Fischer Audio FA-011 was my first purchase from Head-Fi recommendations. Back then I owned 1 pair of IEMs. Now I've spent way too much on this hobby and I won't be stopping any time soon.
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 58post #856 of 91110/5/13 at 9:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 91110/5/13 at 2:06pmpost #858 of 91110/5/13 at 3:04pmpost #859 of 91110/5/13 at 3:54pmpost #860 of 91110/6/13 at 4:14pmQuote:What about a DAC?? Nice setup BTW!Originally Posted by Andolink
First purchase was a Beyerdynamic DT-880 250 ohm sold as "like new" from amazon marketplace. I returned it almost immediately due to a defective earpad and decided to go with an HE-500 from HiFiMan. My first amp was a little Pro-Ject Head Box bought from Crutchfield which lasted about 3 weeks before I decided to return it and upgrade to an Audio-gd NFB 6 to go fully balanced. Only other purchase I've made since then is an 4-pin XLR terminated Norse Audio Skuld 2 to replace the stock HiFiMan cable. And that's my current rig and I'm perfectly happy with it and foresee no upgrades in the future.post #861 of 91110/6/13 at 7:51pm
My first purchase was a Sennheiser Momentum... though I found head-fi when searching for info about the Momentum, so I don't know if it really counts. A few weeks after I bought an HD598 because I got curious with this "open heapdhone" thing...post #862 of 91110/6/13 at 8:00pm
i found this site by accident. i was looking for high end iems, and the only ones that I could find on amazon were shures and westones. while doing a google search, i came across David's great flagship thread. I soon bought some westone 4s, and soon after that, I bought some sennheiser hd600spost #863 of 91110/6/13 at 10:36pm
Don't need a DAC with the Audiolab 8200 (see my signature)--it's all in one using the 32-bit ESS Sabre chip for D/A conversion. And thanks, I agree it is nice.post #864 of 91110/7/13 at 1:37ampost #865 of 91110/7/13 at 3:01ampost #866 of 91110/12/13 at 9:58pm
My first purchase was a Koss Portapro for travelling. Grados are not suitable for the Streets of Seattle. Much better build quality and durability than the Skullcandy phones that fell apart after ten months of gentle usage.post #867 of 91110/12/13 at 10:05pmpost #868 of 91110/13/13 at 12:18ampost #869 of 91110/13/13 at 2:35am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › HD800 Stock Cable 1 minute ago
- › [$100]After 6 years looking to upgrade my Sony XB500's to something... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 6 minutes ago
- › Ficher Audio FA-003 | Brainwavz HM5 | Lindy Premium Hi-Fi... 6 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2