Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 565

post #8461 of 17194

post #8462 of 17194

Picked up the recent 2012 vinyl reissue of this. Came with a FLAC DL too instead of MP3. 

 

Good album but not their best.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

post #8463 of 17194

Holy crap. This. Album. Is. AWESOME. Review forthcoming....

 

 

post #8464 of 17194

This is super full of win.

 

 

post #8465 of 17194

Product Details

 

Dragged Into Sunlight-Widdowmaker. Have any of you stumbled on this one? I found it reviewed on some metal blogs on their top 20 2012 metal lists...kind of like the nasty black metal brother to Sleeep's Dopesmoker. It's basically an hour long piece separated in 3 or 4 segments of doom/blackened filthy sludge. And, it's pretty awesome.

post #8466 of 17194
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBSC View Post

This is super full of win.

 

 

If you take metal out of the context and out of it's familiar surroundings, it always ends up being such a... strange thing. bigsmile_face.gif

post #8467 of 17194

Who do you guys think pulls off MAYH/Deliverance-era Opeth the best? I just love the poisonously clean but dark sound, catchy/musical progressive undercurrents, and heavy metal sensibilities that drove those albums. Not afraid to go from dreamily-slow and acoustic to blisteringly fast, heavy and demonic. Like Akercocke almost, but less 'black' perhaps.

post #8468 of 17194
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaed View Post

Who do you guys think pulls off MAYH/Deliverance-era Opeth the best? I just love the poisonously clean but dark sound, catchy/musical progressive undercurrents, and heavy metal sensibilities that drove those albums. Not afraid to go from dreamily-slow and acoustic to blisteringly fast, heavy and demonic. Like Akercocke almost, but less 'black' perhaps.

 

 

  • Fornost Arnor
  • Gwynbleidd
  • Nami
  • Nahemah
  • Guillotine (My friends band. More of a amateur fan-boyish effort but catchy.)
post #8469 of 17194
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBSC View Post

Holy crap. This. Album. Is. AWESOME. Review forthcoming....

 

 

 

That was epic :)

post #8470 of 17194

Fast as **** and crushing as hell!!

 

HAIDUK - Spellbook

 

www.haiduk.ca

 

 

BraveWords [8.5/10]

http://www.bravewords.com/hardwares/1002140

 

Metal-Rules [4/5]

http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewreview.php?band=&album=&postby=&rating=&month=&letter=H&year=&pos=15

 

Loucifer Speaks [90]

http://louciferspeaks.com/2012/09/25/haiduk-spellbook/

 

MetalBite [9.2/10]

http://www.metalbite.com/tracks.asp?album=10792

 

__________

-Haiduk


Edited by haiduk - 2/8/13 at 6:47pm
post #8471 of 17194
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiduk View Post

Fast as **** and crushing as hell!!

 

HAIDUK - Spellbook

 

www.haiduk.ca

 

 

BraveWords [8.5/10]

http://www.bravewords.com/hardwares/1002140

 

Metal-Rules [4/5]

http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewreview.php?band=&album=&postby=&rating=&month=&letter=H&year=&pos=15

 

Loucifer Speaks [90]

http://louciferspeaks.com/2012/09/25/haiduk-spellbook/

 

MetalBite [9.2/10]

http://www.metalbite.com/tracks.asp?album=10792

 

__________

-Haiduk

AWESOME !!!!!!!

post #8472 of 17194
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiduk View Post

Fast as **** and crushing as hell!!

 

HAIDUK - Spellbook

 

www.haiduk.ca

 

 

BraveWords [8.5/10]

http://www.bravewords.com/hardwares/1002140

 

Metal-Rules [4/5]

http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewreview.php?band=&album=&postby=&rating=&month=&letter=H&year=&pos=15

 

Loucifer Speaks [90]

http://louciferspeaks.com/2012/09/25/haiduk-spellbook/

 

MetalBite [9.2/10]

http://www.metalbite.com/tracks.asp?album=10792

 

__________

-Haiduk

 

If you are the guy who made this album, please create a Bandcamp page as well and maybe our fellow head-fier Trogdor could review it as well.. Cheers Mate..

post #8473 of 17194
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiduk View Post

Fast as **** and crushing as hell!!

 

HAIDUK - Spellbook

 

www.haiduk.ca

 

 

BraveWords [8.5/10]

http://www.bravewords.com/hardwares/1002140

 

Metal-Rules [4/5]

http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewreview.php?band=&album=&postby=&rating=&month=&letter=H&year=&pos=15

 

Loucifer Speaks [90]

http://louciferspeaks.com/2012/09/25/haiduk-spellbook/

 

MetalBite [9.2/10]

http://www.metalbite.com/tracks.asp?album=10792

 

__________

-Haiduk

 

Fantastic, crushing is right!

post #8474 of 17194
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

If you are the guy who made this album, please create a Bandcamp page as well and maybe our fellow head-fier Trogdor could review it as well.. Cheers Mate..

@haiduk: I just bought it, I will review it on Metal-Fi as soon as I get.
post #8475 of 17194
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

Product Details

 

Dragged Into Sunlight-Widdowmaker. Have any of you stumbled on this one? I found it reviewed on some metal blogs on their top 20 2012 metal lists...kind of like the nasty black metal brother to Sleeep's Dopesmoker. It's basically an hour long piece separated in 3 or 4 segments of doom/blackened filthy sludge. And, it's pretty awesome.

that was a great listen and worth grabbing, the first track was a gorgeous post rock journey followed by the shock of dirty, poorly recorded sludge, doom, drone, death, and black.  thanks for bringing this one up!  the vocals are weird, some won't get into it but that f'n rocked.  it's too bad they can't seem to complete some of the ideas they touch on...this could've been a masterpiece but Ash Borer did it right in 2012


Edited by ferday - 2/9/13 at 11:38pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal