Sennheiser HD595s. They're now my wife's favorite phones and she uses them far more than I do, but I find it amusing to note how many other phones I've bought and sold in the course of time I've been around Head-Fi; but I still have those. my first. :)
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 3/12/16 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
The sound signature on these can be described as almost "Grado"esque. They have a mid/high forward sound that makes them great for guitar rock. They don't have the harsh treble that is...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 39post #571 of 9116/30/11 at 10:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 9116/30/11 at 10:37pmGrado SR125i was the first. I figured it would be the only one for awhile. Deals on others just keep making me want more. I've managed to only pull the trigger on one of those deals this far though. I'll consider that a good thing.post #573 of 9116/30/11 at 10:40pmpost #574 of 9116/30/11 at 10:42pm
Head-fi is so helpful to me, i built my whole system at here. Thanks again to all the people who are being patient to all my annoying question. Before I came here I had HD555/595 -> HD650/ Xenor sound card and Little dotpost #575 of 9116/30/11 at 10:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ishcabible
I lurked the site for about a year, and the only reason I originally joined was to buy an ortho. I even sold my A500 to buy a PMB100, but couldn't buy it after the idea was shot down by my mom who didn't think I needed more than two headphones. I think the first headphone I bought because of Head-Fi was the Audio Technica A500, and the first one I bought after joining was the KSC75 after I saw that Ratshack was selling them for $5. Then a one year hiatus, then I bought 4 headphones (RP50, ATH-2, DT48, and Technician VFR) within a week...
4000 posts in 2 years?post #576 of 9116/30/11 at 11:02pmpost #577 of 9116/30/11 at 11:06pmpost #578 of 9116/30/11 at 11:10pmpost #579 of 9116/30/11 at 11:43pm
Well, I bought my Sennheiser HD580's over 10 years ago. Still use them.
Got a Vivid V1 Tech DAC/AMP (used) after joining Head-Fi based on a great set of portable amp reviews and I'm very happy with it's performance.
Headphone wise, my Ultrasone Pro 900's. They're magical. Because after joining here, I found out I'm referred to as a basshead by others.
Edited by MalVeauX - 6/30/11 at 11:44pmpost #580 of 9117/1/11 at 12:16ampost #581 of 9117/1/11 at 5:12ampost #582 of 9117/1/11 at 5:22ampost #583 of 9117/1/11 at 5:39ampost #584 of 9117/1/11 at 6:12am
Very cool, this thread was started in 2003, resuscitated in 2006 and then again yesterday. After joining Head-Fi my first phones were Grado SR-80. Sometimes I with I still had them.
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 44 seconds ago
- › SF MASSDROP HEADFI MEET IMPRESSIONS - 11/7/15 54 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 5 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse