Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 509

post #7621 of 9238

Here, this is how my setup evolved over the last 4 years

 

2010

 

 

2011 prior to toe'ing them in to compensate for narrow axis.

Post toe in

 


 
2012

 


Edited by corelement - 11/30/12 at 8:59pm
post #7622 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by corelement View Post
LOL don't need to beg! 

 

um, what would you like to know? Want me to post a review on the forum somewhere?

 

Yeah the case is pretty good, the 5850's about the biggest video card it can fit. It's not a bad performer so I have no complaints. The best part is I picked up a new piece for just 40$ off ebay. New it was 300usd!

LOL just a figure of speech. How is in terms of sound, specifically? I've been looking for loudspeakers myself, and have considered brands like B&W, Wharfedale, KEF, and even PSB, but never really read into Jamo loudspeakers.

 

destroysall.

post #7623 of 9238

Honestly, I would say avoid Jamo like the plague except the following models below

 

Pre klipsch takeover era 

Concert 8 / D830 bookshelf  <- 3000$ priceband originally but pops up on ebay for 500$ sometimes

Concert 11 / D870 floorstander

D7 LCR THX sealed home theatre speakers

 

Post klipsch takeover

Concert 803 bookshelf

Concert 809 floorstander

R909 open baffle floorstander

 

As far as B&W bookshelves, other than the 805 series, I suggest not looking at any other bookshelf from them.

 

My greatest complaint about Wharfedale is their lack of transparency in cheaper bookshelves and over-complexity in more expensive bookshelves such as their jade series.

 

Kef Q300, XQ20 and Ref 201/2 bookshelves are good.

 

PSB I have not heard so I cannot comment.

 

You also have the option of looking at Usher BE-718.

 

Monitor Audio GX100 is also good.

 

Paradigm Studio 20

 

Harbeth bookshelves around 2500-3000 

 

Dynaudio contour and confidence

 

Yamaha Ns-1000

 

Quad 11L

 

Quad 12L

 

Sonus Faber Concertino

 

Sonus Faber Concerto

you can consider all of the above, all excellent bookshelf speakers. What exactly is your budget though? I can help you decide and stuff through chat if you have facebook or msn or skype.


Edited by corelement - 11/30/12 at 10:06pm
post #7624 of 9238

My dealer swears by those Quad 12Ls. One of if not his favorite speaker under 5k.

 

Still haven't heard them myself. 

post #7625 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by corelement View Post

you can consider all of the above, all excellent bookshelf speakers. What exactly is your budget though? I can help you decide and stuff through chat if you have facebook or msn or skype.

I initially wanted to start at around $500-$1000 for loudspeakers. I preferred floor standers more though.

 

destroysall.

post #7626 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by corelement View Post

Honestly, I would say avoid Jamo like the plague except the following models below

 

Pre klipsch takeover era 

Concert 8 / D830 bookshelf  <- 3000$ priceband originally but pops up on ebay for 500$ sometimes

Concert 11 / D870 floorstander

D7 LCR THX sealed home theatre speakers

 

Post klipsch takeover

Concert 803 bookshelf

Concert 809 floorstander

R909 open baffle floorstander

I agree with that and would add Totem Dreamcatchers to the list

post #7627 of 9238

A Good bookshelf is better than an average floorstander. The only thing you'd miss is the additional bass. 

 

That being said, I think I've just found a great deal you should consider. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/2-Way-Speaker-System-Theater-Apple/dp/B00409OZTY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

 

Only 550 usd damn, I remember when these were 1400.

 

This is the lower model of the pre klipsch era d830 bookshelves, the d430. It uses high quality vifa dual ring radiator tweeter and a wood fibre cone. The tweeter can go up to 40,000hz (most others do 20000) which most are not aware of. 4ohm with phase plugs. 

 

Should give you quite neutral and nice sound, not to mention they're a unique danish design which one does not see very often. This was made in Denmark like my d830s, the present generation is made in china like almost all other speakers today. Don't expect a lot of bass though, if you're a basshead then bookshelves wont do, or you'll have to include a subwoofer. 

 

 

 

 

The concert 803 on the other hand probably wont have as good high range extension but the 803's low freq extension and excursion is as good as a floorstander. You wont believe the sounds coming from a bookshelf speaker

 

http://www.amazon.com/Jamo-C803-Stereo-Surround-Speakers/dp/B0010HFLHY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1354390931&sr=8-5&keywords=jamo+concert

 

 

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by gidion27 View Post

I agree with that and would add Totem Dreamcatchers to the list

 

Aha I had forgotten about those,

 

I also forgot to mention ProAC EPOS and ATC but im not familiar with speakers and what price brackets their speakers are. So maybe someone else can fill in. 

 

Hmm I think this is derailing this thread. Maybe destroysall should make a thread and we can all suggest :)


Edited by corelement - 12/1/12 at 11:53am
post #7628 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by corelement View Post

A Good bookshelf is better than an average floorstander. The only thing you'd miss is the additional bass. 

 

That being said, I think I've just found a great deal you should consider. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/2-Way-Speaker-System-Theater-Apple/dp/B00409OZTY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

 

Only 550 usd damn, I remember when these were 1400.

 

This is the lower model of the pre klipsch era d830 bookshelves, the d430. It uses high quality vifa dual ring radiator tweeter and a wood fibre cone. The tweeter can go up to 40,000hz (most others do 20000) which most are not aware of. 4ohm with phase plugs. 

 

Should give you quite neutral and nice sound, not to mention they're a unique danish design which one does not see very often. This was made in Denmark like my d830s, the present generation is made in china like almost all other speakers today. Don't expect a lot of bass though, if you're a basshead then bookshelves wont do, or you'll have to include a subwoofer. 

 

The concert 803 on the other hand probably wont have as good high range extension but the 803's low freq extension and excursion is as good as a floorstander. You wont believe the sounds coming from a bookshelf speaker

 

http://www.amazon.com/Jamo-C803-Stereo-Surround-Speakers/dp/B0010HFLHY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1354390931&sr=8-5&keywords=jamo+concert

 

Aha I had forgotten about those,

 

I also forgot to mention ProAC EPOS and ATC but im not familiar with speakers and what price brackets their speakers are. So maybe someone else can fill in. 

 

Hmm I think this is derailing this thread. Maybe destroysall should make a thread and we can all suggest :)

Does the D430's dynamic range (based upon the tweeter) make the loudspeaker pair bright in sound? I did hear some of the current Klipsch models and they were almost sibilant to me.

 

ProAC are actually very nice speakers, but they crave a decent amount of space from the wall to really "work their magic". On a side note, I shall post a thread. 

 

Destroysall.

post #7629 of 9238

But, I'm sure the guy find everything!

post #7630 of 9238

 

 

 

 

 

 

(the last two picture are little outdated, i've a different case and psu now...)


Edited by Dreaming Of A Better ... - 12/6/12 at 10:36pm
post #7631 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming Of A Better ... View Post

 

 

 

 

 

Pictures like this one make me want to get back to tower building.

post #7632 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIGF View Post

 

Pictures like this one make me want to get back to tower building.

 

With the modern mid to full size towers providing cable organization help, it really is a lot of fun.  I just built a new computer for myself a couple of months ago when my old one died, and there were many thoughtful holes and spaces in my Corsair 550D case to have a tidier computer without all the cables all over the place like I used to leave them. 

post #7633 of 9238

1000

 

Nubert nuPro A-10 speaker - DSP - digital Crossover - active - 12cm driver/19mm tweeter - 52 - 22000hZ - build in USB DAC - bass/highs/mids adjusments

Objective DAC

FiiO E17

Phonak PFE232

Sennheiser PX100II not it the picture

post #7634 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming Of A Better ... View Post

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

(the last two picture are little outdated, i've a different case and psu now...)

Sweeet gennies, are those 8020's or even 8030's?

post #7635 of 9238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming Of A Better ... View Post

 

 

 

 

 

(the last two picture are little outdated, i've a different case and psu now...)

 

Perfect cabling and minimalistic desktop with HAWKEN in the background. So awesome. Great to see another Dell monitor owner :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!