I bought AKG Q701 in white. I originally came to find a closed headphone that sounded very similar to my Shure SCL4's. But changed my mind, and wanted an open soundstage. Glad I came here and found them, I love 'em!
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 43post #631 of 91110/22/11 at 11:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #632 of 91110/22/11 at 11:36ampost #633 of 91110/22/11 at 11:41ampost #634 of 91110/22/11 at 11:48ampost #635 of 91110/22/11 at 11:59ampost #636 of 91110/22/11 at 12:08pmpost #637 of 91110/22/11 at 12:13pmpost #638 of 91110/22/11 at 12:16pm
If we're talking when I was just a lurker, that would be the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700. I wanted a good, comfortable headphone for gaming that synergized with CMSS-3D Headphone, and those delivered.
If it's only after I formally joined and started posted, then it's unquestionably my current Stax Lambda system. In fact, I bought it on the B/S/T section here, and even though it cost me $250 (which is actually affordable by Stax standards, and I had an old receiver lying around to drive the included transformer box), my ears don't regret it one bit, even if my bank account does. In fact, ever since I got them, I really started to want to listen to music, moreso than the AD700s ever did.
Then I had to investigate that Panasonic RP-HTF600 hype for myself. Hey, it was only $30-35, so why not?
I think I'll be fine for now regarding headphones, but if the Lambda fails, then my wallet is going to really hurt...I have to have that atmospheric delivery that only Stax has delivered so far! (Maybe the Koss ESP/950 and Sennheiser Orpheus can deliver too, but when it comes to electrostatics, there aren't too many options beyond Stax.)post #639 of 91110/22/11 at 12:28pmpost #640 of 91110/22/11 at 12:44pmpost #641 of 91110/22/11 at 12:44pmpost #642 of 91110/22/11 at 12:49pmpost #643 of 91110/22/11 at 12:50pmpost #644 of 91110/22/11 at 1:25pmpost #645 of 9116/22/13 at 12:19am
GMP 8.35. Might have even joined after I bought them but totally bought them thanks to lurking on HF. And boy am I glad I did. If not for the German Maestros' appreciation thread, I'd probably pull the trigger on the dreaded K 550
Edited by hoichi - 6/22/13 at 12:42am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 15 seconds ago
- › Need Help Choosing New Headphones. Bose? Ultrasone? Philips? Others? 30 seconds ago
- › Portable headphone amps 1 minute ago
- › How Can I Trust Head-Fi Reviews? 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › EQ cure all? 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember review 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)