- 249 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Beverly Hills, Michigan
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 3/12/16 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I would like to thank Fiio very much for providing me with the opportunity to review the X5 iii. This review is part of Fiio’s tour, there is no monetary incentive for a positive...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 40post #586 of 9117/1/11 at 6:31amI can't remember for certain. My first headphone purchase after joining head-fi was either the Sennheiser PX100 or the Grado SR80. I still own both (2 or 3 pairs of the PX100, I think) but rarely use either.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 9117/1/11 at 6:38ampost #588 of 9117/1/11 at 6:46am
A Beyerdynamic DT 990/600 Ω, replacing my AKG K701 which I’ve been using for two years. Before the headphone switch I purchased a Schiit Valhalla, a product I discovered first here on Head-Fi.
Edited by wberghofer - 7/1/11 at 7:09ampost #589 of 9117/1/11 at 7:08am
Before Head-Fi: Generic headphones that were $20 dollars.
After Head-Fi: Technically, my first purchase with headphones are the Bose QC15 but that's because I'm going to be using them for traveling. Real first Head-Fi headphones purchase are Grado SR80i.
That about sums up my experience on here.
Damn you people. I'll leave my wallet here.post #590 of 9117/1/11 at 7:14am
My first headphone purchase from when I first found head-fi was the Koss Porta Pro within a few weeks. Though my first real purchase of a proper headphone after a half dozen months of research and information not to mention learning was the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro which I still have now and are serving me very well. Still looking for a slight upgrade though so I'm strongly considering the premium edition with the aluminium cups.post #591 of 9117/1/11 at 7:44am
You see, there was a group of like 4 of us (I think 2 are banned/left by now?) a couple years ago that messed around a lot in the member's lounge. (I got Supermus in like 4 months.) That's probably like a third/half my post count, which is why people really shouldn't look at post count if looking for credibility. A lot of the people with a ton of posts just threadcrap, but there are a ton that actually contribute, like Uncle Erik.
I've been trying to get more experience because I realized people see post count and think "knowledge" so I've been experimenting with a ton of headphones, and I have about 10 more I'm saving up for. I can probably only realistically get 6 (Jecklin Float, W11R, Stax Sigma, K340, Z1000, and a PMB100 or some other rare ortho) though. Then I'll be done/get random cheap headphones in hopes to find something great like Oli.
Edited by Ishcabible - 7/1/11 at 7:50ampost #592 of 9117/1/11 at 7:48am
Quote:Originally Posted by Ishcabible
You see, there was a group of like 4 of us (I think 2 are banned/left by now?) a couple years ago that messed around a lot in the member's lounge. (I got Supermus in like 4 months.) That's probably like a third/half my post count, which is why people really shouldn't look at post count if looking for credibility. A lot of the people with a ton of posts just threadcrap, but there are a ton that actually contribute, like Uncle Erik. I've been trying to get more experience because I realized people see post count and think "knowledge" so I've been experimenting with a ton of headphones.
IMHO, it's better to look at the joined date.
I went with the HD580 as my first "quality" headphone after joining Head-Fi, but heck - I'd had the Koss Pro4AA since '72 and the Sony V6 since '83 (? can't remember exactly on that one).
Edited by tomb - 7/1/11 at 7:50ampost #593 of 9117/1/11 at 8:01am
AKG K702s. I joined Head-fi because of an issue with my headphone amp, a Musical Fidelity X-CANV2. I noticed lots of people liked AKG and Musical Fidelity as a combination, a view backed up by Antony Michaelson the owner of MF.post #594 of 9117/1/11 at 8:21am
Maximo iM-590's... Then a Couple pairs of portapros, then some Grado sr80i's, Then a PA2v2, then some Etymotic MC5's, then I completely modded out my portapros and grados and then.. Fostex t50rp for my modding pleasures... (bought a Audio-gd Sparrow at the same time too)...post #595 of 9117/1/11 at 8:27ampost #596 of 9117/1/11 at 8:33am
First purchase after head-fi: Grado sr-60i, dove headlong into mods from headwize and a number of threads here, eventually turned my own cups and still love my grados to death!
Subsequently: Creative Aurvana Live! (also modded), Sennheiser hd-650.post #597 of 9117/1/11 at 8:38ampost #598 of 9117/1/11 at 8:47am
Hmm well all I had before head-fi was my cheap creative crappy headset and my dad's koss sst/10. Then I arrived here and got myself a beyerdynamic 880/600 and I far from regret it.post #599 of 9117/1/11 at 8:47ampost #600 of 9117/1/11 at 8:49ampanasonic RP-HTX7
modded too, and then a Cmoy amp, then some AKG K518 DJ's which i then proceeded to recable... Head-fi got me into headphones and amps and recabling (my soldering iron finally got some use)
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 36 seconds ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Budget DAC and amp setup. 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Want to buy new earphones - Thinking of sennheiser cx400II 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by peter1480
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear