Fischer Audio FA-011 was my first purchase from Head-Fi recommendations. Back then I owned 1 pair of IEMs. Now I've spent way too much on this hobby and I won't be stopping any time soon.
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 58post #856 of 91110/5/13 at 9:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 91110/5/13 at 2:06pmpost #858 of 91110/5/13 at 3:04pmpost #859 of 91110/5/13 at 3:54pmpost #860 of 91110/6/13 at 4:14pmQuote:What about a DAC?? Nice setup BTW!Originally Posted by Andolink
First purchase was a Beyerdynamic DT-880 250 ohm sold as "like new" from amazon marketplace. I returned it almost immediately due to a defective earpad and decided to go with an HE-500 from HiFiMan. My first amp was a little Pro-Ject Head Box bought from Crutchfield which lasted about 3 weeks before I decided to return it and upgrade to an Audio-gd NFB 6 to go fully balanced. Only other purchase I've made since then is an 4-pin XLR terminated Norse Audio Skuld 2 to replace the stock HiFiMan cable. And that's my current rig and I'm perfectly happy with it and foresee no upgrades in the future.post #861 of 91110/6/13 at 7:51pm
My first purchase was a Sennheiser Momentum... though I found head-fi when searching for info about the Momentum, so I don't know if it really counts. A few weeks after I bought an HD598 because I got curious with this "open heapdhone" thing...post #862 of 91110/6/13 at 8:00pm
i found this site by accident. i was looking for high end iems, and the only ones that I could find on amazon were shures and westones. while doing a google search, i came across David's great flagship thread. I soon bought some westone 4s, and soon after that, I bought some sennheiser hd600spost #863 of 91110/6/13 at 10:36pm
Don't need a DAC with the Audiolab 8200 (see my signature)--it's all in one using the 32-bit ESS Sabre chip for D/A conversion. And thanks, I agree it is nice.post #864 of 91110/7/13 at 1:37ampost #865 of 91110/7/13 at 3:01ampost #866 of 91110/12/13 at 9:58pm
My first purchase was a Koss Portapro for travelling. Grados are not suitable for the Streets of Seattle. Much better build quality and durability than the Skullcandy phones that fell apart after ten months of gentle usage.post #867 of 91110/12/13 at 10:05pmpost #868 of 91110/13/13 at 12:18ampost #869 of 91110/13/13 at 2:35am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Disappointed in the "audiophile" community... 40 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Bluetooth Comparison (Bose, Plantronics, Beats, Philips,... 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 6 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)