oh yeah i forgot about the hanns g. thats like the only monitor in that price range which makes me kind of weary how well it works. i might want to pick one of those up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:05am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 181
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So far, so good (knock on wood)...haven't had a single problem with any of them, and it's been over a year since I bought them...
I must say though that having four 28" monitors 2 feet from your face can be a bit overwhelming at first...I really had to crank the brightness down quite a bit. But once acclimated, anything else feels quite small...one definitely gets spoiled.
thats cool in shanghai but id be more impressed from some chinese places and palaces. as for the 4 28" monitors, yeah id imagine thats pretty huge. i used my vizio 32" lcd tv as a monitor once and i couldnt stand it so i sold it. even with the brightness down, the mouse just seemed to take a year to get anywhere and it hurt my eyes. resolution was horrible, but thats because it was an lcd tv not a computer monitor. but i couldnt imagine 4 28" monitors.
Wow that view is amazing. I hope I my future apartment has a view half that breathtaking.
I may look into the pull down screen that you mentioned. I was always concerned with how it would work with the vaulted ceiling.
Thanks, I love the case and would never sell it. Unfortunately, he no longer does any wood working...partially my fault for getting him into photography.
A couple of my headphone systems (I will have to get a pic of the one in the living room) run off of an iPad (tablet computer) or laptop. The iPad is fairly flexible as a server or remote. I can run Plex and stream my iTunes catalog, play the lossless that I have stored on it, use it to stream from the web (Pandora, Pocket Tunes, etc..) or use it as a remote to control iTunes/Airfoil for streaming via an Airport Express that I also have in this setup.
The Dac_1 also feeds a Denon AVR3300 (I no longer have the Pinnacle stacked speakers in this setup).. I run 4 NHT SB2s and an NHT Center channel with a small sub:
Next to the chair in the shot above, I have a Super T-amp hooked to a pair of vintage headphones. It is being fed the output of the Little Dot MKIII:
Mine is attached to a vaulted ceiling, it works fine that way as the screen housing is made to hang from hooks.
Tiger, how does your HD650 sound with the little dot? I was considering jumping into the $800 range for an amp but the MK III seems like a good amp to get me started and experience the whole "work my way up the chain" thing rather than start halfway up already.
Thanks, I wish I have a bigger room though. I already fitted all the bass traps I can fit around the room.
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 9 seconds ago
- › Shure IEM In Ear Monitor Earbud assorted tips inc. triple flanged +... 18 seconds ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar D1 or external sound card? (PC) 4 minutes ago
- › Is Sabre ES9018 the best DAC chip right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)