Looks spensive Cotton. What monitors are you using?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: 12/8/16
- Foobar2000 A Guide To Set UpLast edited: 3/31/11
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 568post #8506 of 1023110/3/13 at 5:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8507 of 1023110/3/13 at 9:52pmpost #8508 of 1023110/4/13 at 6:29am
Got sick of my Evga x58 classified not booting most of the time and giving me errors indicating no Windows installation and not recognising my SSD and disconnecting my hard drives after a restart etc so this morning I got a new 2011 motherboard and an i7 4820k. WOW. 29c on the lowest core at stock settings (3.7ghz with HT on) under 100% load using Prime95 in a room at 20c. My i7 920 at 4ghz would go to about 53c with HT off and 60c with HT on and I thought that was great. Running a custom loop with an Alphacool 280mm Monsta push pull and a Magicool 2x180mm rad push only.post #8509 of 1023110/4/13 at 8:23ampost #8510 of 1023110/6/13 at 12:57pm
Updated setup as of few days ago. Dayton B652's with a Lepai LP-2020A+ (thx Head-Fi!) and my custom w/c loop 3930k in Asus Rampage IV Extreme =X Samson SR850's and my DSLR equip sitting in front/below the comp case.. picture kind of dark, cant see XD
Dayton SUB-1000 is on its way, delivers tomorrow ! Cant wait to see how it all sounds when it comes together :D
Love the sound as it is currently. Going to try these mods (http://www.cheapaudiophile.com/speakers/) in the near future.. hopefully it makes it even nicer ! I've looked up that there are mods for the Lepai but iunoe if i understand or will be able to do all those mods... not much with a full DIY instructions XD
Edited by iandroo888 - 10/6/13 at 1:00pmpost #8511 of 1023110/6/13 at 2:10pm
Lepai's one beast of an amp for the price. Sometimes I feel like I would like to sell my system, and buy cheaper system with a T-class amp again, just to see how good performance you can really get for such little money. Just for the hobby.post #8512 of 1023110/6/13 at 2:15pmpost #8513 of 1023110/6/13 at 8:48pmpost #8514 of 1023110/6/13 at 9:21pmpost #8515 of 1023110/6/13 at 10:15pmpost #8516 of 1023110/6/13 at 10:27pmQuote:
If it is working fine, I would just let it be. The quality control on these amps are hit and miss. You might get a buggy one in return. Try pulling the knob away from the face plate a little.post #8517 of 1023110/7/13 at 12:56amQuote:
I actually had similar problems on my Squire Stratocaster, I pulled of the volume knob on it and underneath I found some plastic/tape between the knob and the pick guard that was binding up the pot/knob. I cleaned it all out and it was good to go. So I'd pull off whatever knob it is and see what's down there.post #8518 of 1023110/7/13 at 12:59ampost #8519 of 1023110/7/13 at 1:12amQuote:
does the sound change while raising the volume.?
Edited by Johnnyhi - 10/7/13 at 1:19ampost #8520 of 1023110/7/13 at 6:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Cotton
I have six PCs at home, however these are the two I would say that I use the most aside from the two servers.
I game, therefor I am.
Kill-A-Watt > (2) Redundant Filtered BBUs > Essence STX > Isolator > KRK 10S > (2) KRK Rokit 5 G2 & (2) KRK Rokit 8 G2
Hometheater HD or ZxR cards on stand-by.
Swappable third 580 with the LSI 8-SSD raid 00:
TRI-SLI TITAN Portrait/Landscape Surround
Yeah... If I had the money for it...
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Singxer SU-1 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 5 minutes ago
- › The Headphone Driver Pics Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear