go buy another product?". There are many companies that rely off customer feed back and or change/update/revise their products. Let me think of some examples;

Oh, Apple comes to mind. How many versions and updates have there been of IPODS? How much of that do you think was customer feed back? None? Incorrect. Much of it was customer feed back. That was one of the reasons the iTouch does not use a hard drive anymore. Not just because of the technology and it's pretty, but the fact most people had issues had bad battery life. Apple listened.

Apple didn't make the new products cause they don't care what customers think, they in part made/revised/improved them from different factors and one of them is customer feed back.

Another example, when Saturn released their first car into public and later found there were overheating issues with the car by customers complaining, a recall was issued. But according to you, they should have been told by Saturn "well too bad you get what you pay for!" or "we have your money and don't really care what you think" well no, there was a recall and the issue was addressed.

When I say you are easily manipulated, what I mean is that you would be a person that would of kept the first roll out of the Saturn and sit there and say, "O well I got what I paid for."; that is sad, you just got manipulated.
post #35 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fi'er View Post
If a company made a new product, which they have, and the company gets feed back, which they have, you think they are not responsible to do anything? You think their reply is "we don't care go buy another product?". There are many companies that rely off customer feed back and or change/update/revise their products. Let me think of some examples;

Oh, Apple comes to mind. How many versions and updates have there been of IPODS? How much of that do you think was customer feed back? None? Incorrect. Much of it was customer feed back. That was one of the reasons the iTouch does not use a hard drive anymore. Not just because of the technology and it's pretty, but the fact most people had issues had bad battery life. Apple listened.

Apple didn't make the new products cause they don't care what customers think, they in part made/revised/improved them from different factors and one of them is customer feed back.

Another example, when Saturn released their first car into public and later found there were overheating issues with the car by customers complaining, a recall was issued. But according to you, they should have been told by Saturn "well too bad you get what you pay for!" or "we have your money and don't really care what you think" well no, there was a recall and the issue was addressed.

When I say you are easily manipulated, what I mean is that you would be a person that would of kept the first roll out of the Saturn and sit there and say, "O well I got what I paid for."; that is sad, you just got manipulated.
Sorry but I gotta call you on this one Hi_Fier. I personally love Apple products and use them everyday but they are one of the worst when it comes to consumer influence. They very rarely take into account feedback, for example the 17 & 20 inch iMacs screens, the MBP casing, iphone cut and paste, voice dialing, bluetooth headphone support, and the MB TN panel come to mind right off the top.
The saturn example isn't really a valid since we are talking two very different things. One a luxury option (higher bitrate tracks) and the other, a basic functioning of a auto which would eventually lead to a class action lawsuit due to faulty design. Companies do this all the time the cost analysis of doing a recall vs. just having a known problem. In the saturn case they either decided the possible lawsuits were too great, or possible damage to the car name. Considering this was their first car not addressing something as basic as a overheating issue could of killed the badge and got it labeled just another GM junk car. In iTunes case its not something Apple has to worry about, they have a strong corner on this part of the market with superb integration with the ipod.
By all means though go to their website and make suggestions though, and I say their website for a reason. I highly doubt they visit this site.
post #36 of 64
I remember when they didn't even offer Led Zeppelin! I was so happy when they did get it! Course that was before.......
post #37 of 64
errm no it would be more like buying a car with 2 doors and then complaining there arent 4 doors

apple only are only interested in bringing features if they think they can make some money from it. how long have people been moaning about no cut and paste, no mms and no bluetooth for anything usefull. if apple wanted to fix them they would but suckers will buy them regardless so why bother. if everone just said no, i like some things but it dosent do x y z if it did i would buy it, im sure apple would get them sorted quick smart
post #38 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
errm no it would be more like buying a car with 2 doors and then complaining there arent 4 doors
Exactly!
Why buy it in the first place if you don't like it?
post #39 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmathis View Post
Exactly!
Why buy it in the first place if you don't like it?
While I agree with this too, you need to tell them why your not supporting their product if its due to a specific missing feature if you hope for any change to occur. IMHO its not likely they will listen specifically with apple but its worth a shot!
post #40 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael415 View Post
Sorry but I gotta call you on this one Hi_Fier. I personally love Apple products and use them everyday but they are one of the worst when it comes to consumer influence. They very rarely take into account feedback, for example the 17 & 20 inch iMacs screens, the MBP casing, iphone cut and paste, voice dialing, bluetooth headphone support, and the MB TN panel come to mind right off the top.
The saturn example isn't really a valid since we are talking two very different things. One a luxury option (higher bitrate tracks) and the other, a basic functioning of a auto which would eventually lead to a class action lawsuit due to faulty design. Companies do this all the time the cost analysis of doing a recall vs. just having a known problem. In the saturn case they either decided the possible lawsuits were too great, or possible damage to the car name. Considering this was their first car not addressing something as basic as a overheating issue could of killed the badge and got it labeled just another GM junk car. In iTunes case its not something Apple has to worry about, they have a strong corner on this part of the market with superb integration with the ipod.
By all means though go to their website and make suggestions though, and I say their website for a reason. I highly doubt they visit this site.
I can't agree with your logic. If today no one would buy ANY Apple products, none whatsoever not even a .99 song, do you really think Apple would say "ok we have your money who cares?" No. They would try to find out why people are not interested in purchasing their products. Not every company is out to "get you." Some just don't' handle it better than others but why should they care when no one says anything?

I have been around many companies and even have worked in many companies where the company depends on customer feed back to improve their products over their competitor or even keep the competitors out of the market all together. Apple has not been able to hold the whole market from day one with computers. IBM and PC clones have a larger market than Apple.

I wonder why Apple created the ability to allow PC software to run on a MAC? It was not because they decided they wanted to, it was because they HAD to after all the years people gave feed back they were getting from customers at trade shows etc, was they didn't like or want a MAC cause they can't run any of their PC apps on it. Apple listened. Today you can't say that anymore. So if you really think no one cares and people are just out to "get you" that is not always the case as you see. Unless you can prove me wrong, no one company is simply "in the business" to "get you" even though it may appear that way. Do make logical purchases, but saying that people should not buy a product since the company does not care etc, is a bitter and negative outlook.
post #41 of 64
Apple established that there's a market for electronic songs. That it's not just all about stealing music. Apple established that there's a real market for DAPs, not just a few nerds. Do other people do things that appeal to subsets of the market? Of course. There's a reason why apple is dominant in these markets.
post #42 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael415 View Post
While I agree with this too, you need to tell them why your not supporting their product if its due to a specific missing feature if you hope for any change to occur. IMHO its not likely they will listen specifically with apple but its worth a shot!
Sure, and I have done so at least once and hope the rest of you do as well.
Apple - iTunes - Request Music

Apple wont hear you complaining here at Head-Fi!
post #43 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmathis View Post
Sure, and I have done so at least once and hope the rest of you do as well.
Apple - iTunes - Request Music

Apple wont hear you complaining here at Head-Fi!
Correct!
post #44 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fi'er View Post
I can't agree with your logic. If today no one would buy ANY Apple products, none whatsoever not even a .99 song, do you really think Apple would say "ok we have your money who cares?" No. They would try to find out why people are not interested in purchasing their products. Not every company is out to "get you." Some just don't' handle it better than others but why should they care when no one says anything?



I have been around many companies and even have worked in many companies where the company depends on customer feed back to improve their products over their competitor or even keep the competitors out of the market all together. Apple has not been able to hold the whole market from day one with computers. IBM and PC clones have a larger market than Apple.


I wonder why Apple created the ability to allow PC software to run on a MAC? It was not because they decided they wanted to, it was because they HAD to after all the years people gave feed back they were getting from customers at trade shows etc, was they didn't like or want a MAC cause they can't run any of their PC apps on it. Apple listened. Today you can't say that anymore. So if you really think no one cares and people are just out to "get you" that is not always the case as you see.

I am not sure how you have come to the conclusion nobody would buy apple products? A vast majority of people that buy an ipod think a 128k sounds just fine. I never said they said okay we have your money and doesn't care now. The point is people are interested in their products exactly as they are and as far as music downloading they dominate the market. You have to decide if the product shortcomings are enough to live with or not. Personally any shortcomings so far aren't enough to keep me away from the pluses.As far as out to "get you" no idea what your talking about here to be honest. Nobody is hiding what the songs are encoded at and all the products they make are fairly clear stated on what your getting.
Okay but not really relevant here is it that apple holds less a maket share? What does apple computers having a smaller market share have anything to do with customer feedback? If anything this only proves the point more that apple listens much less than a typical company since they refuse to make many of the changes that ppl have grumbled about for years such as not making an option for a higher quality 17/20 inch screen in the iMac.

Or how about the fact that Apple was painfully aware they are not widely accepted as a business platform and allowing their systems to run business based programs opens up a whole new market to them. This was a economic decision and a wise one. If they had not made this move I would not be typing this on my companies MBP. Same situation applies to the iphone, look at the updates that were done (push email comes to mind). They were done to attempt and make the iphone compete directly with the blackberry for business users.
Again this "out to get me" no idea where your getting this from, Apple is a company that makes decisions to include and exclude features based on revenue. Nowhere did I say they are out to get me, they are a company, nothing more, nothing less. They aren't bait and switching anything, you know what your getting upfront. I personally enjoy apple products, but I also want it to be clear if your getting an apple product thinking you write into them to change something and they will you probably will be wasting your time and frustrated.
post #45 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fi'er View Post
I can't agree with your logic. If today no one would buy ANY Apple products, none whatsoever not even a .99 song, do you really think Apple would say "ok we have your money who cares?" No. They would try to find out why people are not interested in purchasing their products. Not every company is out to "get you." Some just don't' handle it better than others but why should they care when no one says anything?

I have been around many companies and even have worked in many companies where the company depends on customer feed back to improve their products over their competitor or even keep the competitors out of the market all together. Apple has not been able to hold the whole market from day one with computers. IBM and PC clones have a larger market than Apple.

I wonder why Apple created the ability to allow PC software to run on a MAC? It was not because they decided they wanted to, it was because they HAD to after all the years people gave feed back they were getting from customers at trade shows etc, was they didn't like or want a MAC cause they can't run any of their PC apps on it. Apple listened. Today you can't say that anymore. So if you really think no one cares and people are just out to "get you" that is not always the case as you see. Unless you can prove me wrong, no one company is simply "in the business" to "get you" even though it may appear that way. Do make logical purchases, but saying that people should not buy a product since the company does not care etc, is a bitter and negative outlook.
oh im not saying apple is doing anything bad, companys exist to make money, what annoys me is the people who buy apple stuff (especially the jesus phone) and then go on endlessly whineing about the features it doesnt have, that then knew it didint have yet they bought it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: