Looks spensive Cotton. What monitors are you using?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:05am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 568
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Got sick of my Evga x58 classified not booting most of the time and giving me errors indicating no Windows installation and not recognising my SSD and disconnecting my hard drives after a restart etc so this morning I got a new 2011 motherboard and an i7 4820k. WOW. 29c on the lowest core at stock settings (3.7ghz with HT on) under 100% load using Prime95 in a room at 20c. My i7 920 at 4ghz would go to about 53c with HT off and 60c with HT on and I thought that was great. Running a custom loop with an Alphacool 280mm Monsta push pull and a Magicool 2x180mm rad push only.
Updated setup as of few days ago. Dayton B652's with a Lepai LP-2020A+ (thx Head-Fi!) and my custom w/c loop 3930k in Asus Rampage IV Extreme =X Samson SR850's and my DSLR equip sitting in front/below the comp case.. picture kind of dark, cant see XD
Dayton SUB-1000 is on its way, delivers tomorrow ! Cant wait to see how it all sounds when it comes together :D
Love the sound as it is currently. Going to try these mods (http://www.cheapaudiophile.com/speakers/) in the near future.. hopefully it makes it even nicer ! I've looked up that there are mods for the Lepai but iunoe if i understand or will be able to do all those mods... not much with a full DIY instructions XD
Edited by iandroo888 - 10/6/13 at 1:00pm
Lepai's one beast of an amp for the price. Sometimes I feel like I would like to sell my system, and buy cheaper system with a T-class amp again, just to see how good performance you can really get for such little money. Just for the hobby.
Nice! That's pretty much my dream setup, with multiple monitors, rather then a TV. Very beautiful pictures.
If it is working fine, I would just let it be. The quality control on these amps are hit and miss. You might get a buggy one in return. Try pulling the knob away from the face plate a little.
I actually had similar problems on my Squire Stratocaster, I pulled of the volume knob on it and underneath I found some plastic/tape between the knob and the pick guard that was binding up the pot/knob. I cleaned it all out and it was good to go. So I'd pull off whatever knob it is and see what's down there.
does the sound change while raising the volume.?
Edited by Johnnyhi - 10/7/13 at 1:19am
I have six PCs at home, however these are the two I would say that I use the most aside from the two servers.
I game, therefor I am.
Kill-A-Watt > (2) Redundant Filtered BBUs > Essence STX > Isolator > KRK 10S > (2) KRK Rokit 5 G2 & (2) KRK Rokit 8 G2
Hometheater HD or ZxR cards on stand-by.
Swappable third 580 with the LSI 8-SSD raid 00:
TRI-SLI TITAN Portrait/Landscape Surround
Yeah... If I had the money for it...
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 48 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Soundcard for raising volume of V-Moda M100's, equivalent to FiiO E12 3 minutes ago
- › Senn HD 558 vs Fidelio X1 vs HiFiMan He 400 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Double Amping 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 6 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 7 minutes ago
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)