Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 49

post #721 of 873
K701
post #722 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Lol. You should have read reviews on C5 before buying them. B&W makes good speakers, but not headphones or iems.

Actually I read tons of reviews, but they were from Amazon and B&W. Thats what got me to look for an objective headphone forum which led to head-fi and an audiophile obsession that shows no sign of fading.
post #723 of 873

Hi Folks,

 

I'm a newbie to Head-Fi.

 

I stumbled on Head-Fi when I was looking for a "portable amplifier for iPod". My ears were getting tired listening to the cheap Apple EarPods/earphones. Didn't realize there was a whole industry for portable audio gear. (Kinda strange that the Apple store doesn't carry any portable amps, but they sell various non-Apple headphones).

 

My first headphones was the Grado SR125.

 
 

 

post #724 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgthe4th View Post


Actually I read tons of reviews, but they were from Amazon and B&W. Thats what got me to look for an objective headphone forum which led to head-fi and an audiophile obsession that shows no sign of fading.

That happens a lot. Scam! Any ways, head-fi is not totally objective at times, but at least it's more objective than amazon.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthomas View Post

Hi Folks,

 

I'm a newbie to Head-Fi.

 

I stumbled on Head-Fi when I was looking for a "portable amplifier for iPod". My ears were getting tired listening to the cheap Apple EarPods/earphones. Didn't realize there was a whole industry for portable audio gear. (Kinda strange that the Apple store doesn't carry any portable amps, but they sell various non-Apple headphones).

 

My first headphones was the Grado SR125.

 
 

 

How did you come across portable amp before joining head-fi? I never knew such thing existed before joining head-fi.

post #725 of 873

I ran into Head-Fi by way of looking at reviews at Innerfidelity (and listening to Tyll's Youtube videos). I started ripping my Vinyl and CD collection to my desktop, and I knew that I'd need better headphones if I wanted to enjoy the improvement in quality. After coming to this site, I picked up a Sennheiser HD439 for $40.00 on BestBuy clearance and did the tape mod. It was definitely worth it. 

 

Since then, I've picked up a (very, very, very cheap, $25.00) set of Soul SL150s...and subsequently got tired of them. Then I picked up a pair of Sennheiser Momentums, which I love because I have Smurf ears that fit the cups. Then, I picked up a pair of Koss TBSE's, which were subsequently regifted to my Father-in-Law. Most recently, I've picked up a set of VMODA M-80s for on the go. 

 

I haven't been here a month yet. My music sounds much better; my wallet is much lighter. 

post #726 of 873

My first after reading the board for a time was the Grado ps500 just awesome cans..

post #727 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

That happens a lot. Scam! Any ways, head-fi is not totally objective at times, but at least it's more objective than amazon.

 

How did you come across portable amp before joining head-fi? I never knew such thing existed before joining head-fi.

 

I was just Googling and Head-Fi came up first. So I begun reading the various forums in Head-Fi.

post #728 of 873

Fostex TH900 and ATH W1000X oh man reading Head-fi really kill my wallet

post #729 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by D K A View Post

Fostex TH900 and ATH W1000X oh man reading Head-fi really kill my wallet

Sounds like you just dove in haha.

 

My first purchase after a week on head-fi was the adidas hd25-1ii, maan were those fun portable 'phones

post #730 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

Sounds like you just dove in haha.

 

My first purchase after a week on head-fi was the adidas hd25-1ii, maan were those fun portable 'phones


Yea, cause i before join head-fi i already have momentum and mdr-1r, so i decided to take the w1000x and th 900 so i hope i'm not buying headphone anymore, well that can't work cause there're an ortho and open cans..

HD 25-1ii is great cans but i don't get good fit with it.

post #731 of 873

My journey into higher end audio started back in January, from a pair of Bose ie2s. They were becoming old so I started doing some research into headphones. Really I think all I did was google best pair of headphones. Then head-fi was there, and I was astonished by all the knowledge. After reading for a good 2, 3 weeks I was going to buy a pair of Audio Technica ath-m50s, but got a pair of Beyerdynamic dt770s for the same price. At the same time I ordered a fiio e11. A couple months later, I ordered the Heir Audio 3.ai for portable use. Few weeks ago I ordered a Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC, and now a pair of HD650s. All in all I've spent over a thousand on this and it hasn't been very long! Regardless I have acquired unbelievable amounts of knowledge and am very grateful for it. Thank you head-fi, sorry bank!

 

Ya, simply it was the Beyerdynamic dt770 pro (250 ohm)

post #732 of 873

I remember the first purchase I made was a used HD558 on eBay after browsing head-fi on the topic of the HD558 vs HD598. I still enjoy listening to music on it from time to time.

 

I also bought the ATH-A700X beforehand due to a review on CNET I read about the ATH-A700 - this began my journey into hifi. 

post #733 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthem View Post
I've spent about 1.5k on audio... as a student that's more than I spend on anything else.

I'm sure when Im a student, all my money will be going int ocamera gear... Ill hopefull have a good enough headphone rig in two years to hold me over biggrin.gif Right now Im looking forward to graduating my SR80is to RS180s tomorrow.

post #734 of 873

Shortly after I started lurking here:  HD600.

post #735 of 873

AKG Q701

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?