I bought AKG Q701 in white. I originally came to find a closed headphone that sounded very similar to my Shure SCL4's. But changed my mind, and wanted an open soundstage. Glad I came here and found them, I love 'em!
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 43post #631 of 87310/22/11 at 11:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #632 of 87310/22/11 at 11:36ampost #633 of 87310/22/11 at 11:41ampost #634 of 87310/22/11 at 11:48ampost #635 of 87310/22/11 at 11:59ampost #636 of 87310/22/11 at 12:08pmpost #637 of 87310/22/11 at 12:13pmpost #638 of 87310/22/11 at 12:16pm
If we're talking when I was just a lurker, that would be the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700. I wanted a good, comfortable headphone for gaming that synergized with CMSS-3D Headphone, and those delivered.
If it's only after I formally joined and started posted, then it's unquestionably my current Stax Lambda system. In fact, I bought it on the B/S/T section here, and even though it cost me $250 (which is actually affordable by Stax standards, and I had an old receiver lying around to drive the included transformer box), my ears don't regret it one bit, even if my bank account does. In fact, ever since I got them, I really started to want to listen to music, moreso than the AD700s ever did.
Then I had to investigate that Panasonic RP-HTF600 hype for myself. Hey, it was only $30-35, so why not?
I think I'll be fine for now regarding headphones, but if the Lambda fails, then my wallet is going to really hurt...I have to have that atmospheric delivery that only Stax has delivered so far! (Maybe the Koss ESP/950 and Sennheiser Orpheus can deliver too, but when it comes to electrostatics, there aren't too many options beyond Stax.)post #639 of 87310/22/11 at 12:28pmpost #640 of 87310/22/11 at 12:44pmpost #641 of 87310/22/11 at 12:44pmpost #642 of 87310/22/11 at 12:49pmpost #643 of 87310/22/11 at 12:50pmpost #644 of 87310/22/11 at 1:25pmpost #645 of 8736/22/13 at 12:19am
GMP 8.35. Might have even joined after I bought them but totally bought them thanks to lurking on HF. And boy am I glad I did. If not for the German Maestros' appreciation thread, I'd probably pull the trigger on the dreaded K 550
Edited by hoichi - 6/22/13 at 12:42am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 17 seconds ago
- › FS Like New Audeze LCD-3 Headphones Complete Package 54 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › How many headphones is too much? 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe