How so? And in what way did that post contribute anything positive to the thread?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/4/13 at 6:05am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 179
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd love to get my hands on one of those vintage Marantz stereos.. Sadly, I don't have the $500 - $$700 laying around I've seen them going for lately.
Not necessarily. I could snatch two of these for that sum, they're cheapo LED pico-projectors FYI :3 A good thing would be their MTBF approximation, which is 20k hours which would mean that they'd last ten years if they were used for eight hours every day, give or take a few. And for the screen I was thinking a plywood board painted matte white (and with a thick coat of primer to even out the imperfections, not essentially the most expensive (or best) solution but still, decent for entertainment purposes I believe. Honestly I'll have to experiment, I only saw one of them at my friends place and it looked quite decent for other than Amnesia, and even that worked ok in a dark room but that was with a silver screen
Thanks for the info on the screen. I would only want it for night when using it outside. With the lights off, it is very dark back there. Also, I can't have a projection setup in the main room unless I can put it up and down. There is a doorway that would get in the way for anything wider than the 63 inch TV I have in there. However, a setup like this would be easy to put up and down and I could just run an HDMI cable from the receiver when I wanted to use it. I have thought about doing this before and got distracted.
Pull down screens are really quite cheap, you could easily have one in your main room and have a portable one for outside (or make DIY ones for little money!)
BTW, love the Marantz, they don't make them like that anymore.. and the casing looks very nicely done.
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
- › Need advice on what to get to power AKG K7XX 17 seconds ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 51 seconds ago
- › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones Review 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-Omega spare parts. 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)