Noted with thanks, Billerb1
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ok, amp! Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Talk me out of buying a WA2 Last post on 10/8/10 at 4:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WES stock v. maxxed Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations Last post on Today at 8:28 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
The Woo Audio 2 - Page 66post #976 of 12464/9/14 at 6:04pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #977 of 12464/11/14 at 7:14amQuote:Originally Posted by billerb1
D, what cans are you using?
I really like the RFT EZ80's for what I listen for thru Beyerdynamic re-cabled T1's.
But they tend a little toward the forward, bright side. You might see if you can find
any Great Britain made Brimar EZ80's. More instrument timbre to me and a bit darker than
the RFT's but without losing detail. Hard to find but a great tube for me.
I haven't run the 7236's in mine...always the 5998's. One of the 6AS7A's will take the edge off
the treble for you I would think...but at the price of maybe getting some of that muffled sound back.
I'm using HD800. Anybody else?post #978 of 12464/11/14 at 9:36amI use HD-800s. I found a couple solutions to the 7-10 KHz spike: Philips Miniwatt EZ81s definitely help with sibilance, but retain extended highs; the second isn't a tube, but an IC: the Silnote Morpheus Reference II. The EZ81s sell for $50 each at Upscale Audio, the ICs for $170 on Audiogon. The Morpheus cables are well balanced and have a truly gorgeous midrange, as well as extended highs. You'll get all of the detail, but none of the treble harshness.post #979 of 12464/11/14 at 9:41ampost #980 of 12464/11/14 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Chesterfield
I use HD-800s. I found a couple solutions to the 7-10 KHz spike: Philips Miniwatt EZ81s definitely help with sibilance, but retain extended highs; the second isn't a tube, but an IC: the Silnote Morpheus Reference II. The EZ81s sell for $50 each at Upscale Audio, the ICs for $170 on Audiogon. The Morpheus cables are well balanced and have a truly gorgeous midrange, as well as extended highs. You'll get all of the detail, but none of the treble harshness.
+1 on the Morpheus Reference II. I got one on Chesterfield's recommendation and wouldn't be without it now. Great upgrade to my ears and did help with the sibilance with my T1's.post #981 of 12465/29/14 at 8:39am
I've listed 4 NOS pairs of great and very hard-to-find EZ80 and EZ81 rectifiers for the WA2 on the For Sale Forum if anyone's looking. All low hours and perfect working order. They're all listed in the Philips Miniwatt Sittard post.
(Philips Miniwatt Sittard, Brimar and Valvo)
Edited by billerb1 - 5/29/14 at 1:05pmpost #982 of 12465/29/14 at 3:50pmpost #983 of 12465/29/14 at 4:14pmpost #984 of 12465/30/14 at 4:58pmpost #985 of 12466/1/14 at 10:04am
I use the Brimar EZ80 (one of the best); have some Valvo and the Brimar are way above in performance.post #986 of 12466/2/14 at 11:44amQuote:
Thanks. Do you happen to know a reliable source for the Brimars?post #987 of 12466/6/14 at 3:03pmpost #988 of 12466/6/14 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by ru4music
Sorry, I don't at the moment. Sometimes they're labeled as GE, you'll just need to do your homework. I purchased two NOS pairs from http://www.vacuumtubesinc.com/ you can check with them etc.
Thanks. I just received some from a forum member. Great tubes no doubt!post #989 of 12466/11/14 at 10:00pm
I've tried a number of well regarded rectifiers on the WA2. The Philips Miniwatt EZ81s are my favorites by a pretty wide margin.post #990 of 12466/11/14 at 10:29pmQuote:
Cool! Have you tried the Brimar EZ80 and which Rects. with tube combo have tried?
- The Woo Audio 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 58 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › KGSS-HV Electrostatic Amplifier with RK50 pot! (500V/Off-board) 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 9 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2