Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 629

post #9421 of 15595
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

I'm enjoying the latest Defeated Sanity CD right now. Wow, its not exactly their usual stuff plus the production is much better than the 2010 album

 


That's some brutal cover art.

post #9422 of 15595
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

I'm enjoying the latest Defeated Sanity CD right now. Wow, its not exactly their usual stuff plus the production is much better than the 2010 album

 

Somehow, I liked this one more:

 

post #9423 of 15595
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

Somehow, I liked this one more:

 


Somehow, I liked this one more:

post #9424 of 15595

Braindrill and Wormed are not exactly the same genre to me as defeated sanity. Those are more tech death IMO. Still The new Defeated Sanity has its own charm that those two other bands don't have. I don't know what it is... something weird and jazzy in there somewhere.

 

By the way I prefer the earlier Braindrill album to the one above \m/ 

 

post #9425 of 15595


Yes, turns out that the latest album from Jungle Rot does not have the sound nor the music power of the great 2011 Kill On Command!

Kill On Command was a top tier 2011 release in my book.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 4/24/13 at 12:36am
post #9426 of 15595
So redcarmoose, I've listened to occult medicine like 5 times now, and that cd is amazing. I seriously think it's some of the best traditional death metal I've ever heard
post #9427 of 15595
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

So redcarmoose, I've listened to occult medicine like 5 times now, and that cd is amazing. I seriously think it's some of the best traditional death metal I've ever heard


Glad you like it. Nice for me to return something to a thread that has given me so much.


That album has it all from great guitar tone to perfect recording to great song order to perfect drum recording and on and on. I like that other record to by them. To bad that the band is now defunct due to the main song writer becoming unmotivated. Those records are a little unknown in some circles as who would think of France for world class classic death metal?
post #9428 of 15595
Hey morbidtoaster, dunno if you've listened to hybrid theory yet...but I just finished it and it mostly sounds like total garbage...sadface.jpg
post #9429 of 15595

Thank you Alex and Trogdor for reminding me about Demilich.

Many of you might not know this: http://www.metal-fi.com/demilich-nespithe/

post #9430 of 15595

Well, it is a Linkin Park album, after all.

 

The question is whether it's worse than the CD or not.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

Hey morbidtoaster, dunno if you've listened to hybrid theory yet...but I just finished it and it mostly sounds like total garbage...sadface.jpg
post #9431 of 15595
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

Hey morbidtoaster, dunno if you've listened to hybrid theory yet...but I just finished it and it mostly sounds like total garbage...sadface.jpg

Ahem, you guys could share you know:

post #9432 of 15595
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

Thank you Alex and Trogdor for reminding me about Demilich.



Many of you might not know this: http://www.metal-fi.com/demilich-nespithe/



Hey thanks wrathzombie. I'm Alex btw, my partner in crime is Dave. We are gonna have a lot more goodies in the near future too.
post #9433 of 15595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


Hey thanks wrathzombie. I'm Alex btw, my partner in crime is Dave. We are gonna have a lot more goodies in the near future too.

 

I knew I was making a mistake but didn't have to time to go through the older threads to verify the name :)

post #9434 of 15595

My copy of Anciients' 'Heart of Oak' arrived today! They shipped the vinyl OUTSIDE the sleeve just as requested and it arrived unscathed. I'll definitely be requesting shipping in this fashion in the future.

 

They also included a Confessor 4 track EP CD so that was a nice treat. It isn't absolutely horrid like most other 'promo' CDs labels send for nothin'.

 

Vinyl is darker than I expected it to be, but it's really pretty overall. Finishing most of the move into the new place today so I'm hoping to have the system up and running by tonight...which means this is getting played.

post #9435 of 15595
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

My copy of Anciients' 'Heart of Oak' arrived today! They shipped the vinyl OUTSIDE the sleeve just as requested and it arrived unscathed. I'll definitely be requesting shipping in this fashion in the future.

 

They also included a Confessor 4 track EP CD so that was a nice treat. It isn't absolutely horrid like most other 'promo' CDs labels send for nothin'.

 

Vinyl is darker than I expected it to be, but it's really pretty overall. Finishing most of the move into the new place today so I'm hoping to have the system up and running by tonight...which means this is getting played.


I wasn't too impressed with the (outside) artwork. It looks like an enlarged a low-res image. The vinyl color is cool, though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal