Must_fill_Sata_ports. So much empty room, feels like a waste to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 581
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thinking more about this, they are probably not pops and clicks so much as dropouts. I'm guessing these are the result of data transfer issues and tend to be far more common if I'm trying to use my Surface 2 for something in addition to listening to music. Anyway, I'll have a microStreamer tomorrow evening and have my fingers crossed the problem goes away. Maybe the asynchronous communications will help? It's possible anyway.
That cable looks AMAZING, must cost a small fortune...
Coming together slowly. Tilted the Opals down a bit since this pic. Aim is to eventually have an iMac rather than a Mini + monitor, although ideally I'll probably wait until they do Retina/4K iMacs... might grab a 27" 1440p screen in the meantime though and update to a newer Mini LOL. Also need to sort out cabling, room treatment, lighting and a load of other stuff... least I have the DAC and speakers I want now, although the Opals are ultra efficient or something and I've had to order a couple of 20db in line attenuators as otherwise I'm having to go heavy on the NAD's digital volume to get reasonable listening levels.
Excellent choice there. If my Klein+Hummel O 300D's ever die on me, the Opals would be very high on my list of candidates as replacement. For a pair that costs so much less than the O 300D's, it's gotten the same level of rave reviews across the board in the pro audio circle. I've yet to hear them myself, but all the reviewers I trust loved the Opals.
Sold the Xonar STX as well as the NAD C325 Bee and bought the new NAD D 3020 Hybrid amp.
Beautiful sound, better than the 325, more pure, more clarity and tighter bass extension.
Connected directly via async USB, and powering Tannoy V4 floorstanders and Senn HD595. aptX Bluetooth from the Galaxy Note 3 as well :)
Since I have my PS3 plugged into the PC monitor (27" 1440P) it made sense to route the audio via this as well. No more analogue!
As far as cabling goes, well it's digital so I didn't spend a fortune on it... QED 2m Performance Graphite USB interconnect, braided 5m toslink, CA thick gauge silver speaker cable + bananas:
Edited by mrk - 12/23/13 at 12:42pm
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
- › post your grado mods.... 28 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 55 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › HD800 vs HE1000/MHP1000 impressions. Suprises all around! 3 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2