Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 640

post #9586 of 15707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post



They were asking him about DSD since a lot of the vinyl folks seem to gravitate toward DSD files thinking that its more truer to representing the wave form. He said NO. He said modern LPCM DACs sound a lot better to his ears. If you can find a well mastered LPCM version of the music you want to listen to, go with that. I THOUGHT that was a big statement from a guy who has invested a lot of his personal and professional time in vinyl.

 

Can someone give me a quick explanation of DSD? I've never heard the term before.

post #9587 of 15707
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post

Can someone give me a quick explanation of DSD? I've never heard the term before.

Direct Stream Digital, IIRC. It's a file format that's significantly different from other digital formats.
post #9588 of 15707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post


Direct Stream Digital, IIRC. It's a file format that's significantly different from other digital formats.


Hm. Well, if I can barely tell the difference between 320k and lossless as it is, I can't imagine it would be of much use to me. That's weird I've never even seen it, though.

 

 

Here's an interesting post metal/rock group I just found: http://whendaydescends.bandcamp.com/album/when-day-descends

When Day Descends

post #9589 of 15707

post #9590 of 15707
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post


Hm. Well, if I can barely tell the difference between 320k and lossless as it is, I can't imagine it would be of much use to me. That's weird I've never even seen it, though.


Here's an interesting post metal/rock group I just found: http://whendaydescends.bandcamp.com/album/when-day-descends
When Day Descends

If you've heard of SACDs it's what they are. DSD.
post #9591 of 15707

uuuugh.... never thought I would ask this but does anyone else get tired of bands spamming the Black Sabbath intro?

post #9592 of 15707

Oh hey how does an artist contact either dave or trogdor about review material? My freind Ian is ready to send out promo downloads

 

nevermind found it
 


Edited by BLACKENEDPLAGUE - 5/5/13 at 4:33pm
post #9593 of 15707

Another successful trip to the record store.

 

Earth - Hibernaculum (Southern Lord)
Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam (Nuclear Blast)
Pentemple - Sunn O))) Presents... (Southern Lord)

 

 

Half Metal ain't bad. Southern Lord Strikes again.

post #9594 of 15707

I jsut realized i hadnt brough it up yet in here, but are any of you guys listening to Pelagial by The Ocean? cause ive been listening to it a freaking ton for the last week or so since my copy arrived in the mail from Metal Blade. for the first 5 or so days i was pretty much listening to the instrumental exclusively, but the last day and a half or so ive been checking out the vocals version, and im not really sure which i prefer, both of them are awesome. i think pelagial is almost a shoe in for year end top 10 lists

post #9595 of 15707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

I jsut realized i hadnt brough it up yet in here, but are any of you guys listening to Pelagial by The Ocean? cause ive been listening to it a freaking ton for the last week or so since my copy arrived in the mail from Metal Blade. for the first 5 or so days i was pretty much listening to the instrumental exclusively, but the last day and a half or so ive been checking out the vocals version, and im not really sure which i prefer, both of them are awesome. i think pelagial is almost a shoe in for year end top 10 lists

Agreed...

post #9596 of 15707

Ihashn, Dark Tranquility, Animals As Leaders and Leprous coming to India in July.... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #9597 of 15707

http://sleepersawake.bandcamp.com/

 

Just discovered these guys on Heavy Blog is Heavy, they're pretty awesome, list Tool, Mastadon and Rush as influences

post #9598 of 15707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

http://sleepersawake.bandcamp.com/

 

Just discovered these guys on Heavy Blog is Heavy, they're pretty awesome, list Tool, Mastadon and Rush as influences

if you like that, Columbus also hase this gem

 

post #9599 of 15707
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post

if you like that, Columbus also hase this gem

 


haha im pretty bummed though, apparently they just played a show in dayton this weekend i totally would have gone too, bands never play in dayton :(

post #9600 of 15707
Aaaaaand Suffocation is going back. I want to like it but I guess Tech just isn't for me...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal