oh yeah i forgot about the hanns g. thats like the only monitor in that price range which makes me kind of weary how well it works. i might want to pick one of those up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:05am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 181
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So far, so good (knock on wood)...haven't had a single problem with any of them, and it's been over a year since I bought them...
I must say though that having four 28" monitors 2 feet from your face can be a bit overwhelming at first...I really had to crank the brightness down quite a bit. But once acclimated, anything else feels quite small...one definitely gets spoiled.
thats cool in shanghai but id be more impressed from some chinese places and palaces. as for the 4 28" monitors, yeah id imagine thats pretty huge. i used my vizio 32" lcd tv as a monitor once and i couldnt stand it so i sold it. even with the brightness down, the mouse just seemed to take a year to get anywhere and it hurt my eyes. resolution was horrible, but thats because it was an lcd tv not a computer monitor. but i couldnt imagine 4 28" monitors.
Wow that view is amazing. I hope I my future apartment has a view half that breathtaking.
I may look into the pull down screen that you mentioned. I was always concerned with how it would work with the vaulted ceiling.
Thanks, I love the case and would never sell it. Unfortunately, he no longer does any wood working...partially my fault for getting him into photography.
A couple of my headphone systems (I will have to get a pic of the one in the living room) run off of an iPad (tablet computer) or laptop. The iPad is fairly flexible as a server or remote. I can run Plex and stream my iTunes catalog, play the lossless that I have stored on it, use it to stream from the web (Pandora, Pocket Tunes, etc..) or use it as a remote to control iTunes/Airfoil for streaming via an Airport Express that I also have in this setup.
The Dac_1 also feeds a Denon AVR3300 (I no longer have the Pinnacle stacked speakers in this setup).. I run 4 NHT SB2s and an NHT Center channel with a small sub:
Next to the chair in the shot above, I have a Super T-amp hooked to a pair of vintage headphones. It is being fed the output of the Little Dot MKIII:
Mine is attached to a vaulted ceiling, it works fine that way as the screen housing is made to hang from hooks.
Tiger, how does your HD650 sound with the little dot? I was considering jumping into the $800 range for an amp but the MK III seems like a good amp to get me started and experience the whole "work my way up the chain" thing rather than start halfway up already.
Thanks, I wish I have a bigger room though. I already fitted all the bass traps I can fit around the room.
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 19 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 21 seconds ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 53 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 54 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)