Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 535

post #8011 of 9459

Picked up a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid keyboard today (blue switches). I now understand why everyone raves about mechanical keyboards smily_headphones1.gif Never going back to rubber domes.

post #8012 of 9459
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post

Picked up a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid keyboard today (blue switches). I now understand why everyone raves about mechanical keyboards smily_headphones1.gif Never going back to rubber domes.

Aah nice :D

 

I ordered a qpad mk-50 with red switches.

 

Blues are too noisy for my living environment, and I didn't like the browns that much. I thought they felt a bit cheaper than the blues. More crunchy than clicky. 

I liked the blacks I tried in the shop, but they were a bit heavy. So reds it is!

post #8013 of 9459
Today amazon delivered a couple of relatively cheap 120Hz monitors for triple screen racing. Such fun biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post

Picked up a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid keyboard today (blue switches). I now understand why everyone raves about mechanical keyboards smily_headphones1.gif
 Never going back to rubber domes.
Nice. I have a Leopold tenkeyless with blacks and an Adesso numpad with blues. Couldn't be happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danne View Post

A little update. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I love it.
Edited by Draygonn - 3/8/13 at 10:57pm
post #8014 of 9459
Quote:
Originally Posted by smogsy View Post

 

list of stuff:
Imac 27"
2.8GHz Extreme Edition
8GB RAM
2TB HDD
HD4850 512MB
2560x1440
OSX Snow Leopard

Windows 7
I7 3770k @ 4.4ghz
MSI Mpower
12GB of DDR 1600mhz ram
7970 3GB
2x 120GB SSD

2x 3TB

1X 1TB
ASUS Xonar STX
30" 2560x1600

1000w Cosair


Linux Backup:
Althon II 2.8ghz
4GB DDR3 RAM
1TB x4
ATI CHIPSET
22"inch Screen
1650x1050

Macbook
Core 2 Duo 2.2
4GB RAM
120GB HD
Intel X3100

Other Stuff:
Playstation Slim 250GB
Pansonic Bluray 3D

SKY HD 1TB


Cambridge Audio DAC
NAD BEE315 AMP
Morduant Short mezzo 2's

 

Netgear DGN3700

Virgin Media Router For 2nd BB connection
NETGEAR 16 Gigabit Switch
Ipod Touch 4
1TB HD USB
Sony Digital PhotoFrame

 

 

since then speakers stands + akg 702s! :D

 

Nice setup.

post #8015 of 9459

I had a Razer BlackWidow (Ultimate) mechanical keyboard for a while. I got it mostly for the backlight but I thought I might as well see what all the hype was with mechanical keyboards (I got mine shortly after it came out). It was nice. A bit loud, but I didn't care all that much. It made typing on phone calls even worse than it was though, but that wasn't a common occurrence anyway. I had it for maybe over 6 months, and a family friend bought it off me for $100 because it looked cool. Hey, $100 out of $130 I paid, and I could use the cash more than the pretty keyboard. I'm now back on a  beige however-old Logitech PS/2 keyboard and I don't really care that much. I also was switching from the mechanical to my laptop keyboard for school (and from full mouse to little red nub; it was a Lenovo X200 Thinkpad Tablet w/o touchpad or touchscreen) and I didn't notice the difference much. I guess some people appreciate it more than others; I'm not picky. Maybe someday when it makes more financial sense (even $50 is hard for me to justify at the moment) I'll try again with a better keyboard. Cheers beerchug.gif

post #8016 of 9459
Quote:
Originally Posted by danne View Post

A little update.

 

 

I just ordered that desk last week! Paying $588(CAD) locally, authorized HM dealer to, I went with black frosted laminate for the back piece though.

post #8017 of 9459
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelIish View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by danne View Post

A little update.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

I just ordered that desk last week! Paying $588(CAD) locally, authorized HM dealer to, I went with black frosted laminate for the back piece though.

Sweet WA22!

post #8018 of 9459

Just went from this...

 

 

 

 

 

To this....

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'd get better monitors but i live in an apartment 8(

post #8019 of 9459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony6225 View Post

Just went from this...

 

 

 

 

 

To this....

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'd get better monitors but i live in an apartment 8(

 

I dig it, and I think you could get away with something like the KRK Rokit 5's. They do not have super great extension in bass, but a great sounding speaker. I have the Rokit 8's, but I live in a house so, my neighbors do not really hear me. 

 

Oh by the way, what software are you running on your computer?

post #8020 of 9459

Get some stands to raise the monitors off the desk, it does wonders.

post #8021 of 9459
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRH View Post

 

I dig it, and I think you could get away with something like the KRK Rokit 5's. They do not have super great extension in bass, but a great sounding speaker. I have the Rokit 8's, but I live in a house so, my neighbors do not really hear me. 

 

Oh by the way, what software are you running on your computer?

Thx bro. The Rokit 5's are a tiny upgrade from the AV40's. Neither of them extend low enough for my tastes and the AV40's are less than half the price. Not to mention, I can only play low volume until I get a house for my speakers then Ill probably grab some Mackie 8's. Right now I'm just running Serato DJ and FL Studio. I'm still in the learning stages. Any advice?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post

Get some stands to raise the monitors off the desk, it does wonders.

 

I'm trying to think of something cheap I can do that with. It's not even worth paying more than a couple bucks in my current situation. Might just use a couple bricks.

post #8022 of 9459
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelIish View Post

 

 

I just ordered that desk last week! Paying $588(CAD) locally, authorized HM dealer to, I went with black frosted laminate for the back piece though.

 

Great purchase, I love the desk!

However HM does not sell it in the EU, so I had to arrange an import from the US to Sweden, so it got a tad bit more expensive, worth it though. wink.gif

post #8023 of 9459

in the process of upgrading my rig. Moving it to a Caselabs SM8 case (black exterior, white interior). Still rocking the i5 2500K, but getting a second 7970. I'm gonna fully watercool it and keep with a black/white/copper theme

post #8024 of 9459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony6225 View Post

Thx bro. The Rokit 5's are a tiny upgrade from the AV40's. Neither of them extend low enough for my tastes and the AV40's are less than half the price. Not to mention, I can only play low volume until I get a house for my speakers then Ill probably grab some Mackie 8's. Right now I'm just running Serato DJ and FL Studio. I'm still in the learning stages. Any advice?

 

I'm trying to think of something cheap I can do that with. It's not even worth paying more than a couple bucks in my current situation. Might just use a couple bricks.

A cheapish sub could tide you over until you can get some monitors with larger drivers.

post #8025 of 9459
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle90 View Post

in the process of upgrading my rig. Moving it to a Caselabs SM8 case (black exterior, white interior). Still rocking the i5 2500K, but getting a second 7970. I'm gonna fully watercool it and keep with a black/white/copper theme

 

Mmmm water.

 

Please don't use a Corsair H50 and tell me your computer is "water cooled" though ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!