LOL! I never thought of that but there is a resemblance.....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:05am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 596
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes you just use your hdmi or DVI output on your motherboard I/O panel. Also hate to spring this on you the day before install, but your PSU is extreme overkill. Your PC setup (minus the 760) will only pull a max of 200 watts from the wall. I would go with this Corsair 430w (for $19.99 after rebate) and that will cover plenty of upgrades you happen to do in the future, including a dedicated graphics card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=B8f6MqDTEeOIZ-r7UEsVTAgTj3_MKFz3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16817139026&cm_sp=
I understand if want to go ahead and put your rig together and it won't hurt if you use your 800w PSU, just trying to save you some cash so you can put it towards audio.
extreme overkill on the PSU was by design to help keep it quiet, the fan on that psu will never come on (in theory) if I don't pull more than 400 watts-ish
There was 2 movies, I can't remember which one they are, but they both had time bombs that had liquid in them. I want to say GI Joe and I think it was a movie with Vin Diesel. It looks a lot like your computer.
Music Server in Streacom FC8 chassis
Heat sink tube
Mounting on cover
Music SSD and USB card
Pico box and SATA cable
120W Linear PSU
Heavy metal chassis approx 7kgs weight
150VA(150W) power transformer
"Windows Server 2012 R2" with "AudiophileOptimizer (AO) by highend-audiopc.com"
I think it's a hollow metal tube. If you look really closely you can just see the outline of the edges on the piece of cloth or whatever it is covering it.
Edited by Mojo777 - 3/1/14 at 12:01pm
I doubt it - the white material is probably thermal tape, and the cylinder I believe is solid. The CPU used is a low power Ivy Bridge Xeon so the cooling requirements are not the same as high power models or Haswell models.
The ability for the metal block to dissipate heat is not important, it is connected to the chassis which would provide a lot of the cooling.
Not sure I could live with only 64 GB of stored music though.
Yeah, it's a terrible cooler. I have my doubts on it working at all. Unless of course there is some sort of a cooling loop in it, or it transfers the heat to some actual cooler. But the volume of metal there... it's still not very efficient.
It is not very efficient but it works.
I have tested many CPU,
i7-4770 TPD84W after playing 720p video for 2hours,
It is not more than 40 degree.
The heat tube with EMI shield of CPU and vibration control of main board.
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Nagra HD DAC 56 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Receivers/Integrated/Transports with BEST headphone jack? 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Switcher, selector, splitter, or whatchamacallit? 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 11 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)