- 249 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Beverly Hills, Michigan
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 40post #586 of 8737/1/11 at 6:31amI can't remember for certain. My first headphone purchase after joining head-fi was either the Sennheiser PX100 or the Grado SR80. I still own both (2 or 3 pairs of the PX100, I think) but rarely use either.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 8737/1/11 at 6:38ampost #588 of 8737/1/11 at 6:46am
A Beyerdynamic DT 990/600 Ω, replacing my AKG K701 which I’ve been using for two years. Before the headphone switch I purchased a Schiit Valhalla, a product I discovered first here on Head-Fi.
Edited by wberghofer - 7/1/11 at 7:09ampost #589 of 8737/1/11 at 7:08am
Before Head-Fi: Generic headphones that were $20 dollars.
After Head-Fi: Technically, my first purchase with headphones are the Bose QC15 but that's because I'm going to be using them for traveling. Real first Head-Fi headphones purchase are Grado SR80i.
That about sums up my experience on here.
Damn you people. I'll leave my wallet here.post #590 of 8737/1/11 at 7:14am
My first headphone purchase from when I first found head-fi was the Koss Porta Pro within a few weeks. Though my first real purchase of a proper headphone after a half dozen months of research and information not to mention learning was the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro which I still have now and are serving me very well. Still looking for a slight upgrade though so I'm strongly considering the premium edition with the aluminium cups.post #591 of 8737/1/11 at 7:44am
You see, there was a group of like 4 of us (I think 2 are banned/left by now?) a couple years ago that messed around a lot in the member's lounge. (I got Supermus in like 4 months.) That's probably like a third/half my post count, which is why people really shouldn't look at post count if looking for credibility. A lot of the people with a ton of posts just threadcrap, but there are a ton that actually contribute, like Uncle Erik.
I've been trying to get more experience because I realized people see post count and think "knowledge" so I've been experimenting with a ton of headphones, and I have about 10 more I'm saving up for. I can probably only realistically get 6 (Jecklin Float, W11R, Stax Sigma, K340, Z1000, and a PMB100 or some other rare ortho) though. Then I'll be done/get random cheap headphones in hopes to find something great like Oli.
Edited by Ishcabible - 7/1/11 at 7:50ampost #592 of 8737/1/11 at 7:48am
Quote:Originally Posted by Ishcabible
You see, there was a group of like 4 of us (I think 2 are banned/left by now?) a couple years ago that messed around a lot in the member's lounge. (I got Supermus in like 4 months.) That's probably like a third/half my post count, which is why people really shouldn't look at post count if looking for credibility. A lot of the people with a ton of posts just threadcrap, but there are a ton that actually contribute, like Uncle Erik. I've been trying to get more experience because I realized people see post count and think "knowledge" so I've been experimenting with a ton of headphones.
IMHO, it's better to look at the joined date.
I went with the HD580 as my first "quality" headphone after joining Head-Fi, but heck - I'd had the Koss Pro4AA since '72 and the Sony V6 since '83 (? can't remember exactly on that one).
Edited by tomb - 7/1/11 at 7:50ampost #593 of 8737/1/11 at 8:01am
AKG K702s. I joined Head-fi because of an issue with my headphone amp, a Musical Fidelity X-CANV2. I noticed lots of people liked AKG and Musical Fidelity as a combination, a view backed up by Antony Michaelson the owner of MF.post #594 of 8737/1/11 at 8:21am
Maximo iM-590's... Then a Couple pairs of portapros, then some Grado sr80i's, Then a PA2v2, then some Etymotic MC5's, then I completely modded out my portapros and grados and then.. Fostex t50rp for my modding pleasures... (bought a Audio-gd Sparrow at the same time too)...post #595 of 8737/1/11 at 8:27ampost #596 of 8737/1/11 at 8:33am
First purchase after head-fi: Grado sr-60i, dove headlong into mods from headwize and a number of threads here, eventually turned my own cups and still love my grados to death!
Subsequently: Creative Aurvana Live! (also modded), Sennheiser hd-650.post #597 of 8737/1/11 at 8:38ampost #598 of 8737/1/11 at 8:47am
Hmm well all I had before head-fi was my cheap creative crappy headset and my dad's koss sst/10. Then I arrived here and got myself a beyerdynamic 880/600 and I far from regret it.post #599 of 8737/1/11 at 8:47ampost #600 of 8737/1/11 at 8:49ampanasonic RP-HTX7
modded too, and then a Cmoy amp, then some AKG K518 DJ's which i then proceeded to recable... Head-fi got me into headphones and amps and recabling (my soldering iron finally got some use)
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Tom's Hardware Hi-Fi equipment test 24 seconds ago
- › Budget PC audio - $150-$300 24 seconds ago
- › Best Isolation Amongst Listed Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › need some help getting started 1 minute ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Where do I go from the M100s? 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude