- 249 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Beverly Hills, Michigan
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 40post #586 of 8737/1/11 at 6:31amI can't remember for certain. My first headphone purchase after joining head-fi was either the Sennheiser PX100 or the Grado SR80. I still own both (2 or 3 pairs of the PX100, I think) but rarely use either.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 8737/1/11 at 6:38ampost #588 of 8737/1/11 at 6:46am
A Beyerdynamic DT 990/600 Ω, replacing my AKG K701 which I’ve been using for two years. Before the headphone switch I purchased a Schiit Valhalla, a product I discovered first here on Head-Fi.
Edited by wberghofer - 7/1/11 at 7:09ampost #589 of 8737/1/11 at 7:08am
Before Head-Fi: Generic headphones that were $20 dollars.
After Head-Fi: Technically, my first purchase with headphones are the Bose QC15 but that's because I'm going to be using them for traveling. Real first Head-Fi headphones purchase are Grado SR80i.
That about sums up my experience on here.
Damn you people. I'll leave my wallet here.post #590 of 8737/1/11 at 7:14am
My first headphone purchase from when I first found head-fi was the Koss Porta Pro within a few weeks. Though my first real purchase of a proper headphone after a half dozen months of research and information not to mention learning was the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro which I still have now and are serving me very well. Still looking for a slight upgrade though so I'm strongly considering the premium edition with the aluminium cups.post #591 of 8737/1/11 at 7:44am
You see, there was a group of like 4 of us (I think 2 are banned/left by now?) a couple years ago that messed around a lot in the member's lounge. (I got Supermus in like 4 months.) That's probably like a third/half my post count, which is why people really shouldn't look at post count if looking for credibility. A lot of the people with a ton of posts just threadcrap, but there are a ton that actually contribute, like Uncle Erik.
I've been trying to get more experience because I realized people see post count and think "knowledge" so I've been experimenting with a ton of headphones, and I have about 10 more I'm saving up for. I can probably only realistically get 6 (Jecklin Float, W11R, Stax Sigma, K340, Z1000, and a PMB100 or some other rare ortho) though. Then I'll be done/get random cheap headphones in hopes to find something great like Oli.
Edited by Ishcabible - 7/1/11 at 7:50ampost #592 of 8737/1/11 at 7:48am
Quote:Originally Posted by Ishcabible
You see, there was a group of like 4 of us (I think 2 are banned/left by now?) a couple years ago that messed around a lot in the member's lounge. (I got Supermus in like 4 months.) That's probably like a third/half my post count, which is why people really shouldn't look at post count if looking for credibility. A lot of the people with a ton of posts just threadcrap, but there are a ton that actually contribute, like Uncle Erik. I've been trying to get more experience because I realized people see post count and think "knowledge" so I've been experimenting with a ton of headphones.
IMHO, it's better to look at the joined date.
I went with the HD580 as my first "quality" headphone after joining Head-Fi, but heck - I'd had the Koss Pro4AA since '72 and the Sony V6 since '83 (? can't remember exactly on that one).
Edited by tomb - 7/1/11 at 7:50ampost #593 of 8737/1/11 at 8:01am
AKG K702s. I joined Head-fi because of an issue with my headphone amp, a Musical Fidelity X-CANV2. I noticed lots of people liked AKG and Musical Fidelity as a combination, a view backed up by Antony Michaelson the owner of MF.post #594 of 8737/1/11 at 8:21am
Maximo iM-590's... Then a Couple pairs of portapros, then some Grado sr80i's, Then a PA2v2, then some Etymotic MC5's, then I completely modded out my portapros and grados and then.. Fostex t50rp for my modding pleasures... (bought a Audio-gd Sparrow at the same time too)...post #595 of 8737/1/11 at 8:27ampost #596 of 8737/1/11 at 8:33am
First purchase after head-fi: Grado sr-60i, dove headlong into mods from headwize and a number of threads here, eventually turned my own cups and still love my grados to death!
Subsequently: Creative Aurvana Live! (also modded), Sennheiser hd-650.post #597 of 8737/1/11 at 8:38ampost #598 of 8737/1/11 at 8:47am
Hmm well all I had before head-fi was my cheap creative crappy headset and my dad's koss sst/10. Then I arrived here and got myself a beyerdynamic 880/600 and I far from regret it.post #599 of 8737/1/11 at 8:47ampost #600 of 8737/1/11 at 8:49am
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
modded too, and then a Cmoy amp, then some AKG K518 DJ's which i then proceeded to recable... Head-fi got me into headphones and amps and recabling (my soldering iron finally got some use)
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Denon AH-D600 21 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 57 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 10 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 10 minutes ago
- › FS: Like-New ALO Audio The PanAm Black Headphone Amplifier with... 11 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 11 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)