Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 577

post #8641 of 16588
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Whatcha playin' your records on?

 

 

Right now, nothing. My current turntable (B&O form the 80's) started acting up, and I'm afraid it will damage a record if I keep using it. I'm looking at the Music Hall MMF-2.2.


Edited by macrocheesium - 2/19/13 at 3:21pm
post #8642 of 16588
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

After listening all the way through Royal Thunder's CVI today I can say I enjoyed it. More proggy than anything, but it's nice. Think the wife will enjoy this one more than the rest of my Metal.

My thoughts exactly, but the answer was no. Still gotta try from time to time. If you ask my wife what metal she will tolerate, she may say, " That Ozzy song, Mamma I'm coming home isnt' too bad".

 

Doh! "Something you heard on the radio 15 years ago doesn't count"!!!!


Edited by markm1 - 2/19/13 at 3:26pm
post #8643 of 16588

See mine does this thing where she tells people she likes everything, listens to 5 minutes of a Black Metal songs and complains at me to change the song/genre. 

 

Just tell me you don't like it, christ.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

My thoughts exactly, but the answer was no. Still gotta try from time to time. If you ask my wife what metal she will tolerate, she may say, " That Ozzy song, Mamma I'm coming home isnt' too bad".

 

Doh! "Something you heard on the radio 15 years ago doesn't count"!!!!

 

No experience with the 2.2, but I'm sure it's a nice option in the price range. Shame to hear about your older B&O.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post

 

Right now, nothing. My current turntable (B&O form the 80's) started acting up, and I'm afraid it will damage a record if I keep using it. I'm looking at the Music Hall MMF-2.2.

post #8644 of 16588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid Toaster View Post

See mine does this thing where she tells people she likes everything, listens to 5 minutes of a Black Metal songs and complains at me to change the song/genre. 

 

Just tell me you don't like it, Christ.

 

 

No experience with the 2.2, but I'm sure it's a nice option in the price range. Shame to hear about your older B&O.

 

Hey, at least you get lip service. I  remember playing some Blut AIs Nord and her coming in and telling me there must be something seriously wrong with me if I call that music. "That's not music, that's something from the movie Man Hunter or Silence of the Lambs that the psycho has playing while he tortures some innocent girl". Thanks honey. Belive me I have no interest in snuff films. I just like wierd music.

post #8645 of 16588

 

Listening to this album for the first time in a while. I'd like to get it on vinyl, I can't seem to get much metal on vinyl.

post #8646 of 16588
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskelly View Post

 

Listening to this album for the first time in a while. I'd like to get it on vinyl, I can't seem to get much metal on vinyl.

 

Discogs, Ebay, Metal Labels websites, and when smaller bands go on tour, they will often have a chunk of their catalog for sale, sometimes even on vinyl!  You can also search out metal record stores, they're not everywhere but they exist, google will help with that one.  Chaos in Texas is happening in May, I'm not sure how close you are to that, but with large festivals there are often distros set up selling cds, vinyl, shirts, patches and plenty of random crap, kind of like a flea market.  Or come up to Maryland Death Fest in may, there are tons of tables set up at that, you can blow through a few hundred pretty quickly.

post #8647 of 16588

Fixed.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch View Post

 

Discogs, Ebay, Metal Labels websites, and when smaller bands go on tour, they will often have a chunk of their catalog for sale, sometimes even on vinyl!  You can also search out metal record stores, they're not everywhere but they exist, google will help with that one.  Chaos in Texas is happening in May, I'm not sure how close you are to that, but with large festivals there are often distros set up selling cds, vinyl, shirts, patches and plenty of random crap, kind of like a flea market.  Or come up to Maryland Death Fest in may, there are tons of tables set up at that, you can blow through a few hundred thousand pretty quickly.

post #8648 of 16588
I just want to say that the new Ash Borer track is incredible. I am just blown away. There is a section of this song....I am speechless...
post #8649 of 16588

I really need to get...all the Ash Borer.

post #8650 of 16588
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I really need to get...all the Ash Borer.

Yes, yes you do. They just get better and better with each release...
post #8651 of 16588
Quote:
Originally Posted by John In Cali View Post

So i'm looking for a metal song I've  heard before that's based off of this movement of Beethovens 1st piano sonata. I only remember that it was foreign and some time pre-2000s.

Hopefully someone recognizes it based on the above because it was extremely badass and  my attempts to write a different metal piece based on this were very ****ty.

By the way does anyone else write metal casually(or skillfully) in guitar pro?

 

 

Most likely you looking for "The Great Kat".

 

 

 

 

 

I used to listen to her VHS videos when most here were sucking on their Moma's ****.tongue.gif

post #8652 of 16588

Oh...?...............................and by the way..........................................

 

Favorite of the year.very_evil_smiley.gif

 

 

It's here.


Edited by Redcarmoose - 2/19/13 at 9:19pm
post #8653 of 16588

Are they all on vinyl? I know one of them is....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


Yes, yes you do. They just get better and better with each release...
post #8654 of 16588
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Someone likes that band, eh? I should give my copy of Dead End Kings another run through soon.

 


Dead End Kings is the best CD Katatonia has released in a long time. Not that Great Cold Distance and Night is the New Day are bad, its just on a different level i think.

post #8655 of 16588
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackskelly View Post

 

Listening to this album for the first time in a while. I'd like to get it on vinyl, I can't seem to get much metal on vinyl.

 

Check Amazon, too. They often have great prices, especially from the third party sellers.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post


Dead End Kings is the best CD Katatonia has released in a long time. Not that Great Cold Distance and Night is the New Day are bad, its just on a different level i think.

 

Night is the New Day can get kind of dull at times, but I enjoy the laid-back sound when I'm in the right mood. I love Brave Murder Day equally but it really doesn't compare to the others at all. Mikael did a fantastic job there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal