Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 497
Gear mentioned in this thread:
by choice. if i put them side by side without a gap, the monitors are just too close to my face. i just prefer it furthest away from me. also i double the stand in the middle to sometimes hold my leather bracelets lol
Upgraded fans (probably the best 140mm fans for air-cooling period):
Cable management still sucks (curse of the Sugo):
4.4GHz/1.27v 2700K "upgraded" to 4.3GHz/1.2v 3770K.
What temps do you get under load?
My desk is in the living room area currently. New furniture is coming into the living room this month and immense renovations to it will take place soon after. Thus, this will be the last of this setup as it stands today and the desk itself will also be replaced. Apologies for quality of photo.
Edited by Destroysall - 10/21/12 at 5:50pm
Temps on 3770K are almost irrelevent as a comparison due to the shoddy TIM Intel used between the die and IHS. Two chips on the same cooling might be 30C different under load.
Easy enough to cut the IHS off with a razor though ;)
Indeed. After all, it's not like Intel has any need to use substandard TIMs. I'm still quite satisfied with Sandy Bridge performance, so I'm going to hold off upgrading at least a couple of generations, unless Haswell is mindblowing, something that's likely not going to happen due to artificial performance limits, similar to what happened on Ivy Bridge due to the lack of competition from AMD after the whole Bulldozer debocle.
In any case, I always feel a certain discomfort when seeing high performance parts on such small form factor cases, it's unnatural!
surprisingly they are. i also put a thin strip of foam on them to help reduce any vibrations
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 50 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 56 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Post CanJam cynicism. 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Grado SR225e with Earzonk G-Cush and stock pads 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro - inc shipping to CA 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2