New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Really, Apple? (iTunes)

post #1 of 64
Thread Starter 
So,

I bought that whole iTunes complete Led Zeppelin maybe a year ago. I just got my Grado SR80s and noticed that it didn't sound so great. So I looked at the bitrate. 128kb/s. Thanks, Apple.
post #2 of 64
Stick with CDs. But i'm willing to bet it is a poor recording. I find it hard to tell if something is encoded at a low bitrate unless i have a high bitrate version to compare it to.
post #3 of 64
Apple has updated most of it's library to 256K, so you may be able to update to the higher quality version. The catch is, you'd have to pay extra for the upgrades.

BTW, Redsox FTW!!
post #4 of 64
Buts thats AAC so its a bit better than mp3 at the same bitrate.
post #5 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Sox View Post
So,

I bought that whole iTunes complete Led Zeppelin maybe a year ago. I just got my Grado SR80s and noticed that it didn't sound so great. So I looked at the bitrate. 128kb/s. Thanks, Apple.
He he
Thats why most of us stay clear of iTunes Store, and its not exactly hard to find out what bitrate they provide before buying.
post #6 of 64
All my Led Zep CDs sound like crap too.
post #7 of 64
Apple strikes again. I was backing up my library the other day and deleted some music I purchased from Apple like you did. Not much good to me now. They are such maggots.
post #8 of 64
Don't see why you blame Apple.
Ok, of course we would like them to offer Apple Lossless for downloads. But in the end its all up to YOU if you want to buy from them or not. If you don't like their offers/terms, spend your money elsewhere.
post #9 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmathis View Post
Don't see why you blame Apple.
Ok, of course we would like them to offer Apple Lossless for downloads. But in the end its all up to YOU if you want to buy from them or not. If you don't like their offers/terms, spend your money elsewhere.
Ignorance can only be bliss for so long.
post #10 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmathis View Post
Don't see why you blame Apple.
Ok, of course we would like them to offer Apple Lossless for downloads. But in the end its all up to YOU if you want to buy from them or not. If you don't like their offers/terms, spend your money elsewhere.

utterly agree, cant stand these fools who buy the iphone then whine about it not having x y z feature, so why the hell did you buy it if it doesnt do what you wanted it to!!!!!

"i'll buy anything if its made by apple and shiny"

urgh
post #11 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmathis View Post
He he
Thats why most of us stay clear of iTunes Store, and its not exactly hard to find out what bitrate they provide before buying.

But but but! You get free high quality album art!
post #12 of 64
Led Zeppelin stuff are not really known for SQ so you wouldn't see a huge jump in SQ anyway. If you really want, you can upgrade your album in itunes. I just saw that they are offering all the Led Zeppelin stuffs in itunes plus format so you should be able to upgrade them to higher quality for about $2 - $3.
post #13 of 64
Don't get iTunes. Common sense ftw.
post #14 of 64
It won't be as bad once they start offering lossless formats.
post #15 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogbox View Post
It won't be as bad once they start offering lossless formats.
So true!
Its bound to come one day, but who knows when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: