Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 485
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Different MB need different power requrement & heat sink method
In order to load the MB into general audio equpiment chassis
I have to made the music server's chassis by myself
This CAT used Intel ATOM+ Nvidia ION MB
And coupled heat sinker with full aluminum chassis
To reduce vibration effects
I used 6mm aluminum board for bottom & 4mm for top
Additional 16mm aluminum board to strengthen the structure of chassis
Test result this CAT's temperature at 45 Celsius onfull speed(1080p video playing)
This MB used Intel M600 cpu
So I used different power supply & heat sink method
Found a Kenwood VR 6050 in the parking garage today near-ish to the dumpster. Figured I'd bring it home to see what's wrong with it. To my amazment, nothing. So far. Cosmetically, it's in perfect shape. I'm going to pick up a coaxial cable this weekend to go from my uDAC to it, and then use the 6050 as my headphone amp. I know, i know, the M50s don't really need one, but hell, it was free.
A dumpster???? Are you serious? That's pretty awesome man....nice....
Edited by hotdun - 8/3/12 at 12:28am
Awesome setup, Austin! Question though. Does having a balanced cable change the sound at all? I know cables can (arguably) differ in sound, but is it that different from using a normal TRS cable?
I don't know, seeing them both in person, I think the HD800 looks better. But different people will have different tastes in visual aesthetics.
I'm with ya there. It's just screams it's beauty in many ways. :)
(Photo is not mine.)
Edited by Destroysall - 8/3/12 at 1:47pm
I cant believe you own a M9. I am jealous as hell, I would to use that camera just once in my life.
Aha, no. My apologies, the photo is not mine as much as I'd like. My brother does own an M9 (I only own the M8), but I'm hoping I can own one for myself in the future very soon. :) Leica makes wonderful cameras and they are also very gorgeous.
Edited by Destroysall - 8/3/12 at 6:28pm
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 11 seconds ago
- › Ausdom ANC7 Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphone Impressions... 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 4 minutes ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for well-built, closed-back headphones under $300 7 minutes ago
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...