Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 546

post #8176 of 15136
Fen's Dustwalker is due out this month and its definitely a step up from Epoch:




Check out my full review on Metal-Fi
post #8177 of 15136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

Please refrain from talking about J-rock or Anime in this thread or I will ban you all so hard


Have you heard Onmyouza? They've a very cool heavy metal band from Japan, a bit Maiden-ish etc but with their own style, badass stuff.

post #8178 of 15136

a metal band from japan.  they aren't cool or iron maiden-ish

 


Edited by ferday - 1/8/13 at 3:05pm
post #8179 of 15136

What, did someone say Japanese???

 

Tokyo Yankees

 

 

Deathside

 

 

Sabbat

post #8180 of 15136

Sorry to bootstrap off another Metal-Archives thread, but I thought this band was totally awesome. Brutal Death Metal usually doesn't catch my attention, but this album is so ******* heavy yet upbeat and energetic at the same time. There's even melody and guitar solos! In BDM!  Reccomended for any death metal fan. From Russia, no less.

 

 


Edited by vaed - 1/8/13 at 9:33pm
post #8181 of 15136
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaed View Post

Sorry to bootstrap off another Metal-Archives thread, but I thought this band was totally awesome. Brutal Death Metal usually doesn't catch my attention, but this album is so ******* heavy yet upbeat and energetic at the same time. There's even melody and guitar solos! In BDM!  Reccomended for any death metal fan. From Russia, no less.

 

 

gs1000.gif

post #8182 of 15136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post

a metal band from japan.  they aren't cool or iron maiden-ish

Japan is influenced by music from other countries like anywhere else. Plus you'd have to actually listen to them to say they aren't influenced by Maiden, which they are. And of course bands from Japan can be cool, try being a bit more open minded. And for fun, here's their cover of The Trooper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTdU3FpxyHU

 

Even if something isn't your thing, it's better and well more metal not to **** on things for no reason. Celebrate what you have in common, with other metalheads for example, there's enough dividing already.


Edited by MetalLaserSteel - 1/9/13 at 2:48am
post #8183 of 15136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLaserSteel View Post

Japan is influenced by music from other countries like anywhere else. Plus you'd have to actually listen to them to say they aren't influenced by Maiden, which they are. And of course bands from Japan can be cool, try being a bit more open minded. And for fun, here's their cover of The Trooper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTdU3FpxyHU

Even if something isn't your thing, it's better and well more metal not to **** on things for no reason. Celebrate what you have in common, with other metalheads for example, there's enough dividing already.

That post made a lot of assumptions, not cool friend, not cool

I'll never, ever bag on someone else's music choice. It was sarcasm, so take your own advice

That said, rock on \m/
Edited by ferday - 1/9/13 at 9:02am
post #8184 of 15136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post


That post made a lot of assumptions, not cool friend, not cool
I'll never, ever bag on someone else's music choice. It was sarcasm, so take your own advice
That said, rock on \m/

If you're not bagging on people, why write words that do? Even taken as sarcasm it doesn't really make sense, if you actually think it's cool and say its not cool, I guess sure that's sarcasm. But where's the humor in saying they can't be Maiden-ish?

 

If you want to be a nice guy who doesn't bag on people, try to get that across. Telling me my rational response is not cool isn't really indicative of that.


Edited by MetalLaserSteel - 1/9/13 at 12:10pm
post #8185 of 15136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLaserSteel View Post

If you're not bagging on people, why write words that do? Even taken as sarcasm it doesn't really make sense, if you actually think it's cool and say its not cool, I guess sure that's sarcasm. But where's the humor in saying they can't be Maiden-ish?

 

If you want to be a nice guy who doesn't bag on people, try to get that across. Telling me my rational response is not cool isn't really indicative of that.

 

post #8186 of 15136
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch View Post
 

True, but as much as I respect Gene Wilder, not sure what you're getting across here.

post #8187 of 15136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLaserSteel View Post

True, but as much as I respect Gene Wilder, not sure what you're getting across here.

 

There is a developed and accepted rapport in this thread that includes sarcasm, nay saying, humor, and borderline elitism.  If your feelings are easily hurt, then this thread, and metal in general, might not be for you.

post #8188 of 15136
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch View Post

 

There is a developed and accepted rapport in this thread that includes sarcasm, nay saying, humor, and borderline elitism.  If your feelings are easily hurt, then this thread, and metal in general, might not be for you.


Ay yi yi. I've been around the block a few times, I've posted on plenty of message boards, and I've been into metal for a long long time. This isn't about feelings, it's just about communicating on the internet. Metal isn't some excuse to be rude or something, ha and yes my bones are made of metal, and my heart pure steel. So get with it, or get out of the way. wink.gif Am I doing it right?

 

(That get with it or get out of the way thing was a reference to something hilariously awesome Todd McFarlane said on the Spawn music tape)

 

Metal isn't an excuse to be rude to eachother. Plus this has nothing to do with metal, just typical internet wackiness. Oddly enough, strangers at metal shows tend to be cool and kind, so not sure where you got those ideas. Also interesting that you listed humor on that list, ha I think everyone likes humor.


Edited by MetalLaserSteel - 1/9/13 at 12:46pm
post #8189 of 15136

we're all 

 

post #8190 of 15136

Trogdor, good write-up on the Earache model. It could really be a push in the right direction even if the releases stay just in file formats.

 

I'm referring to /https://www.metal-fi.com/at-earache-less-earache/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal