Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 518

post #7756 of 15710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

1000

 

 

I can't believe I'm actually starting to like this? Not really my style, but the sound and musicianship is just so good it transcends whatever genre it is?

 

 

1000

 

Another album I'm trying to like but in the end ..........I don't think I'll be able to get there?

I had the opportunity to listen to practically almost of the works of BTBAM,and quite honestly they started as metal but the last three albums i don't know exactly how to classify them!But they still having a good sound i even like that album just made of covers,especially Territory and - Us And Them.

 

About All That Remains i have to search for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

I kind of started to loose interest in them around 07's Ithyphallic, with Annihilation of the Wicked being my all time favorite, then Black Seeds of Vengeance 2nd and In Their Darkened Shrines being 3rd favorite.

 

They always had good recordings, except for this last album? Even seeing them live, it was like OK,"this sound was really cool when it first came out, the middle eastern sound is getting a little stale?"

 

Although i like practically all their release, i agree that their first works sounded more the style of Death i am looking for,the lasts being in my conception a natural sequence of that follow the logic of their chronological sounding evolution (wow i am getting into really complex English dialogue!Or maybe just a couple of nice words together... :-).

At The Gate Of Sethu is not that original ,maybe because we already know who are Nile,but i still like it quite a bit.I just love the fact they use ancient Egypt culture in their lyrics and when there is some of their Egyptian characteristic kind of sound with those kind of low tubes and trombones (i don't know the exact name of those instrument),giving a great "Atmosphere" at the start or ending of some of their songs.

post #7757 of 15710

1000

http://theemergingaddiction.blogspot.com/2010/06/nile-annihilation-of-wicked-double-lp.html

post #7758 of 15710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

1000

 

 

I can't believe I'm actually starting to like this? Not really my style, but the sound and musicianship is just so good it transcends whatever genre it is?

 

 

1000

 

Another album I'm trying to like but in the end ..........I don't think I'll be able to get there?

 

 

 

Im enjoying BTBAM's new one quite a bit...

 

as far as All That Remains goes...they havent had a good cd since the Fall of Ideals came out, Overcome wasnt terrible, but everything since then has been pretty awful

post #7759 of 15710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

 

Im enjoying BTBAM's new one quite a bit...

 

as far as All That Remains goes...they havent had a good cd since the Fall of Ideals came out, Overcome wasnt terrible, but everything since then has been pretty awful

I listen to stuff like All That Remains only because at times you find stuff that you like. I try really to keep an open mind. Yes, never heard anything they have done. This was very derivative, not original and maybe all I dislike about M/core. I took a chance with BTBAM and it paid off! So I guess you never know. I know very little about these type of bands so it's always strange. I guess though the only other band I like with this type music would be As I lay Dying. I actually like them. The below record is produced by a band that totally gets a ton of hate! I dig it though. I could never figure out why these guys get so much flack on the metal boards, other than the Core aspect they have?

 

 

1000


Edited by Redcarmoose - 11/24/12 at 11:14am
post #7760 of 15710

I really like city of evil and the self titled release that followed it by Avenged Sevenfold, theyre a modern day Guns'n'Roses is what they are

post #7761 of 15710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

I really like city of evil and the self titled release that followed it by Avenged Sevenfold, theyre a modern day Guns'n'Roses is what they are

Totally like GNR! Very melodic in both guitar and vocals. There stuff is well recorded. The band though seems to have two types of fans, those that like the early stuff and those that like the later stuff. I though that the self-titled release came before City of Evil. I thought Nightmare is the only other record that came after, except the single they just released?

post #7762 of 15710
Studio albums

your right!

post #7763 of 15710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

Totally like GNR! Very melodic in both guitar and vocals. There stuff is well recorded. The band though seems to have two types of fans, those that like the early stuff and those that like the later stuff. I though that the self-titled release came before City of Evil. I thought Nightmare is the only other record that came after, except the single they just released?

 

Yeah i wasnt a big fan of the earlier metalcoreish stuff, but starting with city of evil i was a fan for sure. And it went City of Evil > Avenged Sevenfold > Nightmare(which i wasnt a huge fan of). havent heard this new single though...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

your right!

Typically am biggrin.gif

post #7764 of 15710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

 

Yeah i wasnt a big fan of the earlier metalcoreish stuff, but starting with city of evil i was a fan for sure. And it went City of Evil > Avenged Sevenfold > Nightmare(which i wasnt a huge fan of). havent heard this new single though...

 

Typically am biggrin.gif

I liked Nightmare a little but CoE is a great classic CD. I never get tired of it.

post #7765 of 15710

Here is the new single! What do you think?

 

post #7766 of 15710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

Here is the new single! What do you think?

 


lol...its a classic for sure

post #7767 of 15710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post


lol...its a classic for sure

 

 

 

1000

 

 

OK OK....here it is.........

 

 

post #7768 of 15710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

 

 

 

 

 

 

OK OK....here it is.........

 

 

 

 

i love it!  bring back the guitar solo!

 

metal doesn't have to be grym or brvtal to be really fun to listen to.  

 

and...GnR rocks


Edited by ferday - 11/24/12 at 12:28pm
post #7769 of 15710

I'm gonna have to hear this new All That Remains. Overcome wasn't their best, but I really enjoyed For We Are Many.

post #7770 of 15710
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post

I'm gonna have to hear this new All That Remains. Overcome wasn't their best, but I really enjoyed For We Are Many.


The new All That Remains album is weak.  They went soft and mainstream.

 

I've been listening to Rings Of Saturn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPe9OD9a0Qs

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal