- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/23/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable, open, flat/neutral, highly detailed and resolving headphones? (< ~$500) Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open-back phones for music creation at home Last post on 9/11/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full Size Headphone Recommendation For Home Use Last post on 9/7/11 at 8:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- is one of this headphone a good complment to the akg k701? Last post on 8/20/11 at 2:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT880 VS. Sennheiser HD 650 VS. AKG K701 Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
AKG 702 sound - Page 6post #76 of 807/7/09 at 2:07am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8012/20/10 at 6:46pm
I have had my set of AKG 702's for about 3 weeks now with about 6-7 hours on them.
I am driving them with the output of a AVA Insight + Preamp which in turn in being sourced by ESS Sabre DACS in an Oppo BD83SE CD/DVD/BluRay player. Its the version that has the upgraded analog section.
Fist impressions are wonderful. Tonality, Timbre, Accuracy, Fast, Soundstage to die for....just absolutely marvelous.
The Preamp driving these have no problem at all, the bass is wonderful, accurate and NOT BOOMY at all. Bass violins sound like Bass violins, strings are so sweet.
Fanfare for Modern Man, the Tympani sound like Tympani!! Its uncanny realistic.
Just got done with a 2 hr listening session with the 702s on the Insight+ pre-amp, tried them on an Onkyo SR 805 AVR and a PC with a soundcard. The soundcard had a difficult driving them loud the AVR was VERY loud if needed, the Insight + will BLOW this out if not careful....ablsoutley STUNNING performance...the sound is so OMG nice, accurate, tight etc...u can crawl around in the music and hear the room sounds, recordings are easily picked apart good and bad.
Such detail and the tonality of instruments and voices. Norah Jones, Ray Charles, Nils Lofgren, Jennifer Warrens, The Blue Man Group....its really a wonderful marraige between thes cans and the preamp in the Insight +. Even Joe Satriani's Rubina is freaking awesome.
If these get any better over time, this will be the icing on the cake..my poor old audio technica ath50's are now my pc game headset!! Really nice but BOOMY as all get out...
All the best
post #78 of 8012/22/10 at 11:51pmThread Starterpost #79 of 8012/23/10 at 2:57ampost #80 of 803/12/11 at 11:33am
I think that if people say the AKG 702s sound "cold" or "boring/analytical" they haven't paired it with the right amp and they haven't put enough hours of burn in on those phones. Yes they are detailed. Yes they are precise. But cold? It doesn't sound cold to me, I'm using a Burson HA-160D to power mine and they sound wonderful together! An aftermarket cable usually does nice things to the sound as well because the stock cable is definitely NOT a high fidelity cable. I would try a new cable before selling the 702s. give em a chance! they need time, a proper amp, and ideally a new OCC copper or silver cable. The 702s need like 250 hours to burn in. They will smooth out, and start to sound really good, but again, they need a powerful amp, and time.
- AKG 702 sound
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 15 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 32 seconds ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 32 seconds ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Rose Mojito Earbuds 1 minute ago
- › HD598 Dac/Amp Recommendations w/ mic in 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile iOS audio player 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...