Grado 60s and Hifiman RE0. First taste of what music *could* sound like.
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 45post #661 of 8736/23/13 at 10:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 8736/23/13 at 10:30ampost #663 of 8736/23/13 at 10:56ampost #664 of 8736/23/13 at 1:01pmpost #665 of 8736/23/13 at 1:04pmpost #666 of 8736/24/13 at 12:38am
After a period of indecision I bought Denon Ah-D2000's, Senn HD600, Matrix M-Stage and a pair of Senn HD429 to replace some very cheap Sony's for when I'm in situations where I don't want to use expensive phones.
I love the HD600's, but not sure about the Denon's, which I may sell soon.
This Head-Fi stuff is a disease that never stops. Despite having some of the best headphones in the world (I also have AKG K701, Sony MDR-V6 and Sony MDR-Z1000 (which I also may sell), I still want to hear more 'phones and amps. Never satisfied I guess.post #667 of 8736/24/13 at 2:48am
Before joining head-fi , I collected some earbuds & IEMs and the last one bought (and the most expensive) was a Sennheiser CX-200...
After joining I bought a ATH M-50, a huge jump in price but was not dissapointed at all.
Also thanks head-fi, for putting a huge gaping hole in my wallet!post #668 of 8736/24/13 at 3:44am
It's several £100s of pounds ago now, but the first pair I bought after regularly reading the forum was my Alessandro MS1i ... first after joining was probably my D2Ks I think.
Edited by sinnottj - 6/24/13 at 3:46ampost #669 of 8736/24/13 at 5:27ampost #670 of 8736/24/13 at 9:39am
The good ol' ATH-M50s. I used them for a couple years and have gone on an upgrade spree over the past year trying to figure out exactly what I like in a sound signature. Finally settled on the GR07 BE and DT770. Thanks for all the reviews head-fi-erspost #671 of 8736/24/13 at 9:45ampost #672 of 8736/24/13 at 8:43pmI got Sennheiser HD 238s, then a Fiio E7 dac/amp to make the output of my ipad better. Then I moved to HD558s then an Aune T1 hybrid dac/amp (with various tubes, currently Amperex JAN 7308). I knew nothing about headphones (or high fi!) now I'm thinking about HD 650s. This site is dangerous!post #673 of 8736/24/13 at 9:07pmpost #674 of 8736/25/13 at 12:19am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = just now
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › After you buy a headphone what is most important to you? 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! 1 minute ago
- › Auralic Ark MX+ 1 minute ago
- › Turbulent X headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What do you do for a living? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)