I bought AKG Q701 in white. I originally came to find a closed headphone that sounded very similar to my Shure SCL4's. But changed my mind, and wanted an open soundstage. Glad I came here and found them, I love 'em!
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 3/12/16 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 43post #631 of 91110/22/11 at 11:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #632 of 91110/22/11 at 11:36ampost #633 of 91110/22/11 at 11:41ampost #634 of 91110/22/11 at 11:48ampost #635 of 91110/22/11 at 11:59ampost #636 of 91110/22/11 at 12:08pmpost #637 of 91110/22/11 at 12:13pmpost #638 of 91110/22/11 at 12:16pm
If we're talking when I was just a lurker, that would be the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700. I wanted a good, comfortable headphone for gaming that synergized with CMSS-3D Headphone, and those delivered.
If it's only after I formally joined and started posted, then it's unquestionably my current Stax Lambda system. In fact, I bought it on the B/S/T section here, and even though it cost me $250 (which is actually affordable by Stax standards, and I had an old receiver lying around to drive the included transformer box), my ears don't regret it one bit, even if my bank account does. In fact, ever since I got them, I really started to want to listen to music, moreso than the AD700s ever did.
Then I had to investigate that Panasonic RP-HTF600 hype for myself. Hey, it was only $30-35, so why not?
I think I'll be fine for now regarding headphones, but if the Lambda fails, then my wallet is going to really hurt...I have to have that atmospheric delivery that only Stax has delivered so far! (Maybe the Koss ESP/950 and Sennheiser Orpheus can deliver too, but when it comes to electrostatics, there aren't too many options beyond Stax.)post #639 of 91110/22/11 at 12:28pmpost #640 of 91110/22/11 at 12:44pmpost #641 of 91110/22/11 at 12:44pmpost #642 of 91110/22/11 at 12:49pmpost #643 of 91110/22/11 at 12:50pmpost #644 of 91110/22/11 at 1:25pmpost #645 of 9116/22/13 at 12:19am
GMP 8.35. Might have even joined after I bought them but totally bought them thanks to lurking on HF. And boy am I glad I did. If not for the German Maestros' appreciation thread, I'd probably pull the trigger on the dreaded K 550
Edited by hoichi - 6/22/13 at 12:42am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 46 seconds ago
- › Equalizing LCD-2 Fazors? 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 5 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for 5hz frequency response headphones? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear