LOL! I never thought of that but there is a resemblance.....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: 12/8/16
- Foobar2000 A Guide To Set UpLast edited: 3/31/11
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 596
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8927 of 102312/28/14 at 4:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Swolern
Yes you just use your hdmi or DVI output on your motherboard I/O panel. Also hate to spring this on you the day before install, but your PSU is extreme overkill. Your PC setup (minus the 760) will only pull a max of 200 watts from the wall. I would go with this Corsair 430w (for $19.99 after rebate) and that will cover plenty of upgrades you happen to do in the future, including a dedicated graphics card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=B8f6MqDTEeOIZ-r7UEsVTAgTj3_MKFz3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16817139026&cm_sp=
I understand if want to go ahead and put your rig together and it won't hurt if you use your 800w PSU, just trying to save you some cash so you can put it towards audio.
extreme overkill on the PSU was by design to help keep it quiet, the fan on that psu will never come on (in theory) if I don't pull more than 400 watts-ishpost #8928 of 102312/28/14 at 5:45pm
There was 2 movies, I can't remember which one they are, but they both had time bombs that had liquid in them. I want to say GI Joe and I think it was a movie with Vin Diesel. It looks a lot like your computer.post #8929 of 102313/1/14 at 7:06am
Music Server in Streacom FC8 chassis
Heat sink tube
Mounting on cover
Music SSD and USB card
Pico box and SATA cable
120W Linear PSU
Heavy metal chassis approx 7kgs weight
150VA(150W) power transformer
"Windows Server 2012 R2" with "AudiophileOptimizer (AO) by highend-audiopc.com"post #8930 of 102313/1/14 at 10:34ampost #8931 of 102313/1/14 at 10:39ampost #8932 of 102313/1/14 at 10:50amQuote:
I think it's a hollow metal tube. If you look really closely you can just see the outline of the edges on the piece of cloth or whatever it is covering it.post #8933 of 102313/1/14 at 11:39am
Edited by Mojo777 - 3/1/14 at 12:01pmpost #8934 of 102313/1/14 at 7:20pmQuote:
I doubt it - the white material is probably thermal tape, and the cylinder I believe is solid. The CPU used is a low power Ivy Bridge Xeon so the cooling requirements are not the same as high power models or Haswell models.
The ability for the metal block to dissipate heat is not important, it is connected to the chassis which would provide a lot of the cooling.
Not sure I could live with only 64 GB of stored music though.post #8935 of 102313/2/14 at 5:17pmpost #8936 of 102313/2/14 at 6:32pmQuote:
Yeah, it's a terrible cooler. I have my doubts on it working at all. Unless of course there is some sort of a cooling loop in it, or it transfers the heat to some actual cooler. But the volume of metal there... it's still not very efficient.post #8937 of 102313/2/14 at 7:02pmpost #8938 of 102313/2/14 at 7:29pmpost #8939 of 102313/2/14 at 7:48pmpost #8940 of 102313/3/14 at 5:38am
It is not very efficient but it works.
I have tested many CPU,
i7-4770 TPD84W after playing 720p video for 2hours,
It is not more than 40 degree.
The heat tube with EMI shield of CPU and vibration control of main board.
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 28 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Xelento! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › neutral solid state amp ideas 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suitable amp for Denon ah-d7000? 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear