- 23 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 3/12/16 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i bought it this buletooth headphone 1 week ago. when i received it, i found it's very weightless, i think it's about half an ounce weight. about the performace, it can play 7 hours or more, the...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 47post #691 of 9116/27/13 at 10:09pmStarted with an ath-m50 and I absolutely hated them. Returned them and picked up some dt-880 600 ohms and an e10 DAC/amp. Those lasted me a bit, but you know how it goes from there...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 9116/27/13 at 10:24pm
I came here because I had been using the Triple Fi 10 for almost 3 years. Got tired of stuffing foam into my ears so I needed a headphone.
BTW before this I had the DT-990 and AKG K701 but only had a portable amp(!).
Anyway, the first headphone I bought was the Shure SRH-840. After maybe 6 months I got tired of the discomfort and side-graded to the M50. I wasn't a fan of it's recessed mids (had the old version) so I ended up with the DJ100 and K240 Studio.
Biggest mistake I ever made was waiting to get a really good desktop amp. I skipped that for the longest time.
The first setup was an HD-600 and Asgard. Sounded good but I found out the mids of the HD-600 were not doing it for me. Switched to the K601 and K702 and always hated it with the Asgard1 so I switched to the Micro Amp and have been addicted to the AKG sound ever since.
I think most of my money has been spent trying to find the perfect setup for the HD-650 and K702/Q701.
One thing i've learned is that for me it's easy to not like a specific headphone on the wrong amp. Maybe i'm too picky really?
I'm glad to say that I have no plans on getting more headphones. I might get a Bifrost since I'm a huge fan of my Modi. Maybe they'll be quite similar?
Oh yeah...actually before the SRH-840 I bought the gold SR-325i. It brings back bad memories. I hated it so much that I sold it immediately. The latest one seems to be a bit better but I prefer the SR-225i. Never liked the SR-80 much.post #693 of 9116/28/13 at 2:22pm
I've lurked here for quite a long time. Actually only joined a couple of weeks ago. The first serious headphone I purchased was a
Denon D2000. I just recently gave that to my son, and bought an Audioengine D1 for him. Now he is hooked. I then moved up to a Denon D7000, which I love very much. If the house were burning, I'd grab them. Two days ago I received my Hifiman HE-500. It is still breaking in but so far I'm very pleased. Will have to grab those too if the house is burning. Currently I am powering those with a Headroom Desktop Amp. It seems to work well with the both of them. Was staying away from tubes as I don't think they would pair too well with the D7000. I know this isn't the thread to ask, but any suggestions as to something that people would think would be a good pairing for both the D7000 and the HE-500, I'm open. Just don't want to go backwards from where I'm at now.
post #694 of 9116/28/13 at 3:23pmi started out with a Sony MDR-ZX100 with unknown intention. Besides having this little spark of interest in headphones.
Then i got Skullcandy Uprocks (pre-tetsuro) which wasnt an educated purchase.
I really got a pair of Sennheiser HD201's and a Sony MDR-XB500 after Headfi.
but i would say Headfi helped me seek out and purchase a Koss Portapro, my Grado Sr80i, and now my Sony MDR-V6post #695 of 9116/30/13 at 8:51am
First purchase after reading the threads here for the first time was the DT 1350, followed shortly thereafter by the HD600. Though opinions vary greatly about reviewed equipment, I find it still the best source of feedback when trying to buy something you have never tested yourself. It's amazing how few cities really have brick and mortar stores that carry portable, desktop, and headphone equipment of any notable selection. Wonder if there is a niche there for the entrepreneur? Or are we all just an exclusive minority?post #696 of 9116/30/13 at 8:54ampost #697 of 9116/30/13 at 9:24ampost #698 of 9116/30/13 at 9:54amSony MDR-V6. Nothing else at its price seemed to offer what I was seeking. I am very happy with them. Then again I did no comparison shopping and haven't listened to anything else since acquiring these (other than the four stereo setups in the house). Their sound reminds me of my Infinity Interlude speakers.post #699 of 9116/30/13 at 10:08ampost #700 of 9116/30/13 at 6:10pm
Koss Portapro for night listening and listening while traveling or during dental procedures. Light, easy on the ears, clear headphone that seems to be pretty balanced, good imaging, with the right amount of isolation.post #701 of 9116/30/13 at 7:08pm
Yuin PK3 earbuds. Don't even remember the specific impetus to researching those at the time, but I'd looked around Head-Fi a bit before that. Used to be active on the old AV123 forum, and was (and arguably still am) a speaker guy. No idea how much gear I've bought since then, but it's easily been in the dozens of units and more money than I'd like to think about. Didn't have any real headphones to speak of before that-- bought a pair of Ultimate Ears (don't remember which model) at some point before that as a gift, and looked on HF for info, but the PK3 was my first just-for-me purchase.
I've now gifted the PK3 to my mom, who has since regifted them to my uncle, and I've spread the horrible sickness of HF-itis to my mom and my sister... And I'm still trying to figure out what I could sell to connive my way into an end-game Stax setup ;)post #702 of 9117/1/13 at 8:32amQuote:
Lol. Spreading head-fi! I did that to my mom through Ety MC5. I also tried to convince my dad that headphones are not always inferior to speakers, but even after trying HD598, V6, and SRH940, he's convinced that all the headphones sound the same as the Bose OE I gave him two years back.post #703 of 9117/1/13 at 8:34am
I bought a pair of Ultrasone HFI-780's after reading review of the 680's on techpowerup.com
I then found head-fi after seeking some amplifier recommendations, the rest is history.post #704 of 9117/1/13 at 9:20pm
I had a HD25-1 before coming to head-fi, after which I bought a HD 598. And tried a DT770 (sent it back though).
Then a Shure SRH840 appeared out of nowhere, and after that I was where I am today.
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Recommendation: Amp, Dac or Soundcard for my akg q701 (Competetive... 1 minute ago
- › FS: BNIB Noble K10u - Pics inside 1 minute ago
- › Chapter 5 - Getting It Wrong 1 minute ago
- › Dragonfly Black on KitKat 4.4.2 2 minutes ago
- › (AUS) Auralic Taurus MKII 2 minutes ago
- › SE215 vs RHA MA750 vs T10 2 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 3 minutes ago
- › best earphones under 50$ to 100$ 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Hunter Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Sports 4.1 Bluetooth Headset... by Shobin Wang
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...