or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 1248

post #18706 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post
 

 

I was really into post metal for about a year before getting burned out. I still visit favorites occasionally, but a lot of these albums seem to lack substance with repeated listens.


Yeah, I know what you mean. I agree it's easy to get bored with the genre. I still will pull out a few Nurosis/Isis/CUL albums when in the mood. But a lot of my older instrumental Pelican/Red Sparowes and the like not so much. I thought the last Russian Circles was good. And, I like some of the genre shifting bands that use post influences like Tombs, Deafhaven, The Ocean, etc.

post #18707 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfillion View Post

The new Cradle Of Filth single is really good!







That was one of the greatest songs of the year. COF gets a lot of hate, oh-well, either you get what they are doing or you don't. I have been into them heavy for years and years. They have utilized everything they have been known for in this song. Almost like they were able to find the sound they are great at in the past and refine it. If the album is like this song it will be in my top five list for sure.The vocals in the background are just like what Sarah Jezebel Diva brought to the band from as far back as 1993, when she was just 16.


The female vocals are by a Lindsay Schoolcraft, who also does the keys.



Dani Filth looks like he has lost some weight, as well as the band being re-staffed again. Twin guitars again give us those melodic riffs missing from the last couple albums. There is actually a chance this album could surpass 2008s "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder"!

If that happens I will maybe cry in happiness.tongue.gif
post #18708 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

There is actually a chance this album could surpass 2008s "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder"!

 

Man, that album had some sick lyrical themes, being based on one of the greatest villains in history. I have the deluxe two-disc edition. Heard the bonus disc? =D

post #18709 of 25550

God damn! That new CoF sounds good.

 

I've been trying to listen to some new stuff. Totally digging the new Arcturus, that album is all over the place! Then Kadavar, Septic Flesh and Sulphur Aeon. I need killer background music while writing research papers.

post #18710 of 25550

Who's heard the new Moonspell? I haven't yet...

post #18711 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post

Man, that album had some sick lyrical themes, being based on one of the greatest villains in history. I have the deluxe two-disc edition. Heard the bonus disc? =D


Purchased the original In 2008 then found the Digipack 2x CD when Virgin Records was closing near where I live. I think I paid $4 for it? So yes, three CDs total. My COF collection has only one vinyl, Midian, a couple live DVDs and even the greatest hits. But Ya, they always seem to make an expanded edition?


A great surprise was their rendition of Mr. Crowley on an expanded edition in 2004 of Nymphetamine. You got that?!

Might as well wait a couple days as you know this album will come out later with an expanded. Still they will get back at our behavior of waiting by putting out an expanded-expanded 3 disk set maybe.lol

Another one I own is the expanded 2 disk of 2001s Cruelty and the Beast, the album that made them mainstream. I have seen the Celtic Cross edition but never heard it? You got that?
Edited by Redcarmoose - 5/15/15 at 1:10am
post #18712 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipervick View Post

God damn! That new CoF sounds good.

I've been trying to listen to some new stuff. Totally digging the new Arcturus, that album is all over the place! Then Kadavar, Septic Flesh and Sulphur Aeon. I need killer background music while writing research papers.

Arcturus is now an expanded edition too!
post #18713 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

 

Quote:
A great surprise was their rendition of Mr. Crowley on an expanded edition in 2004 of Nymphetamine. You got that?!

 

Yep, I have that too! ^_^ And the normal edition.

 

(Man, when I first saw the album art of that album in a mall, I was so turned on and excited! Had no idea a new Cradle album was out at the time.)

 

Quote:
Another one I own is the expanded 2 disk of 2001s Cruelty and the Beast, the album that made them mainstream. I have seen the Celtic Cross edition but never heard it? You got that?

 

I just have the two-disc jewel case edition of that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

Arcturus is now an expanded edition too!

 

Good thing I'm not buying CDs nowadays (focusing on audio gear) and can wait until later, when all the fancy stuff is out.

post #18714 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

Arcturus is now an expanded edition too!


I guess the Arcturus is about 90% perfect. Thought it was going to be my favorite of the year, still it's good but has a couple so-so parts. It IS all over the place. It does not really go together well. I hate to say that but it's true.

It would have actually been better if they made it a 24 song album and wrote passages to fit the songs together better. I still love the album. It does have a feeling like one of those lost remnants albums where they put found recordings together?
post #18715 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

Arcturus is now an expanded edition too!

 

Too many versions, if you ask me:

 

Quote:
Available editions:
- CD Digipak
- Gatefold LP (180g vinyl, black) incl. poster and PVC protection sleeve (500 copies available)
- limited 2CD hardcover book (18x18 cm, 48 pages) incl. additional artwork and bonus CD feat. exclusive remixes of album tracks
- Box set incl. 2CD hardcover book, gatefold vinyl, bonus LP feat. remixes, poster and certificate (250 copies available)
- Box set with the same content as the "regular" box set plus an exclusive vinyl test pressing - only available via pre-order and exclusively at the Prophecy online shop!
post #18716 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post


Yep, I have that too! ^_^ And the normal edition.

(Man, when I first saw the album art of that album in a mall, I was so turned on and excited! Had no idea a new Cradle album was out at the time.)


I just have the two-disc jewel case edition of that.


Good thing I'm not buying CDs nowadays (focusing on audio gear) and can wait until later, when all the fancy stuff is out.





You got excited to see this gold embossed slip cover?


The new Moonspell is one of the greatest albums of the year. It is just fantastic, it has an expanded edition too, by the way.
post #18717 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

You got excited to see this gold embossed slip cover?

The new Moonspell is one of the greatest albums of the year. It is just fantastic, it has an expanded edition to, by the way.

 

No, man, I was talking about when the album first came out in 2004.

 

 

The two-disc edition came out in 2005 and I didn't even know it existed until years later.

 

My favorite Cradle album art is the Lovecraft & Witch Hearts compilation, though.

 

 

Good to hear about Moonspell. I'm 25% Portuguese and they are the only Portuguese band I know.


Edited by Music Alchemist - 5/15/15 at 1:29am
post #18718 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post

Too many versions, if you ask me:


That was like the last Led. Zepplin live album they did with John's son on drums. It came in every format there is and invented one or two.

There still is somthing nice about a regular CD. In the days of vinyl album could only play so long. CDs came out, then they started to make them long. The expanded editions always have songs that don't go with the album. Collectors want them but that's it.

Except for that Mr. Crowly song added extra, I have never been that blown away by any expanded edition. Plus now there is a tendency to make the extra songs dance remixes. Really is the way you want to end your gothic heavy metal listen session with disco remixes?
post #18719 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

That was like the last Led. Zepplin live album they did with John's son on drums. It came in every format there is and invented one or two.

There still is somthing nice about a regular CD. In the days of vinyl album could only play so long. CDs came out, then they started to make them long. The expanded editions always have songs that don't go with the album. Collectors want them but that's it.

Except for that Mr. Crowly song added extra, I have never been that blown away by any expanded edition. Plus now there is a tendency to make the extra songs dance remixes. Really is the way you want to end your gothic heavy metal listen session with disco remixes?

 

I know what you mean, but some expanded editions, bonus content, etc. are pretty awesome. Collecting music is so fun, but expensive!

post #18720 of 25550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post

No, man, I was talking about when the album first came out in 2004.




The two-disc edition came out in 2005 and I didn't even know it existed until years later.

My favorite Cradle album art is the Lovecraft & Witch Hearts compilation, though.




Good to hear about Moonspell. I'm 25% Portuguese and they are the only Portuguese band I know.



Yes, that is another album that I found for three US dollars when a Tower Records was going out of business. I maybe would not have purchased it but 2 disks for that price? That came with 3d cover art, right?



The Moonspell is so catchy, you will find yourself singing the songs around town. Try that with Cannible Corpse?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal