Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 581

post #8701 of 14086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

 

A buddy of mine posted this on face book last night, I'm kind of bummed about it, it's totally ripping, but the vocals are just SO weak!  I wish they would have done a smoother progression from black metal throat screaming to singing, maybe a nice Lemmy vocal style era?

 

 

I'd call it more black and roll, kind of like death and roll but not awful.  Bar rock songs funneled through the forests of Norway.

 

 

From the three songs I have heard, the vocals are maybe the weakest link. They are trying to be underground and aloof, but come off as sloppy. To make things clear though, Darkthrone has always been kind of sloppy in a super cool way, that no one else could even attempt.

 

 

I have only just heard three songs so well see what the album does. At times I have been able to get used to vocals. Darkthrone's Circle The Wagons had a seemingly drastic increase in bombastic vocals. I spent way less time with it than any album by them in the last couple of years.

 

 

From what I have heard though, this new album is fun and different in a good way. It's not boring at all, but maybe the vocals will take some getting used to.

post #8702 of 14086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

From what I have heard though, this new album is fun and different in a good way. It's not boring at all, but maybe the vocals will take some getting used to.

 

Very possible, kind of like a Savoy Brown or Dead Moon, for me at least.

post #8703 of 14086
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch View Post

Ok finally got a chance to listen, and as the trend with Voivod goes, I don't care for it, but then again, I stop listening after War And Pain and Rrroooaaarrr.  I should really stop expecting bands that put out one or two records in the beginning of their career to ever go back to that style when they got successful doing something else...

Do me a favor, not saying this will change anything, but give it a few more spins just because....I think it might really grow on you...it did for me.
post #8704 of 14086
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch View Post

 

Very possible, kind of like a Savoy Brown or Dead Moon, for me at least.

 

lol Savoy Brown For The Win!

post #8705 of 14086

New Eternal Oath!! These guys put out one of my favorite melodeath albums before they broke up in '05. Can't wait to hear it.

 

post #8706 of 14086
post #8707 of 14086

Went to the Coheed and Cambria show here in SF last night and Between the Buried and Me was the second act of the night.  I'm not a huge fan of death metal style lyrics like I was in the past, but they can really mix it up with some interesting sounds and were great live.  

post #8708 of 14086
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch View Post

 

A buddy of mine posted this on facebook last night, I'm kind of bummed about it, it's totally ripping, but the vocals are just sooooo weak!  I wish they would have done a smoother progression from black metal throat screaming to singing, maybe a nice Lemmy vocal style era?

 

 

I'd call it more black and roll, kind of like death and roll but not awful.  Bar rock songs funneled through the forests of Norway.

 

 

 

Thanks for posting that. What a great song. It reminds us of their departure from the standard BM sound into "punk energy" except for punk songs are usually 2.5 minutes not 3.57 minutes long!!! The new album comes out tomorrow! 

post #8709 of 14086

THRASH!!! i love the solo at 1:20

 

post #8710 of 14086

Thy Art Is Murder .....with cats playing ping pong!

post #8711 of 14086
New reviews up on Metal-Fi including Botanist's latest chapter in his strange saga, IV: Mandragora, and Portal's latest slab of evil, Vexovoid:



post #8712 of 14086
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo View Post

Went to the Coheed and Cambria show here in SF last night and Between the Buried and Me was the second act of the night.  I'm not a huge fan of death metal style lyrics like I was in the past, but they can really mix it up with some interesting sounds and were great live.  

Oh **** you haha, i wanted to go to the show in L.A. so bad.  But alas the tickets cost more than i expected.

I'm a big fan of Russian Circles as well.  What did you think of them live?

Also, speaking of math metal.  Am i the only one waiting anxiously for the new ASIWYFA record?

post #8713 of 14086

Is it on vinyl? I can't seem to find anything but the CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

New reviews up on Metal-Fi including Botanist's latest chapter in his strange saga, IV: Mandragora, and Portal's latest slab of evil, Vexovoid:



post #8714 of 14086

Botanist on vinyl soon according to The Flenser. I can't wait!

Dunno about Portal though.

post #8715 of 14086
Quote:
Originally Posted by John In Cali View Post

Oh **** you haha, i wanted to go to the show in L.A. so bad.  But alas the tickets cost more than i expected.

I'm a big fan of Russian Circles as well.  What did you think of them live?

Also, speaking of math metal.  Am i the only one waiting anxiously for the new ASIWYFA record?

I wasn't planning to go initially since I couldn't get any of my friends to go, but I saw the SF show wasn't sold out like 5 days prior so I just bought a ticket and went solo.  

 

Loved Russian Circles as well, though I only caught about two thirds of their set since I was a little late.  From what the guys around me said, they pretty much played for about 40 minutes straight, smoothly transitioning from song to song.  The drummer was excellent, set the mood and tone really well for their songs.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal