Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 618

post #9256 of 15121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


Really?

I have been waiting for it. I think their debut was a bit over rated but that's me. Waiting to review this one.

agreed-way over hyped...it was just sort of ahight to me. When their debut came out, seemed the metal blogesphere thought they were the second coming of er, well you know who.....

post #9257 of 15121

Anyone diggin' on the new Intronaut. I like it.

 

Took me several spins, but I think they found a pretty good mix of expirametal jazzy proggyness and satisfying rock/metal.

post #9258 of 15121
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

agreed-way over hyped...it was just sort of ahight to me. When their debut came out, seemed the metal blogesphere thought they were the second coming of er, well you know who.....

What's interesting is their latest is quite a step above the debut. I am really shocked. Review forthcoming on Metal-Fi.

(also though I can't really stand Pitchfork's hyperbolic format and generally posh attitude toward reviews, their stream of Ghost's latest is brilliantly presented)

Btw, I will be at the New York Audio Show this weekend. Not sure if anyone else is going to be there but I plan to do a complete write up (there is a new 5k Orthodynamic can that is to be unveiled that I plan to write about too).

Anyone wants to meet up, let me know.
post #9259 of 15121

The Abyss? Or is there ANOTHER one?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


What's interesting is their latest is quite a step above the debut. I am really shocked. Review forthcoming on Metal-Fi.

(also though I can't really stand Pitchfork's hyperbolic format and generally posh attitude toward reviews, their stream of Ghost's latest is brilliantly presented)

Btw, I will be at the New York Audio Show this weekend. Not sure if anyone else is going to be there but I plan to do a complete write up (there is a new 5k Orthodynamic can that is to be unveiled that I plan to write about too).

Anyone wants to meet up, let me know.
post #9260 of 15121

 

 

Ex Manson members John 5 and Ginger Fish make this kinda a super-group. It will be interesting.


Edited by Redcarmoose - 4/11/13 at 4:25am
post #9261 of 15121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

The Abyss? Or is there ANOTHER one?

No that's the one. I had forgotten the name.
post #9262 of 15121

Finnish metal.

 

 

Ukrainian metal.

 

post #9263 of 15121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post

Finnish metal.

 

AKA epic (Click to show)

 

 

Ukrainian metal.

 

 

 

Hell yess

post #9264 of 15121

This weeks's drving CD roation:

 

New Intronaut

 

 

 

 

Neurosis: Through Silver and Blood.....One of my favorite albums-I always return...love the philisophical Joseph Campbell archetypal stuff.

 

 

 

 

 

Hate Eternal: Fury and Flames

 

Product Details

 

MDB:

 

51mYpBSIgvL.jpg

 

 

Batillus-looking forward to their new one:

 

 

Cryptopsy-Once Was Not

 

 

c2d7224128a056dce4e07010.L._SY300_.jpg
post #9265 of 15121

RUINS OF BEVERAST NEW SONG.

 

 

HGNGNNHHNNGNH oohhh gawwwwwd.

EDIT: The youtube embed doesn't seem to be working on my end. All else fails, visit the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtkiAfB1oLk&feature=youtu.be

 

 

Meilenwald, you damned genius. I'm actually liking the new shiny production. Definitely not what I was expecting, however. Classic RoB, though, absolutely menacing and chilling. Much more doomy and melodic this time around, I think.


Edited by vaed - 4/11/13 at 11:52pm
post #9266 of 15121

Some new prog for ya... I wasn't sure about this one at first but it grew on me.

 

post #9267 of 15121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaed View Post

RUINS OF BEVERAST NEW SONG.


HGNGNNHHNNGNH oohhh gawwwwwd.
EDIT: The youtube embed doesn't seem to be working on my end. All else fails, visit the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtkiAfB1oLk&feature=youtu.be





Meilenwald, you damned genius. I'm actually liking the new shiny production. Definitely not what I was expecting, however. Classic RoB, though, absolutely menacing and chilling. Much more doomy and melodic this time around, I think.

We are suppose to receive the promo literally like any day now. I got on the list as soon as I heard there was a new RoB out. I am unbelievably excited.

Strapping Young Lad pre-order in a few days! Can't wait.
post #9268 of 15121

All this talk of Nightwish for the last several pages has gotten me to try to get into them for like the millionth time. For some reason they just dont do it for me at all, even Tarja just doesnt do anything for me. The only female fronted symphonic metal i can get into is Within Temptation. Their CD The Silent Force is amazing, and I think one of the best CDs in the genre. Theyve gotten a lot "rockier" since then, so I dont listen to their later stuff nearly as much.

 

Two of my favorites 

 

 

 

And i have to throw this in their for some more awesome female fronted Power Metal, it doesnt really get better than Triosphere!

 

 

Trogdor, im also sad, i had completely forgotten that Battle Beast got a new singer, i hope shes as awesome as the last chick was!

post #9269 of 15121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Just one last suggestion to extend on what I said about Poet and the Pendulum before. I feel Ghost Love Score (Once) is probably the closest thing to a Poet and the Pendulum-esque song Tarja ever did. I think it's one of my favorites. Absolutely lovely instrumental break at around 5 minutes.

 

Great as an instrumental or vocal piece. The scale is absolutely epic.

 

 

This is what I liked about The Poet and the Pendulum, that and the orchestral backing. I will give Ghost Love Score a listen once I get the chance.

post #9270 of 15121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

 

Amazingly I just found both albums on You Tube of my favorite French Death metal band Yyrkoon.

 

These guys are pretty awesome, thanks for linking them. You can even get their CDs for super cheap at the official merch store linked on their website

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal