Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 504

post #7546 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

Four more full LoC records still on hold but not yet released!basshead.gif

You better not be kiddingblink.gif

Where'd you hear this? On the documentary he made it pretty clear there's no more coming since his muse for the project has passed away.

 

edit:

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Lurker_of_Chalice/37266

Oh okay. Doesn't unfortunately mean they'll be released. That interview quote was from '04.


Edited by Kirnupiima - 11/8/12 at 3:04am
post #7547 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirnupiima View Post

You better not be kiddingblink.gif

Where'd you hear this? On the documentary he made it pretty clear there's no more coming since his muse for the project has passed away.

 

edit:

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Lurker_of_Chalice/37266

Oh okay. Doesn't unfortunately mean they'll be released. That interview quote was from '04.

I have read it in two places, who really knows. He is releasing CDRs privately so maybe that's how it's being done.

post #7548 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post

I actually like Ihsahn quite a bit. His solo work is excellent, but I can guarantee he wasn't in the greatest place during his Emperor days. Come on, the band was affiliated with church burnings and one of the members was imprisoned for killing a dude. Now, I know his so called "satanist" title was more of a plight from conformity and the church, but the Black Metal scene was trying to fight ignorance with negativity. I don't like the church either, but I'm not gonna' go to the other extreme because that's just as useless as following the church.

 

 

I think you may be looking way too deeply into this. Metal has always been rebellious and extreme, be it Black Metal or Thrash Metal. Mostly by immature youngsters, honest and having a lot of things to say, but still quite immature and not seeing the whole picture. Even during the rise of Black Metal they were just normal (and maybe stupid) metalhead teens having fun and the crazies were quite few, but thanks to those few things got out of hand. Dead (very messed up kid, quite similar to Malefic. Commited suicide), Faust (the one who killed the homosexual man) and Varg Vikernes. (murdered Euronymous and was the main chuch burner) Samoth of Emperor was also part of the burnings, served his time (all 1.5 years), and is still in the scene making music.


Music had little to do with it, there were just few young crazies/idiots and things happened because they were crazy/idiots, not because they were inspired by the music or anything.


Edited by MaZa - 11/8/12 at 9:02am
post #7549 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaZa View Post

 

 

I think you may be looking way too deeply into this. Metal has always been rebellious and extreme, be it Black Metal or Thrash Metal. Mostly by immature youngsters, honest and having a lot of things to say, but still quite immature and not seeing the whole picture. Even during the rise of Black Metal they were just normal (and maybe stupid) metalhead teens having fun and the crazies were quite few, but thanks to those few things got out of hand. Dead (very messed up kid, quite similar to Malefic. Commited suicide), Faust (the one who killed the homosexual man) and Varg Vikernes. (murdered Euronymous and was the main chuch burner) Samoth of Emperor was also part of the burnings, served his time (all 1.5 years), and is still in the scene making music.


Music had little to do with it, there were just few young crazies/idiots and things happened because they were crazy/idiots, not because they were inspired by the music or anything.

maybe it's me but i think you're missing his point...he's not saying that they were inspired by music, but their music was inspired by their "negative" lifestyle.  note the quotes please...metal doesn't judge he he

 

i've seen a few documentaries on the early BM scene and i would not say that "all" of them were normal kids!  but if they were, they probably wouldn't have made the music, so everybody wins (except churches and all the dead guys evil_smiley.gif )

post #7550 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post

maybe it's me but i think you're missing his point...he's not saying that they were inspired by music, but their music was inspired by their "negative" lifestyle.  note the quotes please...metal doesn't judge he he

 

i've seen a few documentaries on the early BM scene and i would not say that "all" of them were normal kids!  but if they were, they probably wouldn't have made the music, so everybody wins (except churches and all the dead guys evil_smiley.gif )

 

 

Oh, now I see what he means.

And yeah, no extreme metalhead can truly be called "normal". What is messed up and repulsive to majority of people is interesting to us, or so I have found. biggrin.gif

post #7551 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post

 

Yea, Striborg still doesn't seem at "peace," and Black Metal is primarily about diving into negativity. I'm conscious of the negative side of life, and I really don't like being around most people, but enveloping myself in that emotion is a downward spiral. You're just using your energy to fuel what's making you miserable. It's an illusion of power that you'll never have that way because you're really just a slave to your emotions at that point.

 

 

 

 

I missed this post. Now I understand your POV.  I would say that it depends on person and how the person listens the music. Despite my facepalm worthy oddball sense of humor that never stops I am a serious and negative person, and this kind of negative music simply speaks the "language" I understand, where as happy kind of music either does nothing or in worst case scenario annoys me due to its naivete (or so I see it as).

post #7552 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaZa View Post

I missed this post. Now I understand your POV.  I would say that it depends on person and how the person listens the music. Despite my facepalm worthy oddball sense of humor that never stops I am a serious and negative person, and this kind of negative music simply speaks the "language" I understand, where as happy kind of music either does nothing or in worst case scenario annoys me due to its naivete (or so I see it as).

 

I hear ya'. Different things click with different people. I try to find a balance in all of it, because too happy annoys me, as does too negative. So, I try to stay afloat somewhere in between. 

post #7553 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaZa View Post



Well, except for the Striborg guy who does have his life quite straight. Not in complete isolation anymore (as he said, he realised its nothing but gateway to depression. Apparently early enough to stop it before it got out of hand, unlike...) and has wife and kids now. He just really needs to cut that screaming in caves crap, thats not healthy... tongue.gif Malefic on the other hands seems to be in quite bad shape, to the point that its actually frightening. And I though I was a hermit!

 

The part about Wrest being in Skate Or Die NES game box made me burst in laughter though. Amazing piece of information for us geeks though.

 

I was impressed by Malefic, even relate to what he was saying....

post #7554 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

 

I was impressed by Malefic, even relate to what he was saying....

 

 

I do understand the way he feels completely. I do not have a very high opinion about general humanity either, and also have yearned for almost complete isolation myself. I guess thats why I feel his situation frightening because I see how that can get out of hand.

post #7555 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaZa View Post

 

 

I do understand the way he feels completely. I do not have a very high opinion about general humanity either, and also have yearned for almost complete isolation myself. I guess thats why I feel his situation frightening because I see how that can get out of hand.

 

What I meant was, he didn't look scary or crazy.  A normal person speaking might get freaked out but I think most people are too scared to make an attempt to introspect or measure the depth of their feelings, thoughts and emotions like Malefic has done. He seemed disturbed but self aware.

post #7556 of 16567
So I finally got to the new Krallice record which is outstanding. Much better than Diotima in my opinion. Check out a live performance from their release party:



My review on Metal-Fi is here

Click here to stream on Bandcamp
Edited by Trogdor - 11/9/12 at 5:28am
post #7557 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaZa View Post

I do understand the way he feels completely. I do not have a very high opinion about general humanity either, and also have yearned for almost complete isolation myself. I guess thats why I feel his situation frightening because I see how that can get out of hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

What I meant was, he didn't look scary or crazy.  A normal person speaking might get freaked out but I think most people are too scared to make an attempt to introspect or measure the depth of their feelings, thoughts and emotions like Malefic has done. He seemed disturbed but self aware.

"“Man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. Society is something that precedes the individual. Anyone who either cannot lead the common life or is so self-sufficient as not to need to, and therefore does not partake of society, is either a beast or a god."

-Aristotle
Edited by Trogdor - 11/9/12 at 5:35am
post #7558 of 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


"“Man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. Society is something that precedes the individual. Anyone who either cannot lead the common life or is so self-sufficient as not to need to, and therefore does not partake of society, is either a beast or a god."
-Aristotle

 

 

I do not agree with this.

 

But I do agree that new KRALLICE IS AWESOME.. God bless bandcamp !!!

post #7559 of 16567
I've been jamming to this free album from Cloudyhead. There's no vocals, just instrumentals.
http://cloudyhead.bandcamp.com/
post #7560 of 16567

anyone checked out the new Down (iv purple EP)?

 

i just picked it up and really enjoying it...a lot more than Down III which i found disappointing...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal