or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iPod Custom EQ - Yes, it CAN be done!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPod Custom EQ - Yes, it CAN be done!!! - Page 3

post #31 of 91
by major, you mean you did something like max out the bass and minimize everything else to get a horrible sounding eq that transfered?
post #32 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip22 View Post
by major, you mean you did something like max out the bass and minimize everything else to get a horrible sounding eq that transfered?
I've already asked him that question three times in two threads but haven't gotten an answer. Maybe you can...
post #33 of 91
I remember people saying this worked a long time ago. I never tried it because I didn't care enough to make the custom EQ, but from what I heard it didn't work.
post #34 of 91
tried it.....trashed it......another urban legend......
post #35 of 91
This method is just a myth. It doesn't work, period.
post #36 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by pata2001 View Post
This method is just a myth. It doesn't work, period.
That won't stop someone from popping up a new thread about custom EQ on an iPod again in a month.

And it's interesting to note how many of these posters 'hear' a difference. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations and subjective experiences with respect to audio.
post #37 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeMusic View Post
I've already asked him that question three times in two threads but haven't gotten an answer. Maybe you can...
This is ridiculous. He is still posting in this thread but ignoring your request, which is such an obvious way to prove/disprove the theory.

It honestly was a good idea to try this though, but having tried it myself it definitely DOES NOT work.
post #38 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
well what I dud, lucky I use rockbox anyway. what made you actually think it worked for you?? surely you didnt go OMG that sounds so much better even though the ipod did absolutely nothing when I synced it?? the ipod didnt so much as blink on when I tried this out. it must be magic
you are complaining about placebo at headfi? come on, half this site is dedicated to placebo
post #39 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
you are complaining about placebo at headfi? come on, half this site is dedicated to placebo
fair call, but at least even the mods that could be argued aer totally placebo usually LOOK different and you know that you have physically done the mod even if it isnt audible LOL
post #40 of 91
yeah unfortunately with ipods we've heard too many of these "you can fix this' stories that don't work. it's a bit like being sold 'geniune' goods at a market stall

post #41 of 91
or 'authentic Thai' food
post #42 of 91
Who knows, maybe iPod does not allow to make silly EQs? And allows only minor changes?
post #43 of 91
OMG, yes, very few truly authentic Thai food outside of Thailand... and I won't mention how purist HF used to be about EQ-ing in the early days
post #44 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
you are complaining about placebo at headfi? come on, half this site is dedicated to placebo
The custom EQ's not working for you because you need to burn it in first. I suggest 146 hours of alternating pink and white noise in 33 second intervals. After that you should definitely be able to tell a difference.
post #45 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky0 View Post
The custom EQ's not working for you because you need to burn it in first. I suggest 146 hours of alternating pink and white noise in 33 second intervals. After that you should definitely be able to tell a difference.
This post made me lol'd.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iPod Custom EQ - Yes, it CAN be done!!!