Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 512

post #7666 of 9238

Yeah I believe it should allow you around 15 or 20 posts? I dont remember.

post #7667 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakarujakpala View Post

This thread makes me want to clean my messy table and build a really nice rig. Currently my rig is, well, not that good. I don't have a monitor (last one is broken), and I use my 32" TV for temporary monitor. As for the audio section, I only have Focusrite Scarlett 212i and 1st gen KRK Rokit Powered 5". My only cans is Sennheiser HD215 that almost died. So yeah that's that.

 

Anyway, I can't post pictures. Is it because this is my first post?

PC's connected to TV's have really low response time.

post #7668 of 9238

700

 

700

 

700

post #7669 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

PC's connected to TV's have really low response time.

It's only a temporary monitor but I don't really notice the different.tongue_smile.gif See, my old monitor was an old 1440x900 samsung monitor, so yeah, my tv was kinda an upgrade. I hope I can get a really nice led monitor next year.

post #7670 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakarujakpala View Post

It's only a temporary monitor but I don't really notice the different.tongue_smile.gif See, my old monitor was an old 1440x900 samsung monitor, so yeah, my tv was kinda an upgrade. I hope I can get a really nice led monitor next year.

Haha, but Samsung makes really great monitor/T.V.'s

If you could, try grabbing a 2MS response time. It helps in gaming. If budget isn't too much of an issue, 120hz monitor is way better than a 60hz one.

 

For example, instead of buying a second graphic card for SLI or Crossfire, you will notice a lot more improvement jumping for 60hz to 120hz

 

Tim

post #7671 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

Haha, but Samsung makes really great monitor/T.V.'s

If you could, try grabbing a 2MS response time. It helps in gaming. If budget isn't too much of an issue, 120hz monitor is way better than a 60hz one.

 

For example, instead of buying a second graphic card for SLI or Crossfire, you will notice a lot more improvement jumping for 60hz to 120hz

 

Tim

 

I had to choose between a 2560x1440 IPS monitor ot 1080p TN 120hz monitor. I can see the 120hz being useful on the competitive scene, but for personal use I think I prefer the higher resolution fidelity and colour accuracy when just enjoying games. I suppose it's all preference, something to think about though.

post #7672 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltocliousus View Post

 

I had to choose between a 2560x1440 IPS monitor ot 1080p TN 120hz monitor. I can see the 120hz being useful on the competitive scene, but for personal use I think I prefer the higher resolution fidelity and colour accuracy when just enjoying games. I suppose it's all preference, something to think about though.


or get the best of both worlds from overlord computer

post #7673 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post


or get the best of both worlds from overlord computer

 

I do believe 85hz is the maximum you can get at 2560x1600 on a digital signal (DVI/displayport), have they started selling the Overlord monitors? If my mind serves me right, they're Catleap/Yamakasi monitors modified to output the higher refresh rate.

post #7674 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltocliousus View Post

 

I had to choose between a 2560x1440 IPS monitor ot 1080p TN 120hz monitor. I can see the 120hz being useful on the competitive scene, but for personal use I think I prefer the higher resolution fidelity and colour accuracy when just enjoying games. I suppose it's all preference, something to think about though.

 

What's your current GPU? Do you think a single 680 can run modern games on 2560*1440?

I'm really interested in high resolution screen more than 120hz screen, but I don't think today's GPU is up for it yet (?) 

post #7675 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltocliousus View Post

 

I do believe 85hz is the maximum you can get at 2560x1600 on a digital signal (DVI/displayport), have they started selling the Overlord monitors? If my mind serves me right, they're Catleap/Yamakasi monitors modified to output the higher refresh rate.

Not many can run at 85.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakarujakpala View Post

 

What's your current GPU? Do you think a single 680 can run modern games on 2560*1440?

I'm really interested in high resolution screen more than 120hz screen, but I don't think today's GPU is up for it yet (?) 

GTX 680 can run that resolution at around 30-40FPS if you're playing something like Battlefield 3 on Ultra.

I have two overclocked GTX 680's and run it at 70FPS.

Just a standard screen with higher than 120hz won't help with games as they have various delays through their signal path.

 

Tim

post #7676 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakarujakpala View Post

 

What's your current GPU? Do you think a single 680 can run modern games on 2560*1440?

I'm really interested in high resolution screen more than 120hz screen, but I don't think today's GPU is up for it yet (?) 

 

I'm using a single 670, I haven't found a game I can't max at 2560x1440 yet, that's without anti-aliasing which I don't need at this resolution anyway, but I tend to use none or 2-4x depending on the game.


Edited by eltocliousus - 12/25/12 at 2:23am
post #7677 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltocliousus View Post

 

I'm using a single 670, I haven't found a game I can't max at 2560x1440 yet, that's without anti-aliasing which I don't need at this resolution anyway, but I tend to use none or 2-4x depending on the game.

 

Haven't found a game to max on at that resolution? Think again, Metro 2033.

Nvidia does a lot worst in that section versus AMD cards.

 

Tim

post #7678 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

 

Haven't found a game to max on at that resolution? Think again, Metro 2033.

Nvidia does a lot worst in that section versus AMD cards.

 

Tim

 

I can play it on Very high (max), Dx11 at 1440p, no anti-aliasing however but I don't count AA into "maxing" a game, as most of the time it can go to stupid levels. One of the best FPS I've played since STALKER, cannot wait for Last Light.

post #7679 of 9238

Computer rig Page 1 From Left- Rek-O-Kut CVS14 TT for 78s and very old mono LPs; Linn Sondek LP12/Cirkus/Lingo/Trampolin/Ittok/Lyra Delos; Audio Research SP11 preamp; Nakamichi Dragon; Panasonic SV-3800 DAT; On Desk- ALO PanAM and Audeze LCD3; tc electronic passive volume control attached between RME AIO card and custom monitors.

 

1000

post #7680 of 9238

Computer 2ig Page 2 From Left

Revox A77 1/4 track 3.75/7.5 ips; Revox A77 1/2 track 7.5 / 15 ips. 1 to 10 DVD/CD duplicator; Microboards PF Pro disc printer. Not seen - Sony Beta FI recorder for restoration early digital tapes.

 

1000

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!