Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: 12/8/16
- Foobar2000 A Guide To Set UpLast edited: 3/31/11
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 485
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7262 of 101888/1/12 at 3:58pmpost #7263 of 101888/1/12 at 7:28pmpost #7264 of 101888/1/12 at 9:31pm
Different MB need different power requrement & heat sink method
In order to load the MB into general audio equpiment chassis
I have to made the music server's chassis by myself
This CAT used Intel ATOM+ Nvidia ION MB
And coupled heat sinker with full aluminum chassis
To reduce vibration effects
I used 6mm aluminum board for bottom & 4mm for top
Additional 16mm aluminum board to strengthen the structure of chassis
Test result this CAT's temperature at 45 Celsius onfull speed(1080p video playing)
This MB used Intel M600 cpu
So I used different power supply & heat sink methodpost #7265 of 101888/2/12 at 8:25ampost #7266 of 101888/2/12 at 9:10ampost #7267 of 101888/2/12 at 8:52pmpost #7268 of 101888/2/12 at 10:15pmpost #7269 of 101888/3/12 at 12:26amQuote:Originally Posted by J.Pocalypse
Found a Kenwood VR 6050 in the parking garage today near-ish to the dumpster. Figured I'd bring it home to see what's wrong with it. To my amazment, nothing. So far. Cosmetically, it's in perfect shape. I'm going to pick up a coaxial cable this weekend to go from my uDAC to it, and then use the 6050 as my headphone amp. I know, i know, the M50s don't really need one, but hell, it was free.
A dumpster???? Are you serious? That's pretty awesome man....nice....
Edited by hotdun - 8/3/12 at 12:28ampost #7270 of 101888/3/12 at 3:00amQuote:
Awesome setup, Austin! Question though. Does having a balanced cable change the sound at all? I know cables can (arguably) differ in sound, but is it that different from using a normal TRS cable?post #7271 of 101888/3/12 at 9:46ampost #7272 of 101888/3/12 at 9:56am
I don't know, seeing them both in person, I think the HD800 looks better. But different people will have different tastes in visual aesthetics.post #7273 of 101888/3/12 at 12:14pmQuote:
I'm with ya there. It's just screams it's beauty in many ways. :)
(Photo is not mine.)
Edited by Destroysall - 8/3/12 at 1:47pmpost #7274 of 101888/3/12 at 1:31pmQuote:
I cant believe you own a M9. I am jealous as hell, I would to use that camera just once in my life.post #7275 of 101888/3/12 at 1:46pmQuote:
Aha, no. My apologies, the photo is not mine as much as I'd like. My brother does own an M9 (I only own the M8), but I'm hoping I can own one for myself in the future very soon. :) Leica makes wonderful cameras and they are also very gorgeous.
Edited by Destroysall - 8/3/12 at 6:28pm
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Sony SBH80: Wireless to the Next Level: Review 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear