How so? And in what way did that post contribute anything positive to the thread?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:05am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 179
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd love to get my hands on one of those vintage Marantz stereos.. Sadly, I don't have the $500 - $$700 laying around I've seen them going for lately.
Not necessarily. I could snatch two of these for that sum, they're cheapo LED pico-projectors FYI :3 A good thing would be their MTBF approximation, which is 20k hours which would mean that they'd last ten years if they were used for eight hours every day, give or take a few. And for the screen I was thinking a plywood board painted matte white (and with a thick coat of primer to even out the imperfections, not essentially the most expensive (or best) solution but still, decent for entertainment purposes I believe. Honestly I'll have to experiment, I only saw one of them at my friends place and it looked quite decent for other than Amnesia, and even that worked ok in a dark room but that was with a silver screen
Thanks for the info on the screen. I would only want it for night when using it outside. With the lights off, it is very dark back there. Also, I can't have a projection setup in the main room unless I can put it up and down. There is a doorway that would get in the way for anything wider than the 63 inch TV I have in there. However, a setup like this would be easy to put up and down and I could just run an HDMI cable from the receiver when I wanted to use it. I have thought about doing this before and got distracted.
Pull down screens are really quite cheap, you could easily have one in your main room and have a portable one for outside (or make DIY ones for little money!)
BTW, love the Marantz, they don't make them like that anymore.. and the casing looks very nicely done.
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking to upgrade 23 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review... 3 minutes ago
- › What should I expect with Grado SR80i's 6 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 with Red Wine Audio RWAK100 Modification 11 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 12 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 12 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob