Grado 60s and Hifiman RE0. First taste of what music *could* sound like.
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 3/12/16 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 998 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 45post #661 of 9116/23/13 at 10:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 9116/23/13 at 10:30ampost #663 of 9116/23/13 at 10:56ampost #664 of 9116/23/13 at 1:01pmpost #665 of 9116/23/13 at 1:04pmpost #666 of 9116/24/13 at 12:38am
After a period of indecision I bought Denon Ah-D2000's, Senn HD600, Matrix M-Stage and a pair of Senn HD429 to replace some very cheap Sony's for when I'm in situations where I don't want to use expensive phones.
I love the HD600's, but not sure about the Denon's, which I may sell soon.
This Head-Fi stuff is a disease that never stops. Despite having some of the best headphones in the world (I also have AKG K701, Sony MDR-V6 and Sony MDR-Z1000 (which I also may sell), I still want to hear more 'phones and amps. Never satisfied I guess.post #667 of 9116/24/13 at 2:48am
Before joining head-fi , I collected some earbuds & IEMs and the last one bought (and the most expensive) was a Sennheiser CX-200...
After joining I bought a ATH M-50, a huge jump in price but was not dissapointed at all.
Also thanks head-fi, for putting a huge gaping hole in my wallet!post #668 of 9116/24/13 at 3:44am
It's several £100s of pounds ago now, but the first pair I bought after regularly reading the forum was my Alessandro MS1i ... first after joining was probably my D2Ks I think.
Edited by sinnottj - 6/24/13 at 3:46ampost #669 of 9116/24/13 at 5:27ampost #670 of 9116/24/13 at 9:39am
The good ol' ATH-M50s. I used them for a couple years and have gone on an upgrade spree over the past year trying to figure out exactly what I like in a sound signature. Finally settled on the GR07 BE and DT770. Thanks for all the reviews head-fi-erspost #671 of 9116/24/13 at 9:45ampost #672 of 9116/24/13 at 8:43pmI got Sennheiser HD 238s, then a Fiio E7 dac/amp to make the output of my ipad better. Then I moved to HD558s then an Aune T1 hybrid dac/amp (with various tubes, currently Amperex JAN 7308). I knew nothing about headphones (or high fi!) now I'm thinking about HD 650s. This site is dangerous!post #673 of 9116/24/13 at 9:07pmpost #674 of 9116/25/13 at 12:19am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Headphone Impedance
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › HD 600 or 650? 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend headphone for iphone 7. 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear