Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:05am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 485
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Different MB need different power requrement & heat sink method
In order to load the MB into general audio equpiment chassis
I have to made the music server's chassis by myself
This CAT used Intel ATOM+ Nvidia ION MB
And coupled heat sinker with full aluminum chassis
To reduce vibration effects
I used 6mm aluminum board for bottom & 4mm for top
Additional 16mm aluminum board to strengthen the structure of chassis
Test result this CAT's temperature at 45 Celsius onfull speed(1080p video playing)
This MB used Intel M600 cpu
So I used different power supply & heat sink method
Found a Kenwood VR 6050 in the parking garage today near-ish to the dumpster. Figured I'd bring it home to see what's wrong with it. To my amazment, nothing. So far. Cosmetically, it's in perfect shape. I'm going to pick up a coaxial cable this weekend to go from my uDAC to it, and then use the 6050 as my headphone amp. I know, i know, the M50s don't really need one, but hell, it was free.
A dumpster???? Are you serious? That's pretty awesome man....nice....
Edited by hotdun - 8/3/12 at 12:28am
Awesome setup, Austin! Question though. Does having a balanced cable change the sound at all? I know cables can (arguably) differ in sound, but is it that different from using a normal TRS cable?
I don't know, seeing them both in person, I think the HD800 looks better. But different people will have different tastes in visual aesthetics.
I'm with ya there. It's just screams it's beauty in many ways. :)
(Photo is not mine.)
Edited by Destroysall - 8/3/12 at 1:47pm
I cant believe you own a M9. I am jealous as hell, I would to use that camera just once in my life.
Aha, no. My apologies, the photo is not mine as much as I'd like. My brother does own an M9 (I only own the M8), but I'm hoping I can own one for myself in the future very soon. :) Leica makes wonderful cameras and they are also very gorgeous.
Edited by Destroysall - 8/3/12 at 6:28pm
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Philips SHE3580/3590 vs Monoprice 8320/9927 vs SoundMagic E10 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso PB-2 (2.5W Headphone Amplifier) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 7 minutes ago
- › Grado SR125/i/e Appreciation / Impressions Thread!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)