Sennheiser HD595s. They're now my wife's favorite phones and she uses them far more than I do, but I find it amusing to note how many other phones I've bought and sold in the course of time I've been around Head-Fi; but I still have those. my first. :)
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order to...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 39post #571 of 8736/30/11 at 10:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 8736/30/11 at 10:37pmGrado SR125i was the first. I figured it would be the only one for awhile. Deals on others just keep making me want more. I've managed to only pull the trigger on one of those deals this far though. I'll consider that a good thing.post #573 of 8736/30/11 at 10:40pmpost #574 of 8736/30/11 at 10:42pm
Head-fi is so helpful to me, i built my whole system at here. Thanks again to all the people who are being patient to all my annoying question. Before I came here I had HD555/595 -> HD650/ Xenor sound card and Little dotpost #575 of 8736/30/11 at 10:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ishcabible
I lurked the site for about a year, and the only reason I originally joined was to buy an ortho. I even sold my A500 to buy a PMB100, but couldn't buy it after the idea was shot down by my mom who didn't think I needed more than two headphones. I think the first headphone I bought because of Head-Fi was the Audio Technica A500, and the first one I bought after joining was the KSC75 after I saw that Ratshack was selling them for $5. Then a one year hiatus, then I bought 4 headphones (RP50, ATH-2, DT48, and Technician VFR) within a week...
4000 posts in 2 years?post #576 of 8736/30/11 at 11:02pmpost #577 of 8736/30/11 at 11:06pmpost #578 of 8736/30/11 at 11:10pmpost #579 of 8736/30/11 at 11:43pm
Well, I bought my Sennheiser HD580's over 10 years ago. Still use them.
Got a Vivid V1 Tech DAC/AMP (used) after joining Head-Fi based on a great set of portable amp reviews and I'm very happy with it's performance.
Headphone wise, my Ultrasone Pro 900's. They're magical. Because after joining here, I found out I'm referred to as a basshead by others.
Edited by MalVeauX - 6/30/11 at 11:44pmpost #580 of 8737/1/11 at 12:16ampost #581 of 8737/1/11 at 5:12ampost #582 of 8737/1/11 at 5:22ampost #583 of 8737/1/11 at 5:39ampost #584 of 8737/1/11 at 6:12am
Very cool, this thread was started in 2003, resuscitated in 2006 and then again yesterday. After joining Head-Fi my first phones were Grado SR-80. Sometimes I with I still had them.
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado e Series 16 seconds ago
- › Tralucent DacAmp One - Introduction - Impressions Thread. 52 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › s/pdif to 3.5mm question (Probably a stupid question) 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)