- 249 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Beverly Hills, Michigan
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 3/12/16 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Hidizs Technology (http://www.hidizs.com/) is a Chinese audio manufacturer (mainly digital audio players) that established in early 2014 and is based in Dongguan, China....
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONA fair bit of this review may borrow sections from my U6 review. The reason for this is that a lot of...
Special thanks to Fiio for sponsoring this review unit for testing purposes Firmware installed : 1.2 Micro SD size used: 128GB C10 Sandisk Spec...
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 40post #586 of 9117/1/11 at 6:31amI can't remember for certain. My first headphone purchase after joining head-fi was either the Sennheiser PX100 or the Grado SR80. I still own both (2 or 3 pairs of the PX100, I think) but rarely use either.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 9117/1/11 at 6:38ampost #588 of 9117/1/11 at 6:46am
A Beyerdynamic DT 990/600 Ω, replacing my AKG K701 which I’ve been using for two years. Before the headphone switch I purchased a Schiit Valhalla, a product I discovered first here on Head-Fi.
Edited by wberghofer - 7/1/11 at 7:09ampost #589 of 9117/1/11 at 7:08am
Before Head-Fi: Generic headphones that were $20 dollars.
After Head-Fi: Technically, my first purchase with headphones are the Bose QC15 but that's because I'm going to be using them for traveling. Real first Head-Fi headphones purchase are Grado SR80i.
That about sums up my experience on here.
Damn you people. I'll leave my wallet here.post #590 of 9117/1/11 at 7:14am
My first headphone purchase from when I first found head-fi was the Koss Porta Pro within a few weeks. Though my first real purchase of a proper headphone after a half dozen months of research and information not to mention learning was the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro which I still have now and are serving me very well. Still looking for a slight upgrade though so I'm strongly considering the premium edition with the aluminium cups.post #591 of 9117/1/11 at 7:44am
You see, there was a group of like 4 of us (I think 2 are banned/left by now?) a couple years ago that messed around a lot in the member's lounge. (I got Supermus in like 4 months.) That's probably like a third/half my post count, which is why people really shouldn't look at post count if looking for credibility. A lot of the people with a ton of posts just threadcrap, but there are a ton that actually contribute, like Uncle Erik.
I've been trying to get more experience because I realized people see post count and think "knowledge" so I've been experimenting with a ton of headphones, and I have about 10 more I'm saving up for. I can probably only realistically get 6 (Jecklin Float, W11R, Stax Sigma, K340, Z1000, and a PMB100 or some other rare ortho) though. Then I'll be done/get random cheap headphones in hopes to find something great like Oli.
Edited by Ishcabible - 7/1/11 at 7:50ampost #592 of 9117/1/11 at 7:48am
Quote:Originally Posted by Ishcabible
You see, there was a group of like 4 of us (I think 2 are banned/left by now?) a couple years ago that messed around a lot in the member's lounge. (I got Supermus in like 4 months.) That's probably like a third/half my post count, which is why people really shouldn't look at post count if looking for credibility. A lot of the people with a ton of posts just threadcrap, but there are a ton that actually contribute, like Uncle Erik. I've been trying to get more experience because I realized people see post count and think "knowledge" so I've been experimenting with a ton of headphones.
IMHO, it's better to look at the joined date.
I went with the HD580 as my first "quality" headphone after joining Head-Fi, but heck - I'd had the Koss Pro4AA since '72 and the Sony V6 since '83 (? can't remember exactly on that one).
Edited by tomb - 7/1/11 at 7:50ampost #593 of 9117/1/11 at 8:01am
AKG K702s. I joined Head-fi because of an issue with my headphone amp, a Musical Fidelity X-CANV2. I noticed lots of people liked AKG and Musical Fidelity as a combination, a view backed up by Antony Michaelson the owner of MF.post #594 of 9117/1/11 at 8:21am
Maximo iM-590's... Then a Couple pairs of portapros, then some Grado sr80i's, Then a PA2v2, then some Etymotic MC5's, then I completely modded out my portapros and grados and then.. Fostex t50rp for my modding pleasures... (bought a Audio-gd Sparrow at the same time too)...post #595 of 9117/1/11 at 8:27ampost #596 of 9117/1/11 at 8:33am
First purchase after head-fi: Grado sr-60i, dove headlong into mods from headwize and a number of threads here, eventually turned my own cups and still love my grados to death!
Subsequently: Creative Aurvana Live! (also modded), Sennheiser hd-650.post #597 of 9117/1/11 at 8:38ampost #598 of 9117/1/11 at 8:47am
Hmm well all I had before head-fi was my cheap creative crappy headset and my dad's koss sst/10. Then I arrived here and got myself a beyerdynamic 880/600 and I far from regret it.post #599 of 9117/1/11 at 8:47ampost #600 of 9117/1/11 at 8:49ampanasonic RP-HTX7
modded too, and then a Cmoy amp, then some AKG K518 DJ's which i then proceeded to recable... Head-fi got me into headphones and amps and recabling (my soldering iron finally got some use)
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lets Talk Metal 20 seconds ago
- › Official X1 2nd gen stable firmware discussion thread--version 1.2 40 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG? 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...