- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 3/12/16 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 56post #826 of 9118/4/13 at 4:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #827 of 9118/4/13 at 4:48pmpost #828 of 9118/4/13 at 5:00pmpost #829 of 9118/4/13 at 10:09pmpost #830 of 9118/4/13 at 10:40pmA pair of grado sr225i, I bought after reading many reviews here and demo them localy, I demoed them on a Saturday and a pair of sr325i and liked the fact the 325 had more bass but the highs where almost painful I told the sales guy I would probably be back the next day to buy one of the two, I went back that Sunday and bought the sr225i, I never knew headphones could sound that good until nowpost #831 of 9118/8/13 at 7:33ampost #832 of 9118/8/13 at 7:53ampost #833 of 9118/8/13 at 10:09ampost #834 of 9118/8/13 at 10:36amI definitely prefer the he-400. The bass extension is great and the highs are awesome, though there can be sibilance especially with a neutral amp. The Mad dogs feel "boxed in" by comparison which I think is a combination of it being Semi closed and the highs are not nearly as prominent. They are a very mid focused HP in my opinion.post #835 of 9118/8/13 at 10:40ampost #836 of 9118/10/13 at 4:50am
AKG Q701, an excellent headphone, still one of my favourites.
First amp/DAC are getting on Head Fi was the iBasso D12.
Recently I upgraded to the Stax SR-2170 system. And I do mean UPGRADE!post #837 of 9118/10/13 at 5:00am
I bought a Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm to use while recording and mixing, but it was when I bought a used AKG K271 studio that I found Head-fi google'ing for reviews on the AKG K271.
Since I registered I ordered a Somic MH489 that should be on it's way now. But the purchase was no directly related to this site. I stumbleb upon it while looking for Takstar headphones on Aliexpress.
The Takstar I was checking out because of the Takstar thread on this forum though
post #838 of 9118/10/13 at 6:39ampost #839 of 9119/24/13 at 10:18pmpost #840 of 91110/4/13 at 10:21am
iI had bought a pair of Beats Pro just as a temporary buy while I looked into what headphones I wanted to invest in, as well as to try them out. Around the time I had found head-fi and was looking into a good first buy. I had heard of V-Moda before I found head-fi so that was the first thing I looked into. And surprisingly it was right around the time where the M-100 was getting super hyped from pre-orders. So I waited a bit and got the M-100s. I really enjoy them and find it was probably the best first buy I could have done.
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Headphone Impedance
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 45 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread 49 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 56 seconds ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 4 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear