Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 485
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Different MB need different power requrement & heat sink method
In order to load the MB into general audio equpiment chassis
I have to made the music server's chassis by myself
This CAT used Intel ATOM+ Nvidia ION MB
And coupled heat sinker with full aluminum chassis
To reduce vibration effects
I used 6mm aluminum board for bottom & 4mm for top
Additional 16mm aluminum board to strengthen the structure of chassis
Test result this CAT's temperature at 45 Celsius onfull speed(1080p video playing)
This MB used Intel M600 cpu
So I used different power supply & heat sink method
Found a Kenwood VR 6050 in the parking garage today near-ish to the dumpster. Figured I'd bring it home to see what's wrong with it. To my amazment, nothing. So far. Cosmetically, it's in perfect shape. I'm going to pick up a coaxial cable this weekend to go from my uDAC to it, and then use the 6050 as my headphone amp. I know, i know, the M50s don't really need one, but hell, it was free.
A dumpster???? Are you serious? That's pretty awesome man....nice....
Edited by hotdun - 8/3/12 at 12:28am
Awesome setup, Austin! Question though. Does having a balanced cable change the sound at all? I know cables can (arguably) differ in sound, but is it that different from using a normal TRS cable?
I don't know, seeing them both in person, I think the HD800 looks better. But different people will have different tastes in visual aesthetics.
I'm with ya there. It's just screams it's beauty in many ways. :)
(Photo is not mine.)
Edited by Destroysall - 8/3/12 at 1:47pm
I cant believe you own a M9. I am jealous as hell, I would to use that camera just once in my life.
Aha, no. My apologies, the photo is not mine as much as I'd like. My brother does own an M9 (I only own the M8), but I'm hoping I can own one for myself in the future very soon. :) Leica makes wonderful cameras and they are also very gorgeous.
Edited by Destroysall - 8/3/12 at 6:28pm
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Using a SMSL M8 DAC with a Objective 2 amp 11 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › My DIY earphones 2 minutes ago
- › I just made a cheesesteak 4 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 5 minutes ago
- › Kennerton ODIN : the revelation 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3