Noted with thanks, Billerb1
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ok, amp! Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Talk me out of buying a WA2 Last post on 10/8/10 at 4:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WES stock v. maxxed Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations Last post on 3/16/17 at 2:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Introduction/Disclaimer: I would like to thank Denise with Mixcder for the opportunity to review the X5 in ear monitor headphones. They provided me a free sample in exchange for my honest...
First thing you think of when you see this is, can this really project sound in 360 degrees, When you look at it, you wouldn't think it could. But yes it does, Sound is projected from...
Acknowledgment Thank you Lear for providing this review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. This review may also be viewed on my blog, here. List Price: $65 at time of review plus...
The Woo Audio 2 - Page 66post #976 of 14414/9/14 at 6:04pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #977 of 14414/11/14 at 7:14amQuote:Originally Posted by billerb1
D, what cans are you using?
I really like the RFT EZ80's for what I listen for thru Beyerdynamic re-cabled T1's.
But they tend a little toward the forward, bright side. You might see if you can find
any Great Britain made Brimar EZ80's. More instrument timbre to me and a bit darker than
the RFT's but without losing detail. Hard to find but a great tube for me.
I haven't run the 7236's in mine...always the 5998's. One of the 6AS7A's will take the edge off
the treble for you I would think...but at the price of maybe getting some of that muffled sound back.
I'm using HD800. Anybody else?post #978 of 14414/11/14 at 9:36amI use HD-800s. I found a couple solutions to the 7-10 KHz spike: Philips Miniwatt EZ81s definitely help with sibilance, but retain extended highs; the second isn't a tube, but an IC: the Silnote Morpheus Reference II. The EZ81s sell for $50 each at Upscale Audio, the ICs for $170 on Audiogon. The Morpheus cables are well balanced and have a truly gorgeous midrange, as well as extended highs. You'll get all of the detail, but none of the treble harshness.post #979 of 14414/11/14 at 9:41ampost #980 of 14414/11/14 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Chesterfield
I use HD-800s. I found a couple solutions to the 7-10 KHz spike: Philips Miniwatt EZ81s definitely help with sibilance, but retain extended highs; the second isn't a tube, but an IC: the Silnote Morpheus Reference II. The EZ81s sell for $50 each at Upscale Audio, the ICs for $170 on Audiogon. The Morpheus cables are well balanced and have a truly gorgeous midrange, as well as extended highs. You'll get all of the detail, but none of the treble harshness.
+1 on the Morpheus Reference II. I got one on Chesterfield's recommendation and wouldn't be without it now. Great upgrade to my ears and did help with the sibilance with my T1's.post #981 of 14415/29/14 at 8:39am
I've listed 4 NOS pairs of great and very hard-to-find EZ80 and EZ81 rectifiers for the WA2 on the For Sale Forum if anyone's looking. All low hours and perfect working order. They're all listed in the Philips Miniwatt Sittard post.
(Philips Miniwatt Sittard, Brimar and Valvo)
Edited by billerb1 - 5/29/14 at 1:05pmpost #982 of 14415/29/14 at 3:50pmpost #983 of 14415/29/14 at 4:14pmpost #984 of 14415/30/14 at 4:58pmpost #985 of 14416/1/14 at 10:04am
I use the Brimar EZ80 (one of the best); have some Valvo and the Brimar are way above in performance.post #986 of 14416/2/14 at 11:44amQuote:
Thanks. Do you happen to know a reliable source for the Brimars?post #987 of 14416/6/14 at 3:03pmpost #988 of 14416/6/14 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by ru4music
Sorry, I don't at the moment. Sometimes they're labeled as GE, you'll just need to do your homework. I purchased two NOS pairs from http://www.vacuumtubesinc.com/ you can check with them etc.
Thanks. I just received some from a forum member. Great tubes no doubt!post #989 of 14416/11/14 at 10:00pm
I've tried a number of well regarded rectifiers on the WA2. The Philips Miniwatt EZ81s are my favorites by a pretty wide margin.post #990 of 14416/11/14 at 10:29pmQuote:
Cool! Have you tried the Brimar EZ80 and which Rects. with tube combo have tried?
- The Woo Audio 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 14 seconds ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 32 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 53 seconds ago
- › 64 Audio A18 Tzar (TM) Impressions Thread (Impressions, Reviews,... 2 minutes ago
- › Legally Downloadable Binaural recordings links 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › What computer speakers to get? 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Layman1
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by B9Scrambler
- › Meze 99 Neo by ryanjsoo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear