Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 497
Gear mentioned in this thread:
by choice. if i put them side by side without a gap, the monitors are just too close to my face. i just prefer it furthest away from me. also i double the stand in the middle to sometimes hold my leather bracelets lol
Upgraded fans (probably the best 140mm fans for air-cooling period):
Cable management still sucks (curse of the Sugo):
4.4GHz/1.27v 2700K "upgraded" to 4.3GHz/1.2v 3770K.
What temps do you get under load?
My desk is in the living room area currently. New furniture is coming into the living room this month and immense renovations to it will take place soon after. Thus, this will be the last of this setup as it stands today and the desk itself will also be replaced. Apologies for quality of photo.
Edited by Destroysall - 10/21/12 at 5:50pm
Temps on 3770K are almost irrelevent as a comparison due to the shoddy TIM Intel used between the die and IHS. Two chips on the same cooling might be 30C different under load.
Easy enough to cut the IHS off with a razor though ;)
Indeed. After all, it's not like Intel has any need to use substandard TIMs. I'm still quite satisfied with Sandy Bridge performance, so I'm going to hold off upgrading at least a couple of generations, unless Haswell is mindblowing, something that's likely not going to happen due to artificial performance limits, similar to what happened on Ivy Bridge due to the lack of competition from AMD after the whole Bulldozer debocle.
In any case, I always feel a certain discomfort when seeing high performance parts on such small form factor cases, it's unnatural!
surprisingly they are. i also put a thin strip of foam on them to help reduce any vibrations
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 38 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › How many DAPs do you have? 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 4 minutes ago
- › IEM Cases for storage and carry. 4 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 6 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...