How so? And in what way did that post contribute anything positive to the thread?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silvertagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandInteltagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- brandRed Wine Audiotagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- Subwoofer Recommendations Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:42am in Computer Audio
- Simple USB DAC? Halide vs W4S vs HRT Last post on 12/30/13 at 5:29pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading from Lepai + Dayton B652 + Polk PSW10 to better speakers/amp? Last post on 4/10/15 at 7:57am in Computer Audio
- Desktop Speakers ~150 USD Last post on 11/21/12 at 9:05am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: 12/8/16
- Foobar2000 A Guide To Set UpLast edited: 3/31/11
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Was hoping Schiit would cover Modi under warranty since it died just 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! - Page 179post #2671 of 1018811/2/10 at 9:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2672 of 1018811/2/10 at 9:06pmpost #2673 of 1018811/2/10 at 9:13pmpost #2674 of 1018811/2/10 at 9:14pmpost #2675 of 1018811/2/10 at 9:47pm
I'd love to get my hands on one of those vintage Marantz stereos.. Sadly, I don't have the $500 - $$700 laying around I've seen them going for lately.
post #2676 of 1018811/2/10 at 11:44pmpost #2677 of 1018811/2/10 at 11:55pm
Not necessarily. I could snatch two of these for that sum, they're cheapo LED pico-projectors FYI :3 A good thing would be their MTBF approximation, which is 20k hours which would mean that they'd last ten years if they were used for eight hours every day, give or take a few. And for the screen I was thinking a plywood board painted matte white (and with a thick coat of primer to even out the imperfections, not essentially the most expensive (or best) solution but still, decent for entertainment purposes I believe. Honestly I'll have to experiment, I only saw one of them at my friends place and it looked quite decent for other than Amnesia, and even that worked ok in a dark room but that was with a silver screenQuote:
post #2678 of 1018811/3/10 at 12:49ampost #2679 of 1018811/3/10 at 12:52amQuote:Originally Posted by uofmtiger
Thanks for the info on the screen. I would only want it for night when using it outside. With the lights off, it is very dark back there. Also, I can't have a projection setup in the main room unless I can put it up and down. There is a doorway that would get in the way for anything wider than the 63 inch TV I have in there. However, a setup like this would be easy to put up and down and I could just run an HDMI cable from the receiver when I wanted to use it. I have thought about doing this before and got distracted.
Pull down screens are really quite cheap, you could easily have one in your main room and have a portable one for outside (or make DIY ones for little money!)
BTW, love the Marantz, they don't make them like that anymore.. and the casing looks very nicely done.post #2680 of 1018811/3/10 at 1:07ampost #2681 of 1018811/3/10 at 1:37ampost #2682 of 1018811/3/10 at 3:37ampost #2683 of 1018811/3/10 at 4:00amQuote:
Thank you!post #2684 of 1018811/3/10 at 4:50am
- Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)
- › Need help with choosing headphones! 10 seconds ago
- › Cardas A8 IEM 18 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 22 seconds ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 50 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 54 seconds ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audez'e The King Class A Tube/MOSFET Hybrid Amp 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear