oh yeah i forgot about the hanns g. thats like the only monitor in that price range which makes me kind of weary how well it works. i might want to pick one of those up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 181
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So far, so good (knock on wood)...haven't had a single problem with any of them, and it's been over a year since I bought them...
I must say though that having four 28" monitors 2 feet from your face can be a bit overwhelming at first...I really had to crank the brightness down quite a bit. But once acclimated, anything else feels quite small...one definitely gets spoiled.
thats cool in shanghai but id be more impressed from some chinese places and palaces. as for the 4 28" monitors, yeah id imagine thats pretty huge. i used my vizio 32" lcd tv as a monitor once and i couldnt stand it so i sold it. even with the brightness down, the mouse just seemed to take a year to get anywhere and it hurt my eyes. resolution was horrible, but thats because it was an lcd tv not a computer monitor. but i couldnt imagine 4 28" monitors.
Wow that view is amazing. I hope I my future apartment has a view half that breathtaking.
I may look into the pull down screen that you mentioned. I was always concerned with how it would work with the vaulted ceiling.
Thanks, I love the case and would never sell it. Unfortunately, he no longer does any wood working...partially my fault for getting him into photography.
A couple of my headphone systems (I will have to get a pic of the one in the living room) run off of an iPad (tablet computer) or laptop. The iPad is fairly flexible as a server or remote. I can run Plex and stream my iTunes catalog, play the lossless that I have stored on it, use it to stream from the web (Pandora, Pocket Tunes, etc..) or use it as a remote to control iTunes/Airfoil for streaming via an Airport Express that I also have in this setup.
The Dac_1 also feeds a Denon AVR3300 (I no longer have the Pinnacle stacked speakers in this setup).. I run 4 NHT SB2s and an NHT Center channel with a small sub:
Next to the chair in the shot above, I have a Super T-amp hooked to a pair of vintage headphones. It is being fed the output of the Little Dot MKIII:
Mine is attached to a vaulted ceiling, it works fine that way as the screen housing is made to hang from hooks.
Tiger, how does your HD650 sound with the little dot? I was considering jumping into the $800 range for an amp but the MK III seems like a good amp to get me started and experience the whole "work my way up the chain" thing rather than start halfway up already.
Thanks, I wish I have a bigger room though. I already fitted all the bass traps I can fit around the room.
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
- › "The Lab" 21 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 52 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 54 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu Titan 1 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 minutes ago
- › Need help to choose an IE 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3