Noted with thanks, Billerb1
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ok, amp! Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Talk me out of buying a WA2 Last post on 10/8/10 at 4:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WES stock v. maxxed Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations Last post on Yesterday at 1:09 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
The Woo Audio 2 - Page 66post #976 of 14224/9/14 at 6:04pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #977 of 14224/11/14 at 7:14amQuote:Originally Posted by billerb1
D, what cans are you using?
I really like the RFT EZ80's for what I listen for thru Beyerdynamic re-cabled T1's.
But they tend a little toward the forward, bright side. You might see if you can find
any Great Britain made Brimar EZ80's. More instrument timbre to me and a bit darker than
the RFT's but without losing detail. Hard to find but a great tube for me.
I haven't run the 7236's in mine...always the 5998's. One of the 6AS7A's will take the edge off
the treble for you I would think...but at the price of maybe getting some of that muffled sound back.
I'm using HD800. Anybody else?post #978 of 14224/11/14 at 9:36amI use HD-800s. I found a couple solutions to the 7-10 KHz spike: Philips Miniwatt EZ81s definitely help with sibilance, but retain extended highs; the second isn't a tube, but an IC: the Silnote Morpheus Reference II. The EZ81s sell for $50 each at Upscale Audio, the ICs for $170 on Audiogon. The Morpheus cables are well balanced and have a truly gorgeous midrange, as well as extended highs. You'll get all of the detail, but none of the treble harshness.post #979 of 14224/11/14 at 9:41ampost #980 of 14224/11/14 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Chesterfield
I use HD-800s. I found a couple solutions to the 7-10 KHz spike: Philips Miniwatt EZ81s definitely help with sibilance, but retain extended highs; the second isn't a tube, but an IC: the Silnote Morpheus Reference II. The EZ81s sell for $50 each at Upscale Audio, the ICs for $170 on Audiogon. The Morpheus cables are well balanced and have a truly gorgeous midrange, as well as extended highs. You'll get all of the detail, but none of the treble harshness.
+1 on the Morpheus Reference II. I got one on Chesterfield's recommendation and wouldn't be without it now. Great upgrade to my ears and did help with the sibilance with my T1's.post #981 of 14225/29/14 at 8:39am
I've listed 4 NOS pairs of great and very hard-to-find EZ80 and EZ81 rectifiers for the WA2 on the For Sale Forum if anyone's looking. All low hours and perfect working order. They're all listed in the Philips Miniwatt Sittard post.
(Philips Miniwatt Sittard, Brimar and Valvo)
Edited by billerb1 - 5/29/14 at 1:05pmpost #982 of 14225/29/14 at 3:50pmpost #983 of 14225/29/14 at 4:14pmpost #984 of 14225/30/14 at 4:58pmpost #985 of 14226/1/14 at 10:04am
I use the Brimar EZ80 (one of the best); have some Valvo and the Brimar are way above in performance.post #986 of 14226/2/14 at 11:44amQuote:
Thanks. Do you happen to know a reliable source for the Brimars?post #987 of 14226/6/14 at 3:03pmpost #988 of 14226/6/14 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by ru4music
Sorry, I don't at the moment. Sometimes they're labeled as GE, you'll just need to do your homework. I purchased two NOS pairs from http://www.vacuumtubesinc.com/ you can check with them etc.
Thanks. I just received some from a forum member. Great tubes no doubt!post #989 of 14226/11/14 at 10:00pm
I've tried a number of well regarded rectifiers on the WA2. The Philips Miniwatt EZ81s are my favorites by a pretty wide margin.post #990 of 14226/11/14 at 10:29pmQuote:
Cool! Have you tried the Brimar EZ80 and which Rects. with tube combo have tried?
- The Woo Audio 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 35 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 5 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA 8 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 10 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 10 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...