Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:05am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 485
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Different MB need different power requrement & heat sink method
In order to load the MB into general audio equpiment chassis
I have to made the music server's chassis by myself
This CAT used Intel ATOM+ Nvidia ION MB
And coupled heat sinker with full aluminum chassis
To reduce vibration effects
I used 6mm aluminum board for bottom & 4mm for top
Additional 16mm aluminum board to strengthen the structure of chassis
Test result this CAT's temperature at 45 Celsius onfull speed(1080p video playing)
This MB used Intel M600 cpu
So I used different power supply & heat sink method
Found a Kenwood VR 6050 in the parking garage today near-ish to the dumpster. Figured I'd bring it home to see what's wrong with it. To my amazment, nothing. So far. Cosmetically, it's in perfect shape. I'm going to pick up a coaxial cable this weekend to go from my uDAC to it, and then use the 6050 as my headphone amp. I know, i know, the M50s don't really need one, but hell, it was free.
A dumpster???? Are you serious? That's pretty awesome man....nice....
Edited by hotdun - 8/3/12 at 12:28am
Awesome setup, Austin! Question though. Does having a balanced cable change the sound at all? I know cables can (arguably) differ in sound, but is it that different from using a normal TRS cable?
I don't know, seeing them both in person, I think the HD800 looks better. But different people will have different tastes in visual aesthetics.
I'm with ya there. It's just screams it's beauty in many ways. :)
(Photo is not mine.)
Edited by Destroysall - 8/3/12 at 1:47pm
I cant believe you own a M9. I am jealous as hell, I would to use that camera just once in my life.
Aha, no. My apologies, the photo is not mine as much as I'd like. My brother does own an M9 (I only own the M8), but I'm hoping I can own one for myself in the future very soon. :) Leica makes wonderful cameras and they are also very gorgeous.
Edited by Destroysall - 8/3/12 at 6:28pm
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Birthday present for me!! Budget 600$ Headphone/amp/dac setup for... 11 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 18 seconds ago
- › Sony ex1000 for sale 34 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 36 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 52 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Best bang for the buck headphone? 1 minute ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)