Noted with thanks, Billerb1
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ok, amp! Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Talk me out of buying a WA2 Last post on 10/8/10 at 4:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WES stock v. maxxed Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations Last post on 6/19/16 at 8:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
The Woo Audio 2 - Page 66post #976 of 14224/9/14 at 6:04pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #977 of 14224/11/14 at 7:14amQuote:Originally Posted by billerb1
D, what cans are you using?
I really like the RFT EZ80's for what I listen for thru Beyerdynamic re-cabled T1's.
But they tend a little toward the forward, bright side. You might see if you can find
any Great Britain made Brimar EZ80's. More instrument timbre to me and a bit darker than
the RFT's but without losing detail. Hard to find but a great tube for me.
I haven't run the 7236's in mine...always the 5998's. One of the 6AS7A's will take the edge off
the treble for you I would think...but at the price of maybe getting some of that muffled sound back.
I'm using HD800. Anybody else?post #978 of 14224/11/14 at 9:36amI use HD-800s. I found a couple solutions to the 7-10 KHz spike: Philips Miniwatt EZ81s definitely help with sibilance, but retain extended highs; the second isn't a tube, but an IC: the Silnote Morpheus Reference II. The EZ81s sell for $50 each at Upscale Audio, the ICs for $170 on Audiogon. The Morpheus cables are well balanced and have a truly gorgeous midrange, as well as extended highs. You'll get all of the detail, but none of the treble harshness.post #979 of 14224/11/14 at 9:41ampost #980 of 14224/11/14 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Chesterfield
I use HD-800s. I found a couple solutions to the 7-10 KHz spike: Philips Miniwatt EZ81s definitely help with sibilance, but retain extended highs; the second isn't a tube, but an IC: the Silnote Morpheus Reference II. The EZ81s sell for $50 each at Upscale Audio, the ICs for $170 on Audiogon. The Morpheus cables are well balanced and have a truly gorgeous midrange, as well as extended highs. You'll get all of the detail, but none of the treble harshness.
+1 on the Morpheus Reference II. I got one on Chesterfield's recommendation and wouldn't be without it now. Great upgrade to my ears and did help with the sibilance with my T1's.post #981 of 14225/29/14 at 8:39am
I've listed 4 NOS pairs of great and very hard-to-find EZ80 and EZ81 rectifiers for the WA2 on the For Sale Forum if anyone's looking. All low hours and perfect working order. They're all listed in the Philips Miniwatt Sittard post.
(Philips Miniwatt Sittard, Brimar and Valvo)
Edited by billerb1 - 5/29/14 at 1:05pmpost #982 of 14225/29/14 at 3:50pmpost #983 of 14225/29/14 at 4:14pmpost #984 of 14225/30/14 at 4:58pmpost #985 of 14226/1/14 at 10:04am
I use the Brimar EZ80 (one of the best); have some Valvo and the Brimar are way above in performance.post #986 of 14226/2/14 at 11:44amQuote:
Thanks. Do you happen to know a reliable source for the Brimars?post #987 of 14226/6/14 at 3:03pmpost #988 of 14226/6/14 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by ru4music
Sorry, I don't at the moment. Sometimes they're labeled as GE, you'll just need to do your homework. I purchased two NOS pairs from http://www.vacuumtubesinc.com/ you can check with them etc.
Thanks. I just received some from a forum member. Great tubes no doubt!post #989 of 14226/11/14 at 10:00pm
I've tried a number of well regarded rectifiers on the WA2. The Philips Miniwatt EZ81s are my favorites by a pretty wide margin.post #990 of 14226/11/14 at 10:29pmQuote:
Cool! Have you tried the Brimar EZ80 and which Rects. with tube combo have tried?
- The Woo Audio 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 34 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › FS | Odyssey Audio "Cyclops Extreme" Integrated w various cables!! 7 minutes ago
- › TTVJ Flat Pad test original vs deluxe 8 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...