- 5,175 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 3/12/16 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 41post #601 of 9117/1/11 at 1:28pmHeadPhile woodied HD650 then shortly after sold them and bought L3000
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #602 of 9117/1/11 at 1:49pmpost #603 of 9117/1/11 at 2:33pmpost #604 of 9117/1/11 at 2:39pmpost #605 of 9117/1/11 at 5:01pmIn chronological order:
Grado 225i (for work)
IBasso d1 - used from head-fier (for work)
Audeze LCDII (for home)
Now looking for something to drive the Audeze...
Prev phones: old pair of sennheisers, Bose tri-port, dre solo. All unlistenable to me now.post #606 of 9117/1/11 at 6:22pm
I bought a FiiO E7 and then an Audio-GD Fun after joining Head-Fi. First headphone purchase after that was the M50 (got sucked into the hype) and subsequently the HD650. The HD650 was an impulse buy and against the grain, as support for it had/has really waned. Best decision ever.post #607 of 9117/1/11 at 6:33pmpost #608 of 9117/1/11 at 7:41pmpost #609 of 9117/1/11 at 8:39pmpost #610 of 9117/1/11 at 9:00pm
I found this site when i was looking for info on good headphones. I had heard about Grado and Sennheiser, but I was looking for more options, and I got them.
I figured out that those brands I mentioned probably weren't the best suited for my musical tastes. Finally ended up getting Denon AH-D1100.
I joined the forum after I got them, and I wrote a small review on them.
I will probably end up moving up in the Denon line, but the D1100 haven't disappointed me yet.post #611 of 9117/1/11 at 9:01pmpost #612 of 9117/1/11 at 9:19pm
I just got my M50s and couldn't be more thrilled.
Thanks a lot, Head-Fi.
Most money and the best money I've ever spent at once.
Before I came here, I had my HD201s that I got for Christmas, then I bought the HD428s.
Needless to say this is my first purchase since I've joined Head-Fi. (and it's my only purchase for awhile; my parents didn't enjoy hearing that I had spent $136 on headphones <<;).post #613 of 9117/1/11 at 9:25pm
Googled "Best headphones 2010", up came the M50s, did a little research and had good reviews. The alternatives were the SRH840s, but people said they were too boring and slided pretty easily from the head. The other ones were the AD700, but they didn't offer enough bass for my taste.
So I got the M50's, no regret at all, I love them. Perhaps too much clamp but it ensures good isolation so that's OK.
Recently got the Image X10 for the office, as much as I like them I preffer using the M50s :)
Going for an E7/E9 DAC AMP combo and Beyer DT990 600 ohms for my first open cans.
I don't consider myself a basshead, as you may think, but I find LACK of bass to be really annoying, which was one of the reasons I chose the M50s over the AD700... and why I'll get the 990s instead of the K702s...post #614 of 9117/1/11 at 9:29pmpost #615 of 9117/2/11 at 12:20am
I've always been of the mind that if you know you're going to go for the top eventually, you might as well start there. Unfortunately I'm really hooked now; I've gotten my parents to agree to getting me a SR-009 & BHSE in around five years instead of a car or down-payment on house.
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › I need recommendations for wireless bluetooth headphones 10 seconds ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 43 seconds ago
- › akg702/712 or something else for precise/accurate/pinpoint... 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 8 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 9 minutes ago
- › Viper4Windows and Bluetooth? How to get MORE volume from CSR... 9 minutes ago
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...