Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Portable High Capacity FLAC player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portable High Capacity FLAC player

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Hi,

Im looking for a FLAC portable with a fairly large hard drive 20gb+.

Does anyone know of any which are fairly flat when loaded and also have a pretty good sound?

Any which have lineout?


Your help is much appreciated!

J-
post #2 of 14
Not too many choices. Cowon iAudio A3 might suit you, but it's more of a PMP. I would look into Rockbox, its an open source firmware compatible with dozens of DAPs that has FLAC support. Check out the compaticle players here: Current Rockbox Builds
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa View Post
Hi,

Im looking for a FLAC portable with a fairly large hard drive 20gb+.

Does anyone know of any which are fairly flat when loaded and also have a pretty good sound?

Any which have lineout?


Your help is much appreciated!

J-
Iriver H120 or H140 would be suitable. but it's hard to find any now....
post #4 of 14
anything Cowon with a hard drive will work out great for you. I think pretty much all irivers now have flac, too, but iriver seems to be more flash player oriented than HD player.

If I were you, I would go for the big Cowons.

Then again, you could probably just get anything and Rockbox it. If I'm correct, that generally allows flac compatibility right? somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
post #5 of 14
iAudio X5 20GB Colour Screen

Good seller, pretty good price, good sound quality.
post #6 of 14
A Sansa Fuze will do it. Apparently it can do Lineout but people say the Audio Out is just as flat and no need. I use mine with OGG files (does FLAC though) and have a 16gb card which gives me 24gb of total space.

And yes rockbox anything will give FLAC support. So getting an ipod with a Lineout might be your best option.

To be honest I don't think 20gb of FLAC is really that much. I have about 1500 songs all in FLAC and that takes up about 43gb, while all those songs in OGG q6 take up about 8gb.

pink
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink57 View Post
A Sansa Fuze will do it. Apparently it can do Lineout but people say the Audio Out is just as flat and no need. I use mine with OGG files (does FLAC though) and have a 16gb card which gives me 24gb of total space.

And yes rockbox anything will give FLAC support. So getting an ipod with a Lineout might be your best option.

To be honest I don't think 20gb of FLAC is really that much. I have about 1500 songs all in FLAC and that takes up about 43gb, while all those songs in OGG q6 take up about 8gb.

pink
Can you Rockbox Ipod (Gen 2) Touch models? I'm just asking because I'm also in the market for a new DAP/PMP.

Thanx!
post #8 of 14

80GB

I'm currently using a 5.5 gen. iPod with Rockbox and am quite pleased.
post #9 of 14
5.5G iPod and Rockbox. I would look no further...
post #10 of 14
Sansa Fuse has support for FLAC and OGG right out of the box. The players sell a maximum capacity of 8 Gb, but you can add a 16Gb micro SDHC card for a total of 24 Gb. I hear the card integrates seamlessly with the player.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron5604 View Post
Can you Rockbox Ipod (Gen 2) Touch models? I'm just asking because I'm also in the market for a new DAP/PMP.

Thanx!
No.

pink
post #12 of 14
Another vote for Rockboxed DAP. Tons of options for those who love to tweak and that support for almost all audio codec. Nuff said
post #13 of 14

CAN SOMEBODY BAN THIS TEAMDRINK GUY ???

 

ALSO DELETE HIS 20 SIMILAR POSTS ABOUT HIS FLAC SITE , SO THAT THE SUB-THREAD RETURNS TO ITS PREVIOUS , NORMAL ORDER.

 

THANK YOU.


Edited by proedros - 12/25/10 at 7:56pm
post #14 of 14

There's a little red flag where you can alert moderators. Use it. Screaming won't do anything.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Portable High Capacity FLAC player