Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 541

post #8101 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Almost had the all-black award coming, but that keyboard and mouse have to go!! wink.gif

 

o2smile.gif

post #8102 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitary1 View Post

 

Nice setup. I really like those speakers. How good is Tubemagic A1 driving those speakers? Is that a quality amp?

post #8103 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by aras View Post

 

Nice setup. I really like those speakers. How good is Tubemagic A1 driving those speakers? Is that a quality amp?

Thanks.The A1 is really a find, does not get nearly enough press it deserves. It drives Wharfdale's very well in my small office, they replace a old Denon integrated amp, and blows it away. The headphone stage is more of find , pure tube (while the integrated amp is a hybrid) use with Raytheon 6AK5W tubes. It is at least as good as Little Dot MKIII (not as good as X-Can v8).


Edited by Solitary1 - 6/5/13 at 5:39pm
post #8104 of 9361

New M-DAC came in. bigsmile_face.gif

 

 

post #8105 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekadds View Post

New M-DAC came in. bigsmile_face.gif

 

 

It's like impossible to get my hands on an Audiolab M-DAC. But nice setup nonethless!

 

Btw, what stands are those for your speakers!?


Edited by qqexpress - 3/25/13 at 8:59pm
post #8106 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqexpress View Post

It's like impossible to get my hands on an Audiolab M-DAC. But nice setup nonethless!

 

Btw, what stands are those for your speakers!?

 

Thanks! And I know, I know: I am covering the vents of my new toy. 

 

The speaker stands are from Guitar Center. I believe they are the Musician's Gear SMS-6000 model. 

post #8107 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitary1 View Post

Thanks.The A1 is really a find, does not get nearly enough press it deserves. It drives Wharfdale's very well in my small office, they replace a old Denon integrated amp, and blows it away. The headphone stage is more of find , pure tube (while the integrated amp is a hybrid) use with Raytheon 6AK5W tubes. It is at least as good a Little Dot MKIII (not as good as X-Can v8).

Agreed- the A1 is a great deal- $200 to drive my speakers and headphones.  Once you upgrade the tubes it is very good for the price!

post #8108 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

What monitor mount is that?

 

Sorry for the late reply, it's a Humanscale M8.
 

post #8109 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post

 

Sorry for the late reply, it's a Humanscale M8.
 

 

Hmm very nice! Monitor mount is definitely next on my list of upgrades. This way I can keep the vents of the M-DAC free. Any suggestions for my dual-monitor setup shown above? My concerns are: I need both monitors to articulate, the space between my desk and the wall, and hopefully cheaper than those Humanscale mounts.

post #8110 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekadds View Post

 

Hmm very nice! Monitor mount is definitely next on my list of upgrades. This way I can keep the vents of the M-DAC free. Any suggestions for my dual-monitor setup shown above? My concerns are: I need both monitors to articulate, the space between my desk and the wall, and hopefully cheaper than those Humanscale mounts.

Dell Dual monitor mount-anodized aluminium and steel.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=332-1236

post #8111 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Dell Dual monitor mount-anodized aluminium and steel.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=332-1236

 

I was considering that stand so I can reclaim some table space with my 2 x 24" monitors sitting on my fairly shallow L-shaped desk.  Seems well made.  

post #8112 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekadds View Post

 

Hmm very nice! Monitor mount is definitely next on my list of upgrades. This way I can keep the vents of the M-DAC free. Any suggestions for my dual-monitor setup shown above? My concerns are: I need both monitors to articulate, the space between my desk and the wall, and hopefully cheaper than those Humanscale mounts.

 

Well, you mentioned cost, but the M8 is really the best monitor arm on the market. It can support a load of 40lbs and still glide with ease. Humanscale makes a Crossbar accessory for the M8 for dual monitors. It also uses a proprietary spring assembly design for the lift instead of a cheaper gas cylinder so it will last longer and is more durable. The M8 Crossbar allows you to slide, tilt, pivot, and swivel each monitor so you've got a big range of adjustibility.

 

The cost is worth it, these arms have a 10-year parts & labor warranty.


Edited by Greyson - 3/27/13 at 4:01pm
post #8113 of 9361

My current set-up

 

 

post #8114 of 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

I also had the brown switches, but I did like the blues better. However those blues are way too loud man. Especially if you live in a studio appartment with your girlfriend. 

 

I ended up with the reds, and quite like them. I do have to get used to the attenuation point because I still bottom out.

O-ring dampeners help with the bottoming out and the noise.

 

post #8115 of 9361

I've posted before a couple years ago but have done upgrades since. My rig is as follows:

 

Case- Corsair 700D

Motherboard- Asus P67

CPU- Intel 2600k @ Stock Clock/ Asetek Liquid Cooler system

RAM- 16GB Corsair DDR3 @ 1600MHz w/Corsair RAM Fan

GPU- X2 Nvidia GTX EVGA 660Ti Superclocked FTW Edition w/3GB of VRAM in SLI (Nobody needs 6GB of VRAM but I have to compensate for my small penis somehow)

Soundcard- Creative ZxR (installed 3 days ago. LOVE this card. Powers my DT880 superbly)

HDD- Seagate 1.5TB 7200RPM for OS/ X4 2TB Seagate drives for storage (9&1/2 TB total)

Display- 52" Sharp Quattron LED HDTV

Sound- Yamaha 5.1 (old and soon to be upgraded)

Keyboard/Mouse- Razer Lycosa Keyboard and Razer Mamba Mouse

Gamepad- Razer Onza

Wheel- Logitech G27 (love me some sim racing)

Main PC Headphone- Beyerdynamic DT880 and as stated above, the ZxR soundcard powers it fantastically.

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!