Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 288

post #4306 of 14105

Anyone in here advice on a passive bookshelf speaker for near-field listening? You should know my musical taste by now. ;) Budget is around $300/$400. Hook a misanthropic, nihilistic, satan-worshipping brother up! 

post #4307 of 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

Really 'The HUNTER' (unofficially) is out. I am listening to it as I type this.



Have to say there is more similarity between 'Baroness' and 'Mastodon' with the release of 'The Hunter'. It feels each is a side project of other and surprising that both bands are unrelated.

post #4308 of 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

Anyone in here advice on a passive bookshelf speaker for near-field listening? You should know my musical taste by now. ;) Budget is around $300/$400. Hook a misanthropic, nihilistic, satan-worshipping brother up! 


That's a bit of a tricky price range. There's some stuff a bit below your price range like the KRK R6, not much, and then lots of stuff starting at $800+/pr. You can always try traditional Hifi speakers of course, but near-field performance can be dodgy on some.

 

post #4309 of 14105

new Machine Head is pretty good i think...

 

post #4310 of 14105

Which are the songs that you hate but still secretly love?? 

post #4311 of 14105

Alright guys just finished listening to the new Mastodon and i am really impressed. Sounds really good, and the production seems good. Thank you youtube for allowing me to preview the full album online.

post #4312 of 14105

Ok all.
This is a progressive metal band, just released their Ep.
From the first demo track they released, they changed the way I hear music, and think about it too.
soundwise, they are interesting, really amazing melodies, and atonal riffs melt together really well.
the singer (ryan Devlin) has a really amazing voice, suits the band very well.
any way, enough yabbering.
I give you
Corelia.

http://soundcloud.com/corelia/sets/nostalgia-1/
the whole ep is in this link, title is Nostalgia.

heres the facebook page for them
http://www.facebook.com/CoreliaBand

Have fun discovering the best metal band you will come across for quite a while smily_headphones1.gif

post #4313 of 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantNoise View Post

Ok all.
This is a progressive metal band, just released their Ep.
From the first demo track they released, they changed the way I hear music, and think about it too.


Have fun discovering the best metal band you will come across for quite a while smily_headphones1.gif


Hahaha this sounds promising. I better like it! :D Gonna check it out tonight. Welcome, btw. 

post #4314 of 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

Which are the songs that you hate but still secretly love?? 



post #4315 of 14105

Bad company by FFDP.  I hate those posers so much and myself for liking that pop song

post #4316 of 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post






I hereby revoke your BME card. :-)
post #4317 of 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

new Machine Head is pretty good i think...

 


First impression was its not the Blackening but its a darn good solid release. I am waiting for my CD arrive. I am YouTubed out!
post #4318 of 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post



I hereby revoke your BME card. :-)


I can't help it. They are having too much fun in the video and I love the vocals. KSE always look like such a jolly gang of down to earth dudes. 

post #4319 of 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post





I can't help it. They are having too much fun in the video and I love the vocals. KSE always look like such a jolly gang of down to earth dudes. 


Its not the worse choice by any means. Its just shocking. Though I noticed Negakinu, unlike some other BMEs, your musical tastes are more diverse. Kudos.
post #4320 of 14105

I saw Katatonia last night and instantly became a fan. Just sick.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal