Grado 60s and Hifiman RE0. First taste of what music *could* sound like.
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 3/12/16 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I first started with the ath a900x which i fell in love with. Recently they broke, and i did not have the money to purchases them again or the newer model. So i took a chance and got the a550z, for...
-Introduction- RHA is an interesting company. It has forged its own place within the audiophile world, making a name for itself based on the industrial design language of its products and the...
Welcome to the review of wireless + Wired High resolution in ear monitors Advanced Model 3. Disclaimer: This headphones were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 45post #661 of 9116/23/13 at 10:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 9116/23/13 at 10:30ampost #663 of 9116/23/13 at 10:56ampost #664 of 9116/23/13 at 1:01pmpost #665 of 9116/23/13 at 1:04pmpost #666 of 9116/24/13 at 12:38am
After a period of indecision I bought Denon Ah-D2000's, Senn HD600, Matrix M-Stage and a pair of Senn HD429 to replace some very cheap Sony's for when I'm in situations where I don't want to use expensive phones.
I love the HD600's, but not sure about the Denon's, which I may sell soon.
This Head-Fi stuff is a disease that never stops. Despite having some of the best headphones in the world (I also have AKG K701, Sony MDR-V6 and Sony MDR-Z1000 (which I also may sell), I still want to hear more 'phones and amps. Never satisfied I guess.post #667 of 9116/24/13 at 2:48am
Before joining head-fi , I collected some earbuds & IEMs and the last one bought (and the most expensive) was a Sennheiser CX-200...
After joining I bought a ATH M-50, a huge jump in price but was not dissapointed at all.
Also thanks head-fi, for putting a huge gaping hole in my wallet!post #668 of 9116/24/13 at 3:44am
It's several £100s of pounds ago now, but the first pair I bought after regularly reading the forum was my Alessandro MS1i ... first after joining was probably my D2Ks I think.
Edited by sinnottj - 6/24/13 at 3:46ampost #669 of 9116/24/13 at 5:27ampost #670 of 9116/24/13 at 9:39am
The good ol' ATH-M50s. I used them for a couple years and have gone on an upgrade spree over the past year trying to figure out exactly what I like in a sound signature. Finally settled on the GR07 BE and DT770. Thanks for all the reviews head-fi-erspost #671 of 9116/24/13 at 9:45ampost #672 of 9116/24/13 at 8:43pmI got Sennheiser HD 238s, then a Fiio E7 dac/amp to make the output of my ipad better. Then I moved to HD558s then an Aune T1 hybrid dac/amp (with various tubes, currently Amperex JAN 7308). I knew nothing about headphones (or high fi!) now I'm thinking about HD 650s. This site is dangerous!post #673 of 9116/24/13 at 9:07pmpost #674 of 9116/25/13 at 12:19am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MHDT Labs: R-2R NOS Tube DACs 15 seconds ago
- › Wired Headphones is Dead the future is wireless 37 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 53 seconds ago
- › the frustrations of buying a new computer sound system. 1 minute ago
- › JRiver Sound 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 7 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 7 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 8 minutes ago
- › Does a better quality USB cable influence sound? 9 minutes ago
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...