Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 497
Gear mentioned in this thread:
by choice. if i put them side by side without a gap, the monitors are just too close to my face. i just prefer it furthest away from me. also i double the stand in the middle to sometimes hold my leather bracelets lol
Upgraded fans (probably the best 140mm fans for air-cooling period):
Cable management still sucks (curse of the Sugo):
4.4GHz/1.27v 2700K "upgraded" to 4.3GHz/1.2v 3770K.
What temps do you get under load?
My desk is in the living room area currently. New furniture is coming into the living room this month and immense renovations to it will take place soon after. Thus, this will be the last of this setup as it stands today and the desk itself will also be replaced. Apologies for quality of photo.
Edited by Destroysall - 10/21/12 at 5:50pm
Temps on 3770K are almost irrelevent as a comparison due to the shoddy TIM Intel used between the die and IHS. Two chips on the same cooling might be 30C different under load.
Easy enough to cut the IHS off with a razor though ;)
Indeed. After all, it's not like Intel has any need to use substandard TIMs. I'm still quite satisfied with Sandy Bridge performance, so I'm going to hold off upgrading at least a couple of generations, unless Haswell is mindblowing, something that's likely not going to happen due to artificial performance limits, similar to what happened on Ivy Bridge due to the lack of competition from AMD after the whole Bulldozer debocle.
In any case, I always feel a certain discomfort when seeing high performance parts on such small form factor cases, it's unnatural!
surprisingly they are. i also put a thin strip of foam on them to help reduce any vibrations
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG new headphone K545? 37 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 44 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Does a headphone amp change the linearity of a sound card's... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 5 minutes ago
- › WTB/WTT: Fostex T10 / T20v1 / T20v2 6 minutes ago
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3