- 4,118 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 41post #601 of 8737/1/11 at 1:28pmHeadPhile woodied HD650 then shortly after sold them and bought L3000
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #602 of 8737/1/11 at 1:49pmpost #603 of 8737/1/11 at 2:33pmpost #604 of 8737/1/11 at 2:39pmpost #605 of 8737/1/11 at 5:01pmIn chronological order:
Grado 225i (for work)
IBasso d1 - used from head-fier (for work)
Audeze LCDII (for home)
Now looking for something to drive the Audeze...
Prev phones: old pair of sennheisers, Bose tri-port, dre solo. All unlistenable to me now.post #606 of 8737/1/11 at 6:22pm
I bought a FiiO E7 and then an Audio-GD Fun after joining Head-Fi. First headphone purchase after that was the M50 (got sucked into the hype) and subsequently the HD650. The HD650 was an impulse buy and against the grain, as support for it had/has really waned. Best decision ever.post #607 of 8737/1/11 at 6:33pmpost #608 of 8737/1/11 at 7:41pmpost #609 of 8737/1/11 at 8:39pmpost #610 of 8737/1/11 at 9:00pm
I found this site when i was looking for info on good headphones. I had heard about Grado and Sennheiser, but I was looking for more options, and I got them.
I figured out that those brands I mentioned probably weren't the best suited for my musical tastes. Finally ended up getting Denon AH-D1100.
I joined the forum after I got them, and I wrote a small review on them.
I will probably end up moving up in the Denon line, but the D1100 haven't disappointed me yet.post #611 of 8737/1/11 at 9:01pmpost #612 of 8737/1/11 at 9:19pm
I just got my M50s and couldn't be more thrilled.
Thanks a lot, Head-Fi.
Most money and the best money I've ever spent at once.
Before I came here, I had my HD201s that I got for Christmas, then I bought the HD428s.
Needless to say this is my first purchase since I've joined Head-Fi. (and it's my only purchase for awhile; my parents didn't enjoy hearing that I had spent $136 on headphones <<;).post #613 of 8737/1/11 at 9:25pm
Googled "Best headphones 2010", up came the M50s, did a little research and had good reviews. The alternatives were the SRH840s, but people said they were too boring and slided pretty easily from the head. The other ones were the AD700, but they didn't offer enough bass for my taste.
So I got the M50's, no regret at all, I love them. Perhaps too much clamp but it ensures good isolation so that's OK.
Recently got the Image X10 for the office, as much as I like them I preffer using the M50s :)
Going for an E7/E9 DAC AMP combo and Beyer DT990 600 ohms for my first open cans.
I don't consider myself a basshead, as you may think, but I find LACK of bass to be really annoying, which was one of the reasons I chose the M50s over the AD700... and why I'll get the 990s instead of the K702s...post #614 of 8737/1/11 at 9:29pmpost #615 of 8737/2/11 at 12:20am
I've always been of the mind that if you know you're going to go for the top eventually, you might as well start there. Unfortunately I'm really hooked now; I've gotten my parents to agree to getting me a SR-009 & BHSE in around five years instead of a car or down-payment on house.
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 10 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 11 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 15 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude