Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 1148

post #17206 of 17219

 

Hey now, I like Twilight of the Gods idols!  Since Ad Majorem Sathanos Gloriam (I hope no one checks my spelling on that title) was my first real BM album, I then went out and bought Twilight on iTunes (bad me), then proceeded to Antichrist, Incipit Satan, Under the Sign of Hell and Pentagram...wish I hadn't done the iTunes download thing on so much of my metal in '06 or so. Live and learn. Alas, that was before I was schooled in hifidom about the compression issues and I was listening to most of my metal on an Ipod and burned CDs listening in a cheap van stereo-my wife would otherwise give me that-"am I married to a serial killer" look. She just ignores my music now.  Those early Gorgoroth releases (Penagram, Antichrist, Under the Sign of Hell) just put a wicked smile on my face.

 

I just added Dark Funeral to my list as I make way through my metal 2014 Sonos streamathon. Finally heard the new Exodus.....


Edited by markm1 - Yesterday at 2:12 pm
post #17207 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

Hey now, I like Twilight of the Gods idols!  Since Ad Majorem Sathanos Gloriam (I hope no one checks my spelling on that title) was my first real BM album, I then went out and bought Twilight on iTunes (bad me), then proceeded to Antichrist, Incipit Satan, Under the Sign of Hell and Pentagram...wish I hadn't done the iTunes download thing on so much of my metal in '06 or so. Live and learn. Alas, that was before I was schooled in hifidom about the compression issues and I was listening to most of my metal on an Ipod and burned CDs listening in a cheap van stereo-my wife would otherwise give me that-"am I married to a serial killer" look. She just ignores my music now.  Those early Gorgoroth releases (Penagram, Antichrist, Under the Sign of Hell) just put a wicked smile on my face.

I just added Dark Funeral to my list as I make way through my metal 2014 Sonos streamathon. Finally heard the new Exodus.....

You missed the point, the difference is that Black Metal has typically had low quality self made or non professional look cover shots. Having professional portraits is different and in a way lessens the charm, for some.


The post had nothing derogatory about Gorgoroth's music and if the album it was good or not.
Edited by Redcarmoose - Yesterday at 5:59 pm
post #17208 of 17219
See?
post #17209 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


You missed the point, the difference is that Black Metal has typically had low quality self made or non professional look cover shots. Having professional portraits is different and in a way lessens the charm, for some.


The post had nothing derogatory about Gorgoroth's music and if the album it was good or not.

 

No,I got your point. I was just being tongue in cheek. I know a lot of people prefer the earlier pre Gaahl Gorgoroth.

post #17210 of 17219

Could I get a recommendation for some reasonably priced IEMs for metal? Just want something for taking my Ipod to the gym, around the house....but they won't be used that much so I don't want to drop large $-something that sounds pretty good...not high end...Thanks!

post #17211 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

Could I get a recommendation for some reasonably priced IEMs for metal? Just want something for taking my Ipod to the gym, around the house....but they won't be used that much so I don't want to drop large $-something that sounds pretty good...not high end...Thanks!

Vsonic VSD1 or 1S

post #17212 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

Vsonic VSD1 or 1S


Cool-thanks, Man-I'm willing to spend some, but wow


Edited by markm1 - Today at 10:09 am
post #17213 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

Could I get a recommendation for some reasonably priced IEMs for metal? Just want something for taking my Ipod to the gym, around the house....but they won't be used that much so I don't want to drop large $-something that sounds pretty good...not high end...Thanks!
The classic Re0 for $79.
Hard to beat, after you get used to the light bass. They don't last forever though. Another is the regular Apple EarPods with foam covers. They last forever and can withstand gym mishaps. The problem though is the EarPods don't fit everyone's ears. I turn them in an unusual way so the cord posts are pointing forward straight out of my ear canal. With the foam covers you get a perfect fit with great bass. The issue is they fall out of some folks ears. If you have small ear canals they do not fit either. The nice part is they sound perfect with all metal and are free with all Apple IPods except the discontinued classic model. Normally $29 but at times less. Be careful though as the fakes are everywhere even on Amazon.
Edited by Redcarmoose - Today at 10:12 am
post #17214 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


The classic Re0 for $79.
Hard to beat, after you get used to the light bass. They don't last forever though. Another is the regular Apple EarPods with foam covers. They last forever and can withstand gym mishaps. The problem though is the EarPods don't fit everyone's ears. I turn them in an unusual way so the cord posts are pointing forward straight out of my ear canal. With the foam covers you get a perfect fit with great bass. The issue is they fall out of some folks ears. If you have small ear canals they do not fit either. The nice part is they sound perfect with all metal and are free with all Apple IPods except the discontinued classic model. Normally $29 but at times less. Be careful though as the fakes are everywhere even on Amazon.


That's great-big thanks

post #17215 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

Could I get a recommendation for some reasonably priced IEMs for metal? Just want something for taking my Ipod to the gym, around the house....but they won't be used that much so I don't want to drop large $-something that sounds pretty good...not high end...Thanks!

Maybe looking for IEMs that have a sweat proof feature is advisable if you are going to use in gym?
post #17216 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentFrequency View Post

Maybe looking for IEMs that have a sweat proof feature is advisable if you are going to use in gym?


I have dropped the EarPods in a stream, pulled them out and they still played perfect after dry.
post #17217 of 17219



Had a craving for old Incantation, listening to 16 bit at 44.1 kHz Redbook. Just amazing.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDsXckUjaso
post #17218 of 17219
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post


That's great-big thanks


Either need 50 hours of burn-in before they sound right. IMO
post #17219 of 17219





Says Natt: "Since the beginning of my time, here, in this world, there has always been, a strong connection, towards the isolated parts of the soul, a connection within and beyond. A connection to what can not be seen, nor heard. To everything and nothing. To what is, and what is not, and that which lies between. Outside the borders of this life. Beyond, yet within the acausal flame, in the night, I dwell, beyond the broken circle, outside of the causal mundane, yet not."


Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dark-funeral-announces-addition-of-singer-heljarmadr-bassist-natt/#TMZMC41AT0lkkO6Q.99
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal