oh yeah i forgot about the hanns g. thats like the only monitor in that price range which makes me kind of weary how well it works. i might want to pick one of those up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:05am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 181
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So far, so good (knock on wood)...haven't had a single problem with any of them, and it's been over a year since I bought them...
I must say though that having four 28" monitors 2 feet from your face can be a bit overwhelming at first...I really had to crank the brightness down quite a bit. But once acclimated, anything else feels quite small...one definitely gets spoiled.
thats cool in shanghai but id be more impressed from some chinese places and palaces. as for the 4 28" monitors, yeah id imagine thats pretty huge. i used my vizio 32" lcd tv as a monitor once and i couldnt stand it so i sold it. even with the brightness down, the mouse just seemed to take a year to get anywhere and it hurt my eyes. resolution was horrible, but thats because it was an lcd tv not a computer monitor. but i couldnt imagine 4 28" monitors.
Wow that view is amazing. I hope I my future apartment has a view half that breathtaking.
I may look into the pull down screen that you mentioned. I was always concerned with how it would work with the vaulted ceiling.
Thanks, I love the case and would never sell it. Unfortunately, he no longer does any wood working...partially my fault for getting him into photography.
A couple of my headphone systems (I will have to get a pic of the one in the living room) run off of an iPad (tablet computer) or laptop. The iPad is fairly flexible as a server or remote. I can run Plex and stream my iTunes catalog, play the lossless that I have stored on it, use it to stream from the web (Pandora, Pocket Tunes, etc..) or use it as a remote to control iTunes/Airfoil for streaming via an Airport Express that I also have in this setup.
The Dac_1 also feeds a Denon AVR3300 (I no longer have the Pinnacle stacked speakers in this setup).. I run 4 NHT SB2s and an NHT Center channel with a small sub:
Next to the chair in the shot above, I have a Super T-amp hooked to a pair of vintage headphones. It is being fed the output of the Little Dot MKIII:
Mine is attached to a vaulted ceiling, it works fine that way as the screen housing is made to hang from hooks.
Tiger, how does your HD650 sound with the little dot? I was considering jumping into the $800 range for an amp but the MK III seems like a good amp to get me started and experience the whole "work my way up the chain" thing rather than start halfway up already.
Thanks, I wish I have a bigger room though. I already fitted all the bass traps I can fit around the room.
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 11 seconds ago
- › Iphone 5 and new ipod touch DAC? 30 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 59 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Sansa Clip Zip + Denon AHD600 amp frusterations (in a good way) 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)