Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: 12/8/16
- Foobar2000 A Guide To Set UpLast edited: 3/31/11
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 497post #7441 of 1018810/20/12 at 5:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7442 of 1018810/20/12 at 5:21pmpost #7443 of 1018810/21/12 at 1:18ampost #7444 of 1018810/21/12 at 11:09ampost #7445 of 1018810/21/12 at 11:18ampost #7446 of 1018810/21/12 at 11:24ampost #7447 of 1018810/21/12 at 11:41ampost #7448 of 1018810/21/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
by choice. if i put them side by side without a gap, the monitors are just too close to my face. i just prefer it furthest away from me. also i double the stand in the middle to sometimes hold my leather bracelets lolpost #7449 of 1018810/21/12 at 1:24pmpost #7450 of 1018810/21/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
Upgraded fans (probably the best 140mm fans for air-cooling period):
Cable management still sucks (curse of the Sugo):
4.4GHz/1.27v 2700K "upgraded" to 4.3GHz/1.2v 3770K.post #7451 of 1018810/21/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
What temps do you get under load?post #7452 of 1018810/21/12 at 5:48pm
My desk is in the living room area currently. New furniture is coming into the living room this month and immense renovations to it will take place soon after. Thus, this will be the last of this setup as it stands today and the desk itself will also be replaced. Apologies for quality of photo.
Edited by Destroysall - 10/21/12 at 5:50pmpost #7453 of 1018810/21/12 at 11:42pm
Temps on 3770K are almost irrelevent as a comparison due to the shoddy TIM Intel used between the die and IHS. Two chips on the same cooling might be 30C different under load.
Easy enough to cut the IHS off with a razor though ;)post #7454 of 1018810/21/12 at 11:46pmQuote:
Indeed. After all, it's not like Intel has any need to use substandard TIMs. I'm still quite satisfied with Sandy Bridge performance, so I'm going to hold off upgrading at least a couple of generations, unless Haswell is mindblowing, something that's likely not going to happen due to artificial performance limits, similar to what happened on Ivy Bridge due to the lack of competition from AMD after the whole Bulldozer debocle.
In any case, I always feel a certain discomfort when seeing high performance parts on such small form factor cases, it's unnatural!post #7455 of 1018810/22/12 at 12:58amQuote:
surprisingly they are. i also put a thin strip of foam on them to help reduce any vibrations
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)
- › Audeze LCD-4 7 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 45 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Entreq: $9,000 for a Wood Box of Dirt 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear