Noted with thanks, Billerb1
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ok, amp! Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Talk me out of buying a WA2 Last post on 10/8/10 at 4:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WES stock v. maxxed Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations Last post on Yesterday at 11:56 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
The Woo Audio 2 - Page 66post #976 of 14234/9/14 at 6:04pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #977 of 14234/11/14 at 7:14amQuote:Originally Posted by billerb1
D, what cans are you using?
I really like the RFT EZ80's for what I listen for thru Beyerdynamic re-cabled T1's.
But they tend a little toward the forward, bright side. You might see if you can find
any Great Britain made Brimar EZ80's. More instrument timbre to me and a bit darker than
the RFT's but without losing detail. Hard to find but a great tube for me.
I haven't run the 7236's in mine...always the 5998's. One of the 6AS7A's will take the edge off
the treble for you I would think...but at the price of maybe getting some of that muffled sound back.
I'm using HD800. Anybody else?post #978 of 14234/11/14 at 9:36amI use HD-800s. I found a couple solutions to the 7-10 KHz spike: Philips Miniwatt EZ81s definitely help with sibilance, but retain extended highs; the second isn't a tube, but an IC: the Silnote Morpheus Reference II. The EZ81s sell for $50 each at Upscale Audio, the ICs for $170 on Audiogon. The Morpheus cables are well balanced and have a truly gorgeous midrange, as well as extended highs. You'll get all of the detail, but none of the treble harshness.post #979 of 14234/11/14 at 9:41ampost #980 of 14234/11/14 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Chesterfield
I use HD-800s. I found a couple solutions to the 7-10 KHz spike: Philips Miniwatt EZ81s definitely help with sibilance, but retain extended highs; the second isn't a tube, but an IC: the Silnote Morpheus Reference II. The EZ81s sell for $50 each at Upscale Audio, the ICs for $170 on Audiogon. The Morpheus cables are well balanced and have a truly gorgeous midrange, as well as extended highs. You'll get all of the detail, but none of the treble harshness.
+1 on the Morpheus Reference II. I got one on Chesterfield's recommendation and wouldn't be without it now. Great upgrade to my ears and did help with the sibilance with my T1's.post #981 of 14235/29/14 at 8:39am
I've listed 4 NOS pairs of great and very hard-to-find EZ80 and EZ81 rectifiers for the WA2 on the For Sale Forum if anyone's looking. All low hours and perfect working order. They're all listed in the Philips Miniwatt Sittard post.
(Philips Miniwatt Sittard, Brimar and Valvo)
Edited by billerb1 - 5/29/14 at 1:05pmpost #982 of 14235/29/14 at 3:50pmpost #983 of 14235/29/14 at 4:14pmpost #984 of 14235/30/14 at 4:58pmpost #985 of 14236/1/14 at 10:04am
I use the Brimar EZ80 (one of the best); have some Valvo and the Brimar are way above in performance.post #986 of 14236/2/14 at 11:44amQuote:
Thanks. Do you happen to know a reliable source for the Brimars?post #987 of 14236/6/14 at 3:03pmpost #988 of 14236/6/14 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by ru4music
Sorry, I don't at the moment. Sometimes they're labeled as GE, you'll just need to do your homework. I purchased two NOS pairs from http://www.vacuumtubesinc.com/ you can check with them etc.
Thanks. I just received some from a forum member. Great tubes no doubt!post #989 of 14236/11/14 at 10:00pm
I've tried a number of well regarded rectifiers on the WA2. The Philips Miniwatt EZ81s are my favorites by a pretty wide margin.post #990 of 14236/11/14 at 10:29pmQuote:
Cool! Have you tried the Brimar EZ80 and which Rects. with tube combo have tried?
- The Woo Audio 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Want to Control Speakers/Sub and Headphones Through Separate Volume... 21 seconds ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 48 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › FS: Linum Super BaX MMCX 3.5mm TRS Limited Edition 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Red Wine Audio RWAK 380 Amp 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a $300-500 cable, first time buying a cable 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Talk me into buying Fidelio x2's and maybe a new dac 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...