Fischer Audio FA-011 was my first purchase from Head-Fi recommendations. Back then I owned 1 pair of IEMs. Now I've spent way too much on this hobby and I won't be stopping any time soon.
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 58post #856 of 89010/5/13 at 9:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 89010/5/13 at 2:06pmpost #858 of 89010/5/13 at 3:04pmpost #859 of 89010/5/13 at 3:54pmpost #860 of 89010/6/13 at 4:14pmQuote:What about a DAC?? Nice setup BTW!Originally Posted by Andolink
First purchase was a Beyerdynamic DT-880 250 ohm sold as "like new" from amazon marketplace. I returned it almost immediately due to a defective earpad and decided to go with an HE-500 from HiFiMan. My first amp was a little Pro-Ject Head Box bought from Crutchfield which lasted about 3 weeks before I decided to return it and upgrade to an Audio-gd NFB 6 to go fully balanced. Only other purchase I've made since then is an 4-pin XLR terminated Norse Audio Skuld 2 to replace the stock HiFiMan cable. And that's my current rig and I'm perfectly happy with it and foresee no upgrades in the future.post #861 of 89010/6/13 at 7:51pm
My first purchase was a Sennheiser Momentum... though I found head-fi when searching for info about the Momentum, so I don't know if it really counts. A few weeks after I bought an HD598 because I got curious with this "open heapdhone" thing...post #862 of 89010/6/13 at 8:00pm
i found this site by accident. i was looking for high end iems, and the only ones that I could find on amazon were shures and westones. while doing a google search, i came across David's great flagship thread. I soon bought some westone 4s, and soon after that, I bought some sennheiser hd600spost #863 of 89010/6/13 at 10:36pm
Don't need a DAC with the Audiolab 8200 (see my signature)--it's all in one using the 32-bit ESS Sabre chip for D/A conversion. And thanks, I agree it is nice.post #864 of 89010/7/13 at 1:37ampost #865 of 89010/7/13 at 3:01ampost #866 of 89010/12/13 at 9:58pm
My first purchase was a Koss Portapro for travelling. Grados are not suitable for the Streets of Seattle. Much better build quality and durability than the Skullcandy phones that fell apart after ten months of gentle usage.post #867 of 89010/12/13 at 10:05pmpost #868 of 89010/13/13 at 12:18ampost #869 of 89010/13/13 at 2:35am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread just now
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 49 seconds ago
- › M-Audio AV40 - still a good buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Will 47 ohm Headphones be okay with an ipod? 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sonic Frontiers SFD-1 MK II DAC WANTED 5 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)