Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 616

post #9226 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by satish89 View Post
 

I think I'd be classified as a digital hoarder... I have a server PC next to my main gaming PC with 4 X 3tb drives in raid 5 for mass storage of things like camera raws and exported jpegs, music, movies, TV series, etc, and even then my gaming PC has 2 X 3tb drives in a windows storage pool for local storage of games and other stuff. Being in Australia and one of the lucky few to have fast cable internet I could theoretically stream all those movies and TV series yes... But the convenience of my whole family being able to share my catalogue of content over our home network just can't be beat. And yes, I could delete games I don't play and keep a lean catalogue of games on my 2 X 120gb SSD raid 0 array that I use for my OS, but it's a nice feeling to have all those games ready to play. Not sure what cloud based solution I'd use to replace the need for a dump drive for my camera raws though.

Don't forget the gigabit internet you need to realistically upload and work on all those raws.

post #9227 of 9238

I just finished an update to my home audio/video system with the addition of new monitor speakers from Monoprice. Only wish my monitor stand was a couple inches taller then I could have pushed the speakers back a bit. Not much room to work *on* the desk, but heck, it sounds great!

 

The computer is under the desk with an access switch and a FreeNAS host in another room for storage.

 

post #9228 of 9238

Well here is my desk.

I am currently deciding if I can live with the speakers on their sides. If it works I might move up to a triple monitor setup.

The big question is if I really want to spend the money on 2 more 120hz monitors and the 2 780ti's it would take to run them!

Or just 1 780ti and stay with one monitor and pocket 1k.

 

Emotiva Airmotiv 4's, SB Omni external USB sound card. Senn Momentum On Ears with an Antlion Mod Mic.

Comp is an i7 950, 12gb ram, 2- 250 gb ssd's and 2 tb's on platters. 2-gtx 670's sli.

Sub is a Triska Sub I made from the Parts Express Project Showcase.

 

post #9229 of 9238

Well what you want are those tweets aiming at or at your ear level. If they are ported in the rear they may sound better pulled away from the wall a bit more too. Personally i don't like my monitors on their sides as I prefer to keep the tweets higher and I have not had any better experiences with speakers on their sides. Standing upright is best.

 

 

But I do think your desk/setup is clean and nice looking!


Edited by Amish - 8/25/14 at 7:04pm
post #9230 of 9238

I'm new here and still learning the ropes so I just have a link to my rig on Flickr.  It consists of a desktop computer that is hidden behind the console plugged into a Fiio E17 or E18 (sometimes) as a Dac.  The dac feeds a Cambridge audio system or a vintage Sony or Marantz 2220 amp where I plug in my Grado 225i or AKG K550's.  The system also feeds some other vintage amps and just for fun sometimes a Craftsmen tube amp to warm the sound a little.

 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/niley/sets/72157646454242757/

post #9231 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealman View Post
 

Well here is my desk.

I am currently deciding if I can live with the speakers on their sides. If it works I might move up to a triple monitor setup.

The big question is if I really want to spend the money on 2 more 120hz monitors and the 2 780ti's it would take to run them!

Or just 1 780ti and stay with one monitor and pocket 1k.

 

Emotiva Airmotiv 4's, SB Omni external USB sound card. Senn Momentum On Ears with an Antlion Mod Mic.

Comp is an i7 950, 12gb ram, 2- 250 gb ssd's and 2 tb's on platters. 2-gtx 670's sli.

Sub is a Triska Sub I made from the Parts Express Project Showcase.

 

 

I like it!

 

Now, why did I not think to put my speakers sideways? Then they would have fit under the monitors. Rrr.

 

Tell me more about the subwoofer. I pretty happy with my monitors but the bass is lacking.

post #9232 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by htr2d2 View Post
 

 

I like it!

 

Now, why did I not think to put my speakers sideways? Then they would have fit under the monitors. Rrr.

 

Tell me more about the subwoofer. I pretty happy with my monitors but the bass is lacking.

 

It is a sub that is featured on the Parts Express site.

 

http://www.parts-express.com/project-gallery-home-subwoofer-projects-the-triska-sub

 

I built it about 5 years ago and it works well for my computer. Costs about 120.00 for all the components (wood and elbow grease not included) .

It is NOT going to rock the house but does good for its intended use. It is definitely not a one note sub which is always a good thing.

 

The only thing I changed from the plans is the paint I used. Rustoleum Hammered Paint (copper color)  which makes it stand out a bit from the usual black finish on most subs.

post #9233 of 9238

Once I have my shelf in place above my desk, 

I'll be doing the same with my Fostex but will be angling them downwards instead.

Haha I also am in need of a Sub for my monitors, The PM0.4n's are fantastic but they lack in the bass department too.

post #9234 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealman View Post
 

 

It is a sub that is featured on the Parts Express site.

 

http://www.parts-express.com/project-gallery-home-subwoofer-projects-the-triska-sub

 

I built it about 5 years ago and it works well for my computer. Costs about 120.00 for all the components (wood and elbow grease not included) .

It is NOT going to rock the house but does good for its intended use. It is definitely not a one note sub which is always a good thing.

 

The only thing I changed from the plans is the paint I used. Rustoleum Hammered Paint (copper color)  which makes it stand out a bit from the usual black finish on most subs.


Nice. Looks like a project I may add to my to do list. Currently the Dayton 8" and 10" subs cost $20 above or below, but it would be more fun to build it.

 

Thank you sealman.

post #9235 of 9238
I have built 9 or 10 DIY subs over the last 15 years. I made several smaller ones and a lot of large ones using 15's & 12's. Out of all of those the Triska was by far the most enjoyable and satisfying build that I have done to date!

As always ymmv : )
post #9236 of 9238

Mounting monitors not designed to be used horizontally might disturb the midrange, at least so it reads in my speakers manual.

 

I have tried both on my speakers and didn't notice a big difference. 


Edited by Headzone - 8/26/14 at 3:49pm
post #9237 of 9238

I got an upgrade :), replaced my little Panasonic amp/sub with a pioneer vsx 523 650 watt amp + Yamaha Yst-sw90 subwoofer

It is all connected: Gaming PC --> Asus u7 --> Pioneer vsx 523 --> m50x (when plugged in)

post #9238 of 9238

I envy some of these setups. Makes me want to make some upgrades to my own :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!