- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 56post #826 of 8738/4/13 at 4:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #827 of 8738/4/13 at 4:48pmpost #828 of 8738/4/13 at 5:00pmpost #829 of 8738/4/13 at 10:09pmpost #830 of 8738/4/13 at 10:40pmA pair of grado sr225i, I bought after reading many reviews here and demo them localy, I demoed them on a Saturday and a pair of sr325i and liked the fact the 325 had more bass but the highs where almost painful I told the sales guy I would probably be back the next day to buy one of the two, I went back that Sunday and bought the sr225i, I never knew headphones could sound that good until nowpost #831 of 8738/8/13 at 7:33ampost #832 of 8738/8/13 at 7:53ampost #833 of 8738/8/13 at 10:09ampost #834 of 8738/8/13 at 10:36amI definitely prefer the he-400. The bass extension is great and the highs are awesome, though there can be sibilance especially with a neutral amp. The Mad dogs feel "boxed in" by comparison which I think is a combination of it being Semi closed and the highs are not nearly as prominent. They are a very mid focused HP in my opinion.post #835 of 8738/8/13 at 10:40ampost #836 of 8738/10/13 at 4:50am
AKG Q701, an excellent headphone, still one of my favourites.
First amp/DAC are getting on Head Fi was the iBasso D12.
Recently I upgraded to the Stax SR-2170 system. And I do mean UPGRADE!post #837 of 8738/10/13 at 5:00am
I bought a Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm to use while recording and mixing, but it was when I bought a used AKG K271 studio that I found Head-fi google'ing for reviews on the AKG K271.
Since I registered I ordered a Somic MH489 that should be on it's way now. But the purchase was no directly related to this site. I stumbleb upon it while looking for Takstar headphones on Aliexpress.
The Takstar I was checking out because of the Takstar thread on this forum though
post #838 of 8738/10/13 at 6:39ampost #839 of 8739/24/13 at 10:18pmpost #840 of 87310/4/13 at 10:21am
iI had bought a pair of Beats Pro just as a temporary buy while I looked into what headphones I wanted to invest in, as well as to try them out. Around the time I had found head-fi and was looking into a good first buy. I had heard of V-Moda before I found head-fi so that was the first thing I looked into. And surprisingly it was right around the time where the M-100 was getting super hyped from pre-orders. So I waited a bit and got the M-100s. I really enjoy them and find it was probably the best first buy I could have done.
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 second ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 seconds ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 16 seconds ago
- › Black Dragon Mini Coax for Hifiman 48 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Beginner would like over ear headphones to go with FiiO E10K (and... 2 minutes ago
- › The All-New WA7 Fireflies from Woo Audio 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)