Fischer Audio FA-011 was my first purchase from Head-Fi recommendations. Back then I owned 1 pair of IEMs. Now I've spent way too much on this hobby and I won't be stopping any time soon.
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 58post #856 of 87310/5/13 at 9:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 87310/5/13 at 2:06pmpost #858 of 87310/5/13 at 3:04pmpost #859 of 87310/5/13 at 3:54pmpost #860 of 87310/6/13 at 4:14pmQuote:What about a DAC?? Nice setup BTW!Originally Posted by Andolink
First purchase was a Beyerdynamic DT-880 250 ohm sold as "like new" from amazon marketplace. I returned it almost immediately due to a defective earpad and decided to go with an HE-500 from HiFiMan. My first amp was a little Pro-Ject Head Box bought from Crutchfield which lasted about 3 weeks before I decided to return it and upgrade to an Audio-gd NFB 6 to go fully balanced. Only other purchase I've made since then is an 4-pin XLR terminated Norse Audio Skuld 2 to replace the stock HiFiMan cable. And that's my current rig and I'm perfectly happy with it and foresee no upgrades in the future.post #861 of 87310/6/13 at 7:51pm
My first purchase was a Sennheiser Momentum... though I found head-fi when searching for info about the Momentum, so I don't know if it really counts. A few weeks after I bought an HD598 because I got curious with this "open heapdhone" thing...post #862 of 87310/6/13 at 8:00pm
i found this site by accident. i was looking for high end iems, and the only ones that I could find on amazon were shures and westones. while doing a google search, i came across David's great flagship thread. I soon bought some westone 4s, and soon after that, I bought some sennheiser hd600spost #863 of 87310/6/13 at 10:36pm
Don't need a DAC with the Audiolab 8200 (see my signature)--it's all in one using the 32-bit ESS Sabre chip for D/A conversion. And thanks, I agree it is nice.post #864 of 87310/7/13 at 1:37ampost #865 of 87310/7/13 at 3:01ampost #866 of 87310/12/13 at 9:58pm
My first purchase was a Koss Portapro for travelling. Grados are not suitable for the Streets of Seattle. Much better build quality and durability than the Skullcandy phones that fell apart after ten months of gentle usage.post #867 of 87310/12/13 at 10:05pmpost #868 of 87310/13/13 at 12:18ampost #869 of 87310/13/13 at 2:35am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 13 seconds ago
- › This auction should be interesting.... 41 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 1 minute ago
- › New Headphones Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi and FiiO e12 viable? 4 minutes ago
- › Black Sabbath on HDTracks 5 minutes ago
- › IEM around $200-300 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Esoteric K-01 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)