LOL! I never thought of that but there is a resemblance.....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 596
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes you just use your hdmi or DVI output on your motherboard I/O panel. Also hate to spring this on you the day before install, but your PSU is extreme overkill. Your PC setup (minus the 760) will only pull a max of 200 watts from the wall. I would go with this Corsair 430w (for $19.99 after rebate) and that will cover plenty of upgrades you happen to do in the future, including a dedicated graphics card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=B8f6MqDTEeOIZ-r7UEsVTAgTj3_MKFz3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16817139026&cm_sp=
I understand if want to go ahead and put your rig together and it won't hurt if you use your 800w PSU, just trying to save you some cash so you can put it towards audio.
extreme overkill on the PSU was by design to help keep it quiet, the fan on that psu will never come on (in theory) if I don't pull more than 400 watts-ish
There was 2 movies, I can't remember which one they are, but they both had time bombs that had liquid in them. I want to say GI Joe and I think it was a movie with Vin Diesel. It looks a lot like your computer.
Music Server in Streacom FC8 chassis
Heat sink tube
Mounting on cover
Music SSD and USB card
Pico box and SATA cable
120W Linear PSU
Heavy metal chassis approx 7kgs weight
150VA(150W) power transformer
"Windows Server 2012 R2" with "AudiophileOptimizer (AO) by highend-audiopc.com"
I think it's a hollow metal tube. If you look really closely you can just see the outline of the edges on the piece of cloth or whatever it is covering it.
Edited by Mojo777 - 3/1/14 at 12:01pm
I doubt it - the white material is probably thermal tape, and the cylinder I believe is solid. The CPU used is a low power Ivy Bridge Xeon so the cooling requirements are not the same as high power models or Haswell models.
The ability for the metal block to dissipate heat is not important, it is connected to the chassis which would provide a lot of the cooling.
Not sure I could live with only 64 GB of stored music though.
Yeah, it's a terrible cooler. I have my doubts on it working at all. Unless of course there is some sort of a cooling loop in it, or it transfers the heat to some actual cooler. But the volume of metal there... it's still not very efficient.
It is not very efficient but it works.
I have tested many CPU,
i7-4770 TPD84W after playing 720p video for 2hours,
It is not more than 40 degree.
The heat tube with EMI shield of CPU and vibration control of main board.
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
- › Upgrading to good speakers. Please help newbie to understand a... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › Lossless vs 128kbps mp3 vs 320kbps mp3 blind test 1 minute ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 10 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 10 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 10 minutes ago
- › Is it better to upgrade directly to the STAX SR-009 or get the... 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3