I bought AKG Q701 in white. I originally came to find a closed headphone that sounded very similar to my Shure SCL4's. But changed my mind, and wanted an open soundstage. Glad I came here and found them, I love 'em!
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 3/12/16 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Oriveti Primacy: Making music sound like music Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 43post #631 of 91110/22/11 at 11:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #632 of 91110/22/11 at 11:36ampost #633 of 91110/22/11 at 11:41ampost #634 of 91110/22/11 at 11:48ampost #635 of 91110/22/11 at 11:59ampost #636 of 91110/22/11 at 12:08pmpost #637 of 91110/22/11 at 12:13pmpost #638 of 91110/22/11 at 12:16pm
If we're talking when I was just a lurker, that would be the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700. I wanted a good, comfortable headphone for gaming that synergized with CMSS-3D Headphone, and those delivered.
If it's only after I formally joined and started posted, then it's unquestionably my current Stax Lambda system. In fact, I bought it on the B/S/T section here, and even though it cost me $250 (which is actually affordable by Stax standards, and I had an old receiver lying around to drive the included transformer box), my ears don't regret it one bit, even if my bank account does. In fact, ever since I got them, I really started to want to listen to music, moreso than the AD700s ever did.
Then I had to investigate that Panasonic RP-HTF600 hype for myself. Hey, it was only $30-35, so why not?
I think I'll be fine for now regarding headphones, but if the Lambda fails, then my wallet is going to really hurt...I have to have that atmospheric delivery that only Stax has delivered so far! (Maybe the Koss ESP/950 and Sennheiser Orpheus can deliver too, but when it comes to electrostatics, there aren't too many options beyond Stax.)post #639 of 91110/22/11 at 12:28pmpost #640 of 91110/22/11 at 12:44pmpost #641 of 91110/22/11 at 12:44pmpost #642 of 91110/22/11 at 12:49pmpost #643 of 91110/22/11 at 12:50pmpost #644 of 91110/22/11 at 1:25pmpost #645 of 9116/22/13 at 12:19am
GMP 8.35. Might have even joined after I bought them but totally bought them thanks to lurking on HF. And boy am I glad I did. If not for the German Maestros' appreciation thread, I'd probably pull the trigger on the dreaded K 550
Edited by hoichi - 6/22/13 at 12:42am
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up 40 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 57 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 58 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › LFF Code-X 7 minutes ago
- › [FS/FT] Lear NS-U1 (NatroSound NS-U1 IEM By LEAR) 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...